GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"X-box - the alternate uses."

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 21/07/02 at 11:24
Regular
Ok, many of you have bought an X-box to use as a videogames console, and a few others have spent £230 on it as a DVD player, but did you know the X-box was full of other uses? Why else would Microsoft make it so big? Well, here are some examples of what the X-box can be used for:

Pram - Stick your X-box on wheels and you can fit up to a set of octoplets into this pram! Become the most fasionable parent with the most fasionable baby with one of these prams and you'll be laughing! (or laughed at)

Coffin - Sadly, one day, the inevitable will happen. But instead of getting yourself lots of expensive life insurance to pay for all your needs when you finally die, buy yourself an X-box. Your coffin will already be paid for then leaving your family only to cover the other costs.

Treehouse - Got a large tree that you think could support a large heavy object as well as (pesky) kids? Why not place an X-box in that tree and make it a kids play area! Afterall, kids like to have their own little dens to play in! And when the kids are in bed, you and your missus can have a wild night of passion all in the privacy of your X-box.

Trolley - Similar to the pram-feature, you can use your X-box as a large shopping trolley. After all, the X-box is big and spacious for all your shopping needs to be stored nicely, whilst everybody else is stuck with old, rickety metal-wireframe trolleys!

Kitty-litter - Your cat is fed up of using the same old litter-tray day in day out? Why not replace it with an X-box! That way, you can watch your cat do you a favour by dumping it's load in your X-box. Meanwhile, your cat is happy it's got something new and stylish to ruin!

Picnic Basket - Line your X-box with tinfoil, put your sandwiches in it, and hey presto, instant coolbox/picnic basket! The advantage of this over traditional picnic baskets is that Yogi Bear wont go near the thing! Afterall he is smarter than the average bear!

Torture Chamber - Stuck in a war? Why not capture some enemy soldiers and stick them inside an X-box and wait for them to talk. If they agree to give you the secret plans, then you can let them out...but can anyone last til the end of their days in there? They'd be very brave!

Secret hideout - Done something you shouldn't have? Well you can use the X-box as a perfect hiding place! Even if someone's using it for it's proper means, there's still plenty of room for a family of 4 to hide in! You'll never get found out in there!

Bomb-Shelter - Ok, there's no need for one right now, but had the Nazis invaded now instead of in World War II, the X-box could have served as the perfect protection for you and your family. Thankfully, this isn't needed at the moment, but Microsoft have made the function available for the unpredictable future.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not calling the console 'crap' or anything because of it's size. But it is, only just, the largest console on the market, that can't be denied. So yes, I'm poking fun at it's size, but it's harmless humour, nothing more :) See, you really are getting value for money by buying an X-box!
Tue 22/10/02 at 23:20
then shush then :D
Tue 22/10/02 at 21:27
Regular
I still can't believe this topic is still going!
Tue 22/10/02 at 20:23
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Whitestripes wrote:
> Razor sharp today I see.

Always mate.
Tue 22/10/02 at 01:02
Regular
Savatt78 wrote:
> Dringo wrote:
> I think he was just saying its a good post in a crap forum... but it
> aint crap where else would you find a load of hillbilly's screaming
> their console is better than everyones when they barley take notice
> of
> it... its silly they just sit their and argue rather than playing...
> im only here now cause i completed mario sunshine.
> *****
> Wrong forum mate - you want the Nintendo forum.

Razor sharp today I see.
Mon 21/10/02 at 22:09
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Dringo wrote:
> I think he was just saying its a good post in a crap forum... but it
> aint crap where else would you find a load of hillbilly's screaming
> their console is better than everyones when they barley take notice of
> it... its silly they just sit their and argue rather than playing...
> im only here now cause i completed mario sunshine.

Wrong forum mate - you want the Nintendo forum.
Mon 21/10/02 at 19:58
Regular
I think he was just saying its a good post in a crap forum... but it aint crap where else would you find a load of hillbilly's screaming their console is better than everyones when they barley take notice of it... its silly they just sit their and argue rather than playing... im only here now cause i completed mario sunshine.
Fri 18/10/02 at 22:53
Regular
Untitled, though I don't consider the X-box the best out of the three (second best maybe), this topic was started as a joke, and not as a major point.

The X-box is very big, I know that, and the boxes they come in are massive - must've taken a rainforest to make each individual cardboard box! And that's what I picked up on. I wasn't degrading the X-box at all, just poking fun, in a slightly better way than NOM, who just give consoles stupid names.
Thu 17/10/02 at 18:59
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Hey and you're a pretty second rate (if that) poster - looks like you belong in this "secnd rate" forum doesn't it.
Thu 17/10/02 at 13:28
Regular
"aliens exist"
its because, edgy, its so ratre that u actually make a relevant point, that we thought we'd effectivley frame it, by keeping it right at the top of this second rate forum,
Wed 16/10/02 at 21:36
"+ suspicious minds"
the x-box is large, the GC is small, and the PS2 looks like the whirry part of my computer, but black.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.