GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Daily Mail - Here we go again!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 07/05/08 at 10:34
"possibly impossible"
Another day another games related story

In short:
Mother buys her 4 children a DS between them. She complains they fight over it (no? Really?) and spend too long on it, then don't do any music practice or housework.

What should really happen:
Mother is sent to jail for imposed music lessons and child labour (as well as being too thick to bring up kids).
Tue 13/05/08 at 20:33
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Garin wrote:
> Pretty sad that anybody can think that what V_M has posted is
> valid or deserved.

What V_M posted was a perfectly worded and valid 'opinion' about the usual media hype often found residing within the 'hallowed' pages of the Daily 'we'll scare you all with a load of boll**ks' Mail. He is, as we all are, allowed to have an opinion and as such he has taken the time to post his. For this alone he must receive some recognition.
Whether you agree or not is for you to decide and reply if necessary - he has stated his point of view.

As for mine, I agree with all he has said. Well put V_M:)
Tue 13/05/08 at 19:04
Regular
"you've got a beard"
grix and hippyman - ta!

pb - you`re welcome :)
Tue 13/05/08 at 19:02
Regular
"you've got a beard"
Garin wrote:
> valid or deserved.

she gave in to spoilt children, created a clearly unworkable situation, then ran crying about it to a middle class rag that would guarantee her column inches because she was slating something from pop culture. To my mind, that`s a bad parent, it was entirely deserved.

as for validation? well, it was a rant because i`m sick of reading stories like this. if you`re that intent on disagreeing with me again, offer up some contrary opinions?
Tue 13/05/08 at 18:41
Regular
"Thinking and typing"
*rolls eyes LOTS*
Tue 13/05/08 at 17:15
Regular
Suggesting an opinion is 'wrong' is daft to begin with, as it's only an opinion, and it's an insult to the intelligence of others to suggest that their own decisions are sad. By expressing your distaste at the agreement or finding of truth in what he said, which only one person said anyway, seems rather blinkered and arrogant to me, which again, is only my opinion. Disagreement, sure, but not distaste. Which is why I'm more interested in -your- opinion, and not your remarks.

So what actually is your opinion on this?
Tue 13/05/08 at 16:20
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Grix Thraves wrote:
> And instead of insulting anyone who agrees, why don't you take
> the time to explain yourself to why you think different?

I insulted people eh? If suggesting that an opinion is wrong is an insult, guilty as charged I suppose.
Tue 13/05/08 at 14:39
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Thanks pb.

I will have to look at their review then. hey aren't under new management are they? Or received a few hundred thousand from Rockstar? :p
Tue 13/05/08 at 14:14
"possibly impossible"
Just deleted that double post!

Interestingly, Daily Mail have now provided a review of GTA4 and far from being the usual diatribe against the game it actually scored full marks.
Tue 13/05/08 at 13:37
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Garin wrote:
> valid or deserved.

But then again Garin, you are the only one who has a differing opinion (so far).

I'm all for people expressing themselves (and if it's in a humourous rant, all the better!)
Tue 13/05/08 at 13:36
Regular
And instead of insulting anyone who agrees, why don't you take the time to explain yourself to why you think different?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.