GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GasMask unbanned?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 17/07/02 at 14:49
Regular
Well, his name on the Top Posters list isn't greyed out, and it has appeared back on the list after being removed.

I'm pretty sure he's now officially unbanned.

If he is, good on you SR.
Wed 17/07/02 at 15:23
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
Meh, a staff member wrote earlier that they had £450,000 hits last month, I don't thinkthey have that many members.
Obviously they wouldn't ban the lot of us I was just saying they could, they don't need to give reasons and they don't need you, I come here and I havn't bought nything from them in ages, Broadband is the key to laziness.
Although I know they give a good service, also!! if we were all banned I doubt they'd have any problem filling this place up again, they give 3 games away each day! what tool would pass that up?
Wed 17/07/02 at 15:19
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
Whether it is their site or not, ban the lot of us and they have lost a hell of a lot of customers who will be very annoyed with them. You forget they provide a service to us, but it is us (well, most of us who use this site anyhoo) who buy their products, are their members, and they use this site to advertise their products to us. 'They could ban the lot of us' yeah, they could, but they need us more than we need them... there are plenty of other sites where we could talk about games and plenty of other shops or websites where we could buy our games...

Anyway, GasMask was standing up for what he believed was right, the serial number was a joke, maybe it wasn't funny, but if SR banned people for making bad jokes... well. They should have banned him initially if they suspected it was a real number, but it was proved not to be, so they should have unbanned him. PS if you think he is whingey or whatever, then don't post in the threads about him! 'GasMask unbanned?' kind of gives away what this topic is about.
Wed 17/07/02 at 15:12
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
He wasn't wrongfully banned, anyway it's their website they could ban the lot of you if they wanted to, they don't have to do what you say, they provide a service you have to abide by their rules, anyway wether the serial number was real or not, if it was SR could have been sued over it, I'm pretty sure that's enough reason to ban someone.
Wed 17/07/02 at 15:08
"Darkness, always"
Sibs wrote:
> So what would you do if you were wrongfully banned then?

Create a new account. Get on with it.
Wed 17/07/02 at 15:06
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
Insane Bartender wrote:
> He's come across as an annoying little whinge bag.

So what would you do if you were wrongfully banned then?
Wed 17/07/02 at 14:58
"Darkness, always"
:/

I don't care.

To be honest, the first time I came across his name was after he got banned, and after all this hoohah, I'll be very sceptical of anything he posts for quite a while.

He's come across as an annoying little whinge bag.
Wed 17/07/02 at 14:55
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Goatboy wrote:
> Honestly, who cares?

---

Quite a few people will, as we've seen from the other GasMask threads.
Wed 17/07/02 at 14:52
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Honestly, who cares?

Sorry if that sounds harsh or cruel but I am, so that's how it comes out
Wed 17/07/02 at 14:52
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
I thinkthey just got bored of all the moaning.
Wed 17/07/02 at 14:49
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Well, his name on the Top Posters list isn't greyed out, and it has appeared back on the list after being removed.

I'm pretty sure he's now officially unbanned.

If he is, good on you SR.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.