GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"why do we all like different games?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 03/09/06 at 21:21
Regular
For example.. for those that hated Ridge Racer 6.. what do you feel when playing it? why is it crap for you?

same goes with something like Toca Race Driver. (yes,another racing game) why do some of us like this but others don't?

tell us your most hated game(s) and why it feels like crap to you in particular.

For me, I hate the Metal Gear franchise, because whenever I play a Metal Gear title, I feel its not exciting enough. Too much stick and move.. stick and move. I just want to KILLLL stuff.
Sun 03/09/06 at 21:21
Regular
For example.. for those that hated Ridge Racer 6.. what do you feel when playing it? why is it crap for you?

same goes with something like Toca Race Driver. (yes,another racing game) why do some of us like this but others don't?

tell us your most hated game(s) and why it feels like crap to you in particular.

For me, I hate the Metal Gear franchise, because whenever I play a Metal Gear title, I feel its not exciting enough. Too much stick and move.. stick and move. I just want to KILLLL stuff.
Sun 03/09/06 at 21:28
Regular
"Mooching around"
Games that I've hated... I actually don't believe... Ah, Championship Manager (or any management games for that matter). I hate them with a passion. They bore me immeasurably, I just don't get a sense of fun playing a game where you simply press a single button, and then hearing all of my friends say "I'm Celtic, and I just signed Henry!"

These things just don't happen... Although, those West Ham signings...

Gah! Pure hatred for those games.

You got me all worked up now! :D
Sun 03/09/06 at 22:07
Regular
"Blood on my suit"
Well you see the thing you should do for metal gear olsid is have a bit of fun. Put the game on normal and massacare ever son of a (female dog) you come across, then move on. Torture does *astar*s as well. Very, very, satisfying.

Anyway, I don't like simulation games, sport games (Except the odd one) and I'm not to keen on driving games, except for burnout, I rock at that.
Sun 03/09/06 at 22:11
Regular
"Mooching around"
I liked the Burnout series, all except for the 4th "Revenge". Which appalled me.
Sun 03/09/06 at 22:15
Regular
"Blood on my suit"
I played a thing of that in a gamestop store, seemed pretty good to me.
Sun 03/09/06 at 22:24
Regular
"Mooching around"
Would make a good kids game. It's stupidly easy, what with the fact that you can smash through traffic with your very own F1 car. Said cars then ricochet off, and hit your opponents, and somehow they now have enough weight, to destroy them.
Sun 03/09/06 at 23:34
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Anyone who's a regular subscriber to Kawada's comments will know i absolutely loathe button smashing games. Stuff like Ninety Nine Nights, Dynasty Warriors etc. The type of game where you can obliterate huge armies with one person just by pressing the X button again and again and again etc. Absolutely hate them and shall never understand how anyone can like them, they just strike me as far too simplistic and boring.

The same goes for RPG's that adopt that live action battle system which unfortunately alot seem to be doing nowadays. At least with the games above you're only doing the same thing for about 10-15 hours, with an RPG you're doing it for 30-40 hours. How anyone has the patience for that i don't know.

Also those FPS games with random generating enemies until you move to a certain point to stop them. Conflict Desert Storm 2 was a culprit of this where enemies would just keep coming and coming until you moved up. I prefer to adopt a stealthy tactical approach so if i'm forced to just run and game that's instantly a negative for me
Sun 03/09/06 at 23:38
Regular
"The definitive tag"
One game that springs to mind is Driv3r. It took forever to come out and then when it finally did, it was sloppily made garbage.
Sun 03/09/06 at 23:47
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Driv3r is also one of the worse game names I've ever come across too.

It's the game equivalent of Gamezville. It's trying to be 'with it' but it really isn't.
Mon 04/09/06 at 02:11
Regular
"The definitive tag"
I wouldn't have minded it being rubbish, but the first two games (especially the first) were awesome. I struggle to believe they could actually make such a mess of a third.

They've made another since. I haven't bought it and I don't intend to.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.