GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I Kick Nintendo In The Balls"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 02/08/02 at 15:32
Regular
(If you haven't completed Luigi's Mansion don't read dude)

Call me slow but I completed Luigi's Mansion today. I've been on and off it ever since I've got my Gamecube. If I combine all those times together then the game is great...apart from the end.

Ok, first question.

I get to the end thinking I've done pretty well got 49/50 Boo's (thought King Boo was 50th?!?) and I thought I had quite a bit of money. I een cleaned out each room of cash!

So I go beat Bowser/King Boo (God knows why Bowser was in the thing anyway, he was kind of like a robot or something) and then I get told I'm a grade F!!!

Yes, that's grade 'F'! F for f**king crap!

What's going on there? How could I of got my grade better?

Then I get a house with my money and it's a stoopid Bungalow kinda like the ones you get at Haven. That Professor guy then calls it a Mansion! No wonder he wears those big goggles, blind man.

Then I realise I've got a hidden Mansion which is like the same thing but a mirror. I noticed one change in my one minute tour of the new Hidden Mansion. The light feel on my head.

WOOPIE DOOBIE! Now I REALLY want to play again!

I then thought I'd go back and see if I had got all the Boo's or not and if not i'd go get that last remaining one. But no, I have to start all over again.

Nintendo - I kick you in the balls.

But overall, pretty good whilst it lasted. :-D
Fri 02/08/02 at 15:32
"Uzi Lover"
(If you haven't completed Luigi's Mansion don't read dude)

Call me slow but I completed Luigi's Mansion today. I've been on and off it ever since I've got my Gamecube. If I combine all those times together then the game is great...apart from the end.

Ok, first question.

I get to the end thinking I've done pretty well got 49/50 Boo's (thought King Boo was 50th?!?) and I thought I had quite a bit of money. I een cleaned out each room of cash!

So I go beat Bowser/King Boo (God knows why Bowser was in the thing anyway, he was kind of like a robot or something) and then I get told I'm a grade F!!!

Yes, that's grade 'F'! F for f**king crap!

What's going on there? How could I of got my grade better?

Then I get a house with my money and it's a stoopid Bungalow kinda like the ones you get at Haven. That Professor guy then calls it a Mansion! No wonder he wears those big goggles, blind man.

Then I realise I've got a hidden Mansion which is like the same thing but a mirror. I noticed one change in my one minute tour of the new Hidden Mansion. The light feel on my head.

WOOPIE DOOBIE! Now I REALLY want to play again!

I then thought I'd go back and see if I had got all the Boo's or not and if not i'd go get that last remaining one. But no, I have to start all over again.

Nintendo - I kick you in the balls.

But overall, pretty good whilst it lasted. :-D
Fri 02/08/02 at 15:46
Regular
When i finished it first time i got a grade f too, i had 43 boos and not a lot of money and took a long time.

the second time i did it i had 41 boos and had lots more money and only took a few hours and i got grade C.

I wonder if anything happens when you get all 50 boos?
Fri 02/08/02 at 16:34
"Uzi Lover"
nasty neighbour wrote:
> I wonder if anything happens when you get all 50 boos?

Well I got 49 and nothing.

I might of got 50 I'm not sure, because it never told me. I figured King Boo was a boo and so took him as the last one. It's common sense really, King 'Boo'

*rolls eyes*

But he wasn't?!?
Fri 02/08/02 at 16:59
Regular
"Selected"
Monkey_With_Attitude wrote:
> nasty neighbour wrote:
> I wonder if anything happens when you get all 50 boos?
>
>
> Well I got 49 and nothing.
>
> I might of got 50 I'm not sure, because it never told me. I figured
> King Boo was a boo and so took him as the last one. It's common sense
> really, King 'Boo'
>
> *rolls eyes*
>
> But he wasn't?!?

I'm pretty sure King boo IS the 50th one, to the best of my memory anyway.

As for your grade, it's more down to money and the time it took, don't forget how to get more cash:

- The faster you can catch the boss ghosts the bigger the 'pearls' they drop and so more money you get.
- There are several ghost mice that are gold, a little jingle plays when they appear - catch them for a phat pound of mollah.
- When you get the water element, you can water every plant you see, each giving out a wad of cash.

Hope this helps just a little.

As for the mirrored mansion, what the hell does the little star mean next to the gameboy horror? It wasn't there for the original mansion......anybody know?
Fri 02/08/02 at 17:03
"Uzi Lover"
heh you're like Luigi's Mansion guru :-D

Thanks, now I know where I went wrong.
Fri 02/08/02 at 17:50
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
Nope you're all wrong, (HA!) King Boo isn't the 50th boo the 50th boo is just a regular run of the mill boo iding about in the mansion somewhere, capture him and you get a big emerald and if I remember correctly it's worth the most cash too. Very special.

I got a B ranking first time I played through.

I don't think it matters how long you take but I could be wrong.

If you vacum up the boss ghost type things all in one go more often than not you get the bigger pearls dropping from it, just wiggle that control stick about.

Do you know about the secret room? You know the butlers room (the one where you light his candles in the hallway near the start and he runs off to his room) well go in there and look to your right using the GB horror and you will notice a mouse hole discreetly placed out of normal view well press on that and you can now walk up to it and get sucked in to another room full of cash and diamonds and umm some ghosts.

Phew, one last tip. When the mansion has a black out, use this chance to capture those blue ghosts, there appear very rarely (but it's more likely when it's dark) and you get loadsa cash for doing that. Just save as often as possible during the game then if you miss a blue ghost you can load it up again and try again (they only appear once remember) and make sure you get them when the rooms are dark as they don't appear otherwise, if you miss one though just go after it when the mansion blacks out like I said.

Phew that is all.

I'm a pro me. :0)
Fri 02/08/02 at 17:57
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
there is another secret room, which you will find by dropping down the chimney on the roof! :D
Fri 02/08/02 at 17:59
Regular
"-_-"
In reply to the title:
NICE ONE!
Fri 02/08/02 at 18:45
"Uzi Lover"
Microchips wrote:
> there is another secret room, which you will find by dropping down the
> chimney on the roof! :D

Yep I found that on my hunt for the last couple of Boo's.

Does anything happen if you get 50 then?
Fri 02/08/02 at 18:52
Regular
"Hmmm....."
LOL @ MWA.

:D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.