GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Gamecube should win"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 14/11/00 at 18:42
Regular
Gamecube has a better chance of beating sony. "Why" you may ask. But the answers are simple:

Companies like Rare are going to stick to making Gamecube games and other companies will move to Gamecube

The games have unbeatable graphics, the best detail and the best playability meaning the best all round games

Sony games like Crash bandicoot will now belong to Nintendo

The Pokemon craze will continue because of the 3 dimentional versions of red, blue, yellow, Gold and silver

The console is going to be at an affordable price meaning more people will be able to get it

Pirate copies will be almost impossible because of the speical DVD's it will use

The controllers are top notch and the Wireless controllers make tangled up wires seem like last century

On top of all this, Rumors that Nintendo are going to buy sega means that Nintendo will own 2 3rds of the gaming market. Will microsoft and there console be a number one hit?
Thu 07/12/00 at 18:07
Regular
"smile, it's free"
Here's another point of view:

Nintendo released the N64 after the PSX (and perhaps the saturn) had taken a large bite out of the market. They thought that they could make up for the late release with high specs and quality games. They didn't close the gap.

Nintendo are releasing the Gamecube after the PS2 (and perhaps the dreamcast) had taken a large bite out of the market. They think they can mke up for the late release with high specs and quality games. They ???? close the gap.
Thu 07/12/00 at 17:30
heres a point of view.
afraid i'm a nintendo kinda bloke, but please, here me out.
i had the game boy, snes, N64 and noe the CGB, and i'm saving for the game cube.
i like nintendo cuz its the most user and developer friendly. it always has the best games, even though not an abundance. eg, Mario best of 97, zelda best of 98 (joint with half-life, i accept) and pokemon for 99. i never liked sony cuz they seem to be in it for the money.
i do like sega and i'm tempted by the dreamcast, especially Crazi Taxi and Shenmue, but its it or the gc, so nintendo is the way to go
Tue 05/12/00 at 23:22
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
yw
Tue 05/12/00 at 23:16
Thanks fantasymeisteŽ, I have changed my username now. I actually registered a new account, duly received a confirmation e-mail from Special Reserve, and then found that using a provided link I could change my nickname for my first account. Which is nice. Thanks for the help :)
Mon 04/12/00 at 14:09
"possibly impossible"
I believe that brand loyalty is not a sensible option. If I see a game I like on a console then I will buy that console first. Then when another game I like comes out on another console, I will attempt to save for that one.

Why haven't I got a PS2? Well, for a start I couldn't afford the money for the console, plus even if I could get the money for christmas I'd have had to have pre-ordered one anyway. I have a Dreamcast because I really enjoy the games for it, more so than any console I've owned before.

If there were only one machine to chose (can you 'chose' from one? nevermind) then the makers could charge what they liked for it and although all the developers would be limited to programming for one machine, there wouldn't be that great push for success, to woo the customers to that company. Competition is good and all the companies are realising that and trying not to tread on each other's toes while trying to increase their userbase at the same time.

Several interviews with Sony, Sega and Nintendo pr people have shown that they all suggest their machine is not in direct competition from their rivals, but they all have something to offer. This is more sensible than it sounds and seems to be the way forward.
Mon 04/12/00 at 08:48
Regular
I think it's important to discuss the pros and cons of the consoles in the forum. We are all biased and have our favourites, but a well structured argument for one console can have an important impact. Having read the pros of the DC for example (I've always preferred Sony), I have been swayed to get a Dreamcast, and I'm glad I did. Without the forum debate on the subject I doubt that I would ever have considered going back to Sega after their Saturn debacle.
So although they can get boring, discussions of the 'Dreamcast rool and Sony sux and X-Box will be the next Anti-Christ' type can serve some purpose.

Sony rool.
Mon 04/12/00 at 03:38
cant u just quit all the "tihs is better then that" stuff. even i am fed up with it all, i dont care who wins, i want future consoles to get better, that means all games as a whole will be. damn this can b so boring
Mon 04/12/00 at 03:24
Regular
It's not easy, but there's a post around here somewhere telling you the link to change your username. Alternatively email [email protected] with your request and see if that works but give him enough info. to be able to work out who you are. I think the post with the instructions is a couple of pages back, under the topic like "Why did you chose your name?" or something like that. Have fun finding it. And don't worry about flames, we have the odd flamewar here just to clear out the cobwebs now and again. It's all done in the best possible taste.
Sun 03/12/00 at 22:44
Hey, I wasn't dissing!

And I have tried to change my alias but I can't seem to do it without registering another login. Can you tell me how?
Sun 03/12/00 at 22:12
Regular
No dissing please!
Change your name into something good!
Using your names lame!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.