GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Super Smash bros melee"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 22/07/02 at 09:55
Regular
Who is the greatest character!!

Here is a list of the characters:

Mario
Luigi
Bowser
Peach
Yoshi
Donkey Kong
Captain Falcon
Ganondouf
Falco
Fox
Kirby
Ness
Pikachu
Pichu
Zelda/Sheik
Link
Young Link
Jigglypuff
Samus
Mewtwo
Marth
Roy
Mr Game & Watch
Ice climers

who's the best???
Mon 22/07/02 at 09:55
Regular
"'Excellent....'"
Who is the greatest character!!

Here is a list of the characters:

Mario
Luigi
Bowser
Peach
Yoshi
Donkey Kong
Captain Falcon
Ganondouf
Falco
Fox
Kirby
Ness
Pikachu
Pichu
Zelda/Sheik
Link
Young Link
Jigglypuff
Samus
Mewtwo
Marth
Roy
Mr Game & Watch
Ice climers

who's the best???
Mon 22/07/02 at 09:58
Regular
"what is knowledge ?"
i like them all to be honest , but i like pikachu's thunderbolt move , you can beat anything with it.
Mon 22/07/02 at 10:04
"Uzi Lover"
Indian-DudeY2K wrote:
i like pikachu's thunderbolt move ,
> you can beat anything with it.

No you can't, Captain Falcon's 'Falcon Punch' move will whip anyone. Oh and Ganondolfs alternative to 'Falcon Punch' which is something like 'URRRRARGGGGH' or something.
Mon 22/07/02 at 10:10
Regular
"what is knowledge ?"
yeah , i love his falcon punch , but what i mean is , that with pikachu's thunderbolt , if you get it right , you can keep them up in the air , and keep doing it untill they fly off the top of the screen. and you dont have to wait for it to be used , with the punch you have to wait for them to go
"arrrrrrrgggghhhgrrhghshsghhfghrhg" then they do it , which takes up time , which the other player can hit you in.
Mon 22/07/02 at 10:24
"Uzi Lover"
If I was Captain Falcon and you were Pikachu then I'd beat you. Maybe...

Unless you can do that Pikachu thing really well and not give me any chance at all.

Ganondolf's "Argggfh" thing I hate because it takes ages just to charge it up or whatever he was doing with it.

I noticed with the Falcon Punch that you can knock them pretty far away just when their life is around 30 or 40%. Espically off levels which don't start to far from the edge such as Mute City.

Mind you, it depends what character suits you. When I first got Super Smash Bros (the first N64 one) I was Pikachu right away and used him for a long time. That Thunderbolt move did seem like the best to me in the game and it did work. In the first one it was excellent. But since Melee has arrived most moves powers have changed. Have you seen how crap Kirby is now?
Mon 22/07/02 at 11:27
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Monkey_With_Attitude wrote:
> Have you seen how crap Kirby is now?

Kirby can still be a punk, especially if controlled by an advanced AI.

I like young link, since he can shoot fire arrows.
Mon 22/07/02 at 12:35
Regular
None of them because they couldn't punch there way out of a paper bag.
Mon 22/07/02 at 13:58
Regular
"'Excellent....'"
Techno freak wrote:
> None of them because they couldn't punch there way out of a paper bag.

have you even played this game???
Mon 22/07/02 at 14:04
Regular
sedgie wrote:
> Techno freak wrote:
> None of them because they couldn't punch there way out of a paper
> bag.
>
>
> have you even played this game???

No but it looks really good does it play well?
Mon 22/07/02 at 14:05
Regular
"'Excellent....'"
Personally, i think that Ganondouf is the best, he's a little bit slow but he makes up for it with all his strengh and his powerful moves. He can send anyone flying with his punch and i've used him to do all the select character event matches.

If you want to beat giga bowser, this is the man to do it with, before he has chance to do his fire breath move, do down and b (witch is the falcon kick),keep doing it until you fall off the stage then up and b back on. Repeat this and he won't even land a touch.

This character is the best for me!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.