GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Does anyone actually play games anymore?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 30/07/02 at 20:14
Regular
Er....anyone?

Is there one topic about the Future Of Gaming in here?
Thu 01/08/02 at 17:02
I play when I get anought Time To play but I do find I get busy when Im working.
I think I played A lot more 10years ago then I do now.
Thu 01/08/02 at 16:59
Regular
All the games i like playing are completed, and i find it boring to play them for the 55th time.

I never play on my 64 and PS but im keeping them to go back to some time, or wait until someone breaks in than get a refund a buy a lot more GC games hurray.

As for playing games i hadnt played in 2 days but i went back to burnout to day then finnaly spend about an hour to get past a hard race only to go to the next one and get stuck on that then having to start again from the start.

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. now i know why i stopped playing for a while.
Thu 01/08/02 at 12:59
Regular
Last time I played a game was this morning from around 9am til 11am.

Just cos I'm on here a lot, it doesn't stop me playing games :)
Thu 01/08/02 at 12:51
Regular
Last time i played a Game was when my cousin came around and it was raining outside so we had nothin' else to do so we played games all-day.
Thu 01/08/02 at 12:43
Regular
"Wasting away"
I gave away my PS back in November, then won Commandos 2 and fell in love with it, but completed it after 2 weeks and found no-one on the net wanting to play it. Then, I got a Mac. Oops. So, I've now got no consoles no games and a computer that will play them, but at a rip off price. So, the last time I played a game was back in November.
Wed 31/07/02 at 09:52
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Grix Thraves wrote:
> Stuff that'll be fun. I just kinda picture scenes, and make them
> happen. Think CBFD but with more flow, plot and freedom. I hope,
> anyway. Keep on working and all.

Any particular game types? FPS, 3Rd Person, platformers, etc? or???
Wed 31/07/02 at 02:56
Actually... no?! People don't play games any more!!

A recent survey showed that the millions of PS2's sold world-wide are typically used as modernistic coasters! There black exterior is perfect for hiding common stains left by spills and the wipe clean surface proves a masterpiece of engineering typical of the boys at Sony. Although this is true there have been many complaints regarding the PS2 logo and its tendency to come off fairly easy after a heavy flow of coffee. Sony should really pick up on this problem.

Cubes on the other hand are commonly used as cat flap blockades keeping nasty territorial moggy's away from your own p****'s patch, and an obvious implementation into design from Nintendo as the size is perfect for the job!! No more tacky flaps guarding your house, oh no, the cube does the job twice as good and the flip up CD top means it can adjust to fit any size cat flap on the market!

On the other hand X-Box's seem to be making perfect replacements for bricks! Believe it or not most modern houses are now built with the use of these hardwearing feats of engineering, the large rugged design and green features mean they are perfect for replacing the tried and tested brick in creating modern styled shacks!

Ever wanted to stare into your own eyes but have not been able to from lack of a reflective surface or mirror? Well this seems to have caught the publics eye as Game Boy Advance sales have rocketed! That's right, people on the street are buying these beauties just for use as a mirror! I know, you don't believe it! Neither did I until I saw five young lads just staring at the reflective surface or 'screen' supplied on the product. Again Nintendo come out tops for extras, this one just proving how in touch with the public Nintendo are.

You see dear friends, people have actually given up on gaming! Sony, Nintendo and Microsoft are making their profits using hidden 'talents' that their machines poses, maybe these 'talents' are accidents, maybe not, the fact is consoles are proving that they too can be 'jack of all trades'. Yes folks, gaming is just an image in the rear view mirror of the brave new world.

Maybe not eh.
Tue 30/07/02 at 23:52
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
Nope don't play games hardly. Nothing's gripped me for ages, I'm waiting for Skies of Arcadia on GC with baited breath here Grix.

I read about gaming mind, very interesting I just don't play hardly any more, I get the occasional blast at Tony Hawks and that's about it.
Tue 30/07/02 at 22:23
Regular
I play games a bit, I'm waiting for Mario Sunshine and all the other Nintendo epics to be released, then the gaming will start up again properly.
Tue 30/07/02 at 22:21
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Honestly though, the forums have to be renamed. For example, the Prime room isn't solely used for the Future of Gaming topics- it's for in depth gaming topics on any part of the industry. Meanwhile this room should be a general games discussion room (not just Future of Gaming), and people not chatting about games should go to the "life" room (yes, there is one!).

So, why not suggest some new names... this asks for another non-gaming topic to be set up;)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.