GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"How about this? Please Read, You'll love it!!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 15/11/00 at 18:51
Regular
Firstly, I aim to get 100 messages on this topic.

Have any of you ever wanted to design a console?
Well here is your chance. I want you to describe your dream console!
Just a controller, colour, special gadgets etc. a couple of games an a couple of developers will do. Please give me your ideas, and maybe a SR worker will chose the best to win a game!!!!
Wed 15/11/00 at 22:27
Regular
Thinking of making a decent console? All of them needs this!

4 control ports (more if possible!)
Fast loading times (more RAM!)
Online gaming (to play against PS2 owners!)
Internet (to come to this site!)
Good games (to last as long as a decade!)
A range of games (Platformers, FPS, racing, beat em' ups, action)
A choice of colours (gold, pink, orange, silver!)
Free good ranged wireless controllers (so you don't need the hassle to plug and take out them)
A remote control (To turn on your games machine)
Listen to your own music and leaveing the SFX on (so you can get rid of the cheesy gameboy type music)

That concludes my guide to a games console. ThankYou for reading.
Wed 15/11/00 at 20:55
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
yes but these ideas have been used before, are you going to put all your favorite ideas together at the end and make a 'super console'? that would be cool, see what everyone thought of.
Wed 15/11/00 at 20:36
"possibly impossible"
Oh, nearly forgot. I'd have a wireless internet connection so that you wouldn't need to find a phoneline. I'm not sure about using a standard mobilephone connection, it would probably be more like a special system set up to handle games only (and email/internet browsing) from the console to make it faster. That way you could play net games on the move at good speeds. The connection would be to a special ISP which only charged a one off fee every year as it would be owned partly by the games companies and the console creator, thereby sharing the cost and creating revenue for them whenever someone bought their game as well as subscribing to their ISP.
Wed 15/11/00 at 20:27
Regular
"Sanity is for loser"
This is hypothetical, I respect your comment, but we don't want to be precise. We just want the ideas
Wed 15/11/00 at 20:20
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
Would many people buy gold consoles? and how would you make your soft/hardware pirate proof? sounds good but i'd like to see it done, I don't think about making consoles as there would be too many faults in it, that's why I leave it to the big companies like Sony and Nintendo, because they get paid to do these things.
Wed 15/11/00 at 20:15
"possibly impossible"
Seriously, my console of the future (tm) would be as follows:

It would be about the same size as the gameboy, but with stabilisers to allow it to stay still when at home. It would come in different colours from the start, mostly artistic swirls and sky effects etc and would incorporate three lines of LEDs which could be programmed for use in any game.

The console would be instantly playable on a small gameboy advance style screen and fold out to provide a seperate TV infra-red receiver to plug the console into the tv without wires. The screen would be on it's side when using the TV so that it could be used in games as a spare message screen (like the Dreamcast VMU but in colour and a lot bigger)

The controller could either be the console itself (for one player and portable play) or used with eight infra-red controllers, which would be motion sensitive or standard analogue control and have six top fire buttons and two analogue triggers.

Games would be smartcard based (but allow 10 Gigabytes of data, 2 gigabytes set aside for a re-writable area for game-saves and minigames) and could actually be stored in a pocket of the console itself to stop them getting lost.

Eventually a plugin would allow for gas-based 3D hologram gaming instead of a TV.
Wed 15/11/00 at 19:51
Regular
"Sanity is for loser"
Good One
Wed 15/11/00 at 19:40
Regular
"Top Gun"
Mine would be a semi-circular shape and would be dark Blue blended with emerald green. it would have an LCD display stating which game you are playing, what CD Track etc.. it would use DVD-ROM and its memory card would be a Zip Disc so that you can load your saves on your PC. It would have 4 Controller ports and the ZipCards would slot underneith the Controllers.. the controllers would be shaped like a Dreamcast controller but the anologue would go in the middle.there would be 4 Shoulder Buttons and a Triggger underneith.
Wed 15/11/00 at 19:27
Regular
"Sanity is for loser"
It would also be a reflective gold to reflect the now green, now red, now yellow flashing light. It would have it's own monitor available but would still link to TV's. The monitor would be touch screen. Also soft/hardware would be quite cheap and PIRATE-PROOF!!
Wed 15/11/00 at 19:26
"possibly impossible"
I liked the coloured buttons on the Snes and would incorporate this into the controller. I'd also have a handy little cable holder so you could choose whether to have the neat little cables at the top or bottom of the controller.

Shall I stop now?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.