GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"X-box - the alternate uses."

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 21/07/02 at 11:24
Regular
Ok, many of you have bought an X-box to use as a videogames console, and a few others have spent £230 on it as a DVD player, but did you know the X-box was full of other uses? Why else would Microsoft make it so big? Well, here are some examples of what the X-box can be used for:

Pram - Stick your X-box on wheels and you can fit up to a set of octoplets into this pram! Become the most fasionable parent with the most fasionable baby with one of these prams and you'll be laughing! (or laughed at)

Coffin - Sadly, one day, the inevitable will happen. But instead of getting yourself lots of expensive life insurance to pay for all your needs when you finally die, buy yourself an X-box. Your coffin will already be paid for then leaving your family only to cover the other costs.

Treehouse - Got a large tree that you think could support a large heavy object as well as (pesky) kids? Why not place an X-box in that tree and make it a kids play area! Afterall, kids like to have their own little dens to play in! And when the kids are in bed, you and your missus can have a wild night of passion all in the privacy of your X-box.

Trolley - Similar to the pram-feature, you can use your X-box as a large shopping trolley. After all, the X-box is big and spacious for all your shopping needs to be stored nicely, whilst everybody else is stuck with old, rickety metal-wireframe trolleys!

Kitty-litter - Your cat is fed up of using the same old litter-tray day in day out? Why not replace it with an X-box! That way, you can watch your cat do you a favour by dumping it's load in your X-box. Meanwhile, your cat is happy it's got something new and stylish to ruin!

Picnic Basket - Line your X-box with tinfoil, put your sandwiches in it, and hey presto, instant coolbox/picnic basket! The advantage of this over traditional picnic baskets is that Yogi Bear wont go near the thing! Afterall he is smarter than the average bear!

Torture Chamber - Stuck in a war? Why not capture some enemy soldiers and stick them inside an X-box and wait for them to talk. If they agree to give you the secret plans, then you can let them out...but can anyone last til the end of their days in there? They'd be very brave!

Secret hideout - Done something you shouldn't have? Well you can use the X-box as a perfect hiding place! Even if someone's using it for it's proper means, there's still plenty of room for a family of 4 to hide in! You'll never get found out in there!

Bomb-Shelter - Ok, there's no need for one right now, but had the Nazis invaded now instead of in World War II, the X-box could have served as the perfect protection for you and your family. Thankfully, this isn't needed at the moment, but Microsoft have made the function available for the unpredictable future.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not calling the console 'crap' or anything because of it's size. But it is, only just, the largest console on the market, that can't be denied. So yes, I'm poking fun at it's size, but it's harmless humour, nothing more :) See, you really are getting value for money by buying an X-box!
Sun 21/07/02 at 11:24
Regular
Ok, many of you have bought an X-box to use as a videogames console, and a few others have spent £230 on it as a DVD player, but did you know the X-box was full of other uses? Why else would Microsoft make it so big? Well, here are some examples of what the X-box can be used for:

Pram - Stick your X-box on wheels and you can fit up to a set of octoplets into this pram! Become the most fasionable parent with the most fasionable baby with one of these prams and you'll be laughing! (or laughed at)

Coffin - Sadly, one day, the inevitable will happen. But instead of getting yourself lots of expensive life insurance to pay for all your needs when you finally die, buy yourself an X-box. Your coffin will already be paid for then leaving your family only to cover the other costs.

Treehouse - Got a large tree that you think could support a large heavy object as well as (pesky) kids? Why not place an X-box in that tree and make it a kids play area! Afterall, kids like to have their own little dens to play in! And when the kids are in bed, you and your missus can have a wild night of passion all in the privacy of your X-box.

Trolley - Similar to the pram-feature, you can use your X-box as a large shopping trolley. After all, the X-box is big and spacious for all your shopping needs to be stored nicely, whilst everybody else is stuck with old, rickety metal-wireframe trolleys!

Kitty-litter - Your cat is fed up of using the same old litter-tray day in day out? Why not replace it with an X-box! That way, you can watch your cat do you a favour by dumping it's load in your X-box. Meanwhile, your cat is happy it's got something new and stylish to ruin!

Picnic Basket - Line your X-box with tinfoil, put your sandwiches in it, and hey presto, instant coolbox/picnic basket! The advantage of this over traditional picnic baskets is that Yogi Bear wont go near the thing! Afterall he is smarter than the average bear!

Torture Chamber - Stuck in a war? Why not capture some enemy soldiers and stick them inside an X-box and wait for them to talk. If they agree to give you the secret plans, then you can let them out...but can anyone last til the end of their days in there? They'd be very brave!

Secret hideout - Done something you shouldn't have? Well you can use the X-box as a perfect hiding place! Even if someone's using it for it's proper means, there's still plenty of room for a family of 4 to hide in! You'll never get found out in there!

Bomb-Shelter - Ok, there's no need for one right now, but had the Nazis invaded now instead of in World War II, the X-box could have served as the perfect protection for you and your family. Thankfully, this isn't needed at the moment, but Microsoft have made the function available for the unpredictable future.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not calling the console 'crap' or anything because of it's size. But it is, only just, the largest console on the market, that can't be denied. So yes, I'm poking fun at it's size, but it's harmless humour, nothing more :) See, you really are getting value for money by buying an X-box!
Tue 23/07/02 at 12:18
Regular
"yamahapkowner.com"
hmmmmm this size thing is getting boring.
Wed 24/07/02 at 23:13
Regular
GlideM wrote:
> hmmmmm this size thing is getting boring.

So's the purple handbag thing! (not saying you're the one doing it, just stating a point)

Where's ya sense of humour, like?

Did ya leeve it at da grove?
Thu 25/07/02 at 00:17
Great uses mate Ahhhh a pram

Silents mind doth wonder :)
Mon 09/09/02 at 00:22
Regular
Smokey-boy as I've heard him be called, seems to like this kinda crap...
Mon 09/09/02 at 00:26
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Hmmmmmmmm, not a good move to write something like this when your supposed to be the sensible grown up one mate.
Mon 09/09/02 at 00:40
Regular
I did this a couple months ago - and as my latest reply said - it's crap.

As I have said many a time, I'm most likely to get an X-box sometime in the future anyway.
Mon 09/09/02 at 00:49
Regular
Wickid, ive got myself a little reputation.

I dont really like this sort of crap. I wasnt dissing the Gamecube, it was all in a joking manner, i also said feel welcome to add anything about the Gamecube, PS2 , Xbox or any other video game related hardware.

i never knew this post was here. I thought i had started a new thing. DAMN!

Good post anyway.

Lol, Smokey-boy
Mon 09/09/02 at 15:07
Regular
"RIP Resurrection"
the pram is good to carry your babyish consoles in like say a game cube huh.
Mon 14/10/02 at 06:23
Another use for your Xbox is to you can use in part-exchange for a PS2.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.