GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Controllers- The Future?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 27/07/02 at 11:03
Regular
Now i know there has been loads of topics about controllers but this could be different(I HOPE).

Controllers have certainly changed. It was only today when i was playing my very first nintendo,the one before the super nintendo. Anyway the ones who might have one know what the controller is like, rectangle with very few buttons. In the time this came out it was one of the best.

One of the biggest moves in the controls department was the playstaion. It was comfotable and there was loads of buttons you could press. Then i the N64 controller i thought this was great for fps but for other games not v good this is only my opinion not everyones.

The dreamcast control was the biggest one to dateand i personally found it the best to date. Even though some will disagree. It even had the visual memory card wich i thought was well groovy. The the gamecube controller this was one of the most comfotable controllers to date for me. The xbox controller i liked a lot as it was like the dreamcast controller, but i did find that the four main buttons a little close for comfort but apart from that i loved it. I cant wait to see what controller s will be like, even thought i will have get it shipped in as microsoft has decided they wont be releasing it in europe.

Anyway enough with the boring history, there is lots up the sleeves of the big companies. There is so many ideas they can do, i think sega had the right idea and start to push the technology forward by adding a visual memory card capability.

A few ideas of mine-

This is my best idea in my mind. It occured to me while in A and E. Any way in A and E you know if you are about to die they put one of those pulse rating things on your finger. Well think if they could do add one of these to a controller, it would be so cool!! Think of playing a FPS with a pulse rating on the side, now i know when i play games especially shooters my heart will start to pound. Well think if you were about to start shooting and you took aim if your pulse was to high it would wobble because YOU arent calm enough! So if you are calm it is easier to kill. It would be like panic and lose be calm and win. It would make you feel more apart of the game. I think it would add an extra dimension to the gameplay and the applications are near endless! How would use it?

Another great idea of mine would be to have a controler like that square that was a big hit in the 60's you had to move it so that on each side there would be one colour and one colour only. Think of the controller you could move it to where you want, so you could change the left analogue sticks to the right hand side, this owuld be a good idea because it would help left handers. I hope you understand what i mean on this one it is quiote hard to understand.

Thanks for reading

fosbe
Sat 27/07/02 at 11:03
Regular
"ProGolfer"
Now i know there has been loads of topics about controllers but this could be different(I HOPE).

Controllers have certainly changed. It was only today when i was playing my very first nintendo,the one before the super nintendo. Anyway the ones who might have one know what the controller is like, rectangle with very few buttons. In the time this came out it was one of the best.

One of the biggest moves in the controls department was the playstaion. It was comfotable and there was loads of buttons you could press. Then i the N64 controller i thought this was great for fps but for other games not v good this is only my opinion not everyones.

The dreamcast control was the biggest one to dateand i personally found it the best to date. Even though some will disagree. It even had the visual memory card wich i thought was well groovy. The the gamecube controller this was one of the most comfotable controllers to date for me. The xbox controller i liked a lot as it was like the dreamcast controller, but i did find that the four main buttons a little close for comfort but apart from that i loved it. I cant wait to see what controller s will be like, even thought i will have get it shipped in as microsoft has decided they wont be releasing it in europe.

Anyway enough with the boring history, there is lots up the sleeves of the big companies. There is so many ideas they can do, i think sega had the right idea and start to push the technology forward by adding a visual memory card capability.

A few ideas of mine-

This is my best idea in my mind. It occured to me while in A and E. Any way in A and E you know if you are about to die they put one of those pulse rating things on your finger. Well think if they could do add one of these to a controller, it would be so cool!! Think of playing a FPS with a pulse rating on the side, now i know when i play games especially shooters my heart will start to pound. Well think if you were about to start shooting and you took aim if your pulse was to high it would wobble because YOU arent calm enough! So if you are calm it is easier to kill. It would be like panic and lose be calm and win. It would make you feel more apart of the game. I think it would add an extra dimension to the gameplay and the applications are near endless! How would use it?

Another great idea of mine would be to have a controler like that square that was a big hit in the 60's you had to move it so that on each side there would be one colour and one colour only. Think of the controller you could move it to where you want, so you could change the left analogue sticks to the right hand side, this owuld be a good idea because it would help left handers. I hope you understand what i mean on this one it is quiote hard to understand.

Thanks for reading

fosbe
Sat 27/07/02 at 11:08
Regular
i personally hate the xbox and dreamcast controllers, but like u said we all have our own opinions.

as for the pulse thing that would be good, and like u i love first person shooters and the idea of when ur being calm u do better is good.
it could also help in RPGs when they show a massive bad guy and the pulse gos up and then worse if ur hit or better when u start goting the better of him.

they would also proberly be able to make a game based around the pulse thing, i dont know what but they could.
Sat 27/07/02 at 11:11
Regular
"ProGolfer"
Cheers nast neigbour. One thing though to survive on these forums i would use punctuation and proper spelling. Anyway whats your email? HAve you got msn?
Sat 27/07/02 at 11:12
Regular
"Hmmm....."
Hey, some pretty good ideas there, I especially like the pulse idea.

Very good.

:)
Sat 27/07/02 at 11:13
Regular
"ProGolfer"
Cheers herc.
Sat 27/07/02 at 11:19
Regular
fosbe wrote:
> Cheers nast neigbour. One thing though to survive on these forums i
> would use punctuation and proper spelling. Anyway whats your email?
> HAve you got msn?

Ok i`ll spend more time on punctuation and spelling. I think i was rushing a bit too fast.

And my e-mail on msn is [email protected].
Sat 27/07/02 at 11:20
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
There IS a game based on your pulse, it was on Newsround.

It's a bit like Track and Field (I use that term VERY loosely), as the calmer you are, the faster your character runs. It's a racing game.
Sat 27/07/02 at 11:22
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
Sorry, but...

fosbe wrote:
> One thing though to survive on these forums i
> would use punctuation and proper spelling.
> HAve you got msn?

Pot. Kettle. Black.
Sat 27/07/02 at 11:26
Regular
"ProGolfer"
El Swandre wrote:
> Sorry, but...
>
> fosbe wrote:
> HAve you got msn?
>
> Pot. Kettle. Black.

Lol, woops.
Sat 27/07/02 at 11:26
Regular
"ProGolfer"
El Swandre wrote:
> Sorry, but...
>
> fosbe wrote:
> HAve you got msn?
>
> Pot. Kettle. Black.

Lol, woops.

*runs*

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.