GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Matrix Sequels"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 22/07/02 at 21:47
Regular
I reckon I'm in a very small section of the population, that really doesn't think these movies will be much cop.

Personally, I reckon the style of the movie really stinks. The characters just don't do it for me. They're so obviously trying to sell this sense of cool, and it's not going down well with me.

In the latest Empire magazine there are some piccies. The one with loads of agents makes me shake my head. Man, do those guys ever look sucky. They don't look menacing, or bad at all, just like complete geeks.

Then you got these guys with white dreadlocks, and I'm looking at them and thinking "What? That looks stupid".

But then again, they all wear sunglasses so they *must* be cool.

So yeah, ignore me, what do I know anyway?
Thu 25/07/02 at 09:41
Grix Thraves wrote:
> Lawless Fever wrote:
> "I don't know if anyone has said this yet"
>
> I was about to shout at you for giving plot details, [well, not shout,
> just say "OI! NO!"], but then I realised anyone who's going
> to watch it for the plot is missing the point a little.
>
> It's fun. That's all. Fnuuuuuuuuuu.

Er...Empire Magazine printed it in there a few months back, so most people on here probably already know that, chump. So, you weren't even gonna see it? Meh, no point at scrutinising me then, is there? Let other people deal with it...
Tue 23/07/02 at 20:22
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
Mr. Happy wrote:

> I very much doubt that 3D rotation would work with 2D pictures
> -switching from one camera angle to another maybe- but not rotating
> because even the cleverest commuter in the world, or even computer for
> that matter, could not work out that Keanu Reeves has a freckle on his
> lef cheek if that cheek is not visible in shot.

And that mole thing on De Niro's cheek would be sorely missed. :-D

Anyway, if this number 14 in the top 100 films ever is that Channel 4 thing then it doesn't count because Heat should be number 1 and it wasn't even in it!!
Tue 23/07/02 at 19:52
Oh well, it's a thought
Tue 23/07/02 at 19:25
Regular
"funky blitzkreig"
CTroy wrote:
> Imagine an entire film shot so that you could pause at any time and
> rotate the picture. That would be a great film.
>
> A possibility for the future?

Not really, unless they devise a way of shooting a film from every possible angle, or unless we one day watch films in proper 3D, which would just be odd.

I very much doubt that 3D rotation would work with 2D pictures -switching from one camera angle to another maybe- but not rotating because even the cleverest commuter in the world, or even computer for that matter, could not work out that Keanu Reeves has a freckle on his lef cheek if that cheek is not visible in shot.
Tue 23/07/02 at 19:19
The one true test of a film to see if it is one of the great films of all time is to see whether it is hugely popular ten or fifteen years later. I agree with the vast majority of people that the Matrix is a great film and no doubt the sequels will be as well but in my opinion it is not one of the best of all time. I believe that the poll which put the Matrix 14th best film ever was mainly voted for by teenagers who recently saw the film. It fifteen years time I don't think it will be regarded this highly.

Don't think I don't like the Matrix as it is one of my favourite films but not 14th best ever.

Films which are rightly regarded as the best of all time are films such as the Godfather trilogy which are still popular. The Matrix looks great now because of the special effects but a few years down the line these will look decidedly average.

Imagine an entire film shot so that you could pause at any time and rotate the picture. That would be a great film.

A possibility for the future?
Tue 23/07/02 at 18:59
Regular
Lawless Fever wrote:
"I don't know if anyone has said this yet"

I was about to shout at you for giving plot details, [well, not shout, just say "OI! NO!"], but then I realised anyone who's going to watch it for the plot is missing the point a little.

It's fun. That's all. Fnuuuuuuuuuu.
Tue 23/07/02 at 18:47
Regular
And then Mouse (is that his name???) can come back to life and deck the crap out of Morpheus for giving him a pudding bowl haircut in the matrix...

...or maybe not.

:D

P.S. I usually value your opinion Meka, but The Matrix rules. Yea it does!
Tue 23/07/02 at 17:55
Regular
Hm, seems a bit repetitive. Maybe Neo will get captured and Morpheus will rescue him with a fetching chain-gun/chopper combo.
Tue 23/07/02 at 14:25
I don't know if anyone has said this yet, but apparently Trinity (Carrie Anne Moss) dies, and is bought back to life :)
Tue 23/07/02 at 12:55
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
*shrugs*
I thought The Matrix was fantastic.

It didn't change my life or keep me thinking for days, it was just bloody good fun with fantastic special-effects used for a reason and it was just...cool.

I wouldn't call it the best film ever, but it certainly had me leaving the cinema saying "That rocked, I want to see that again"

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.