GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Future of the Cube"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 15/07/02 at 19:33
Regular
Since the GameCube has entered the console market, it'd have to be said that there aren't THAT many good games out yet Ok, so there's probably about 10 worth having, and that's not bad considering the console has only been out 2 months. Yes, there's Luigi's Mansion and Pikmin, 2 of the Nintendo creations, but both are a bit short. There's Smash Bros: Melee, which is probably the best game out for the GC so far, but it can't do all the work for the Cube. There's ISS2, Super Monkey Ball, Star Wars: Rogue Leader, Burnout, and NBA Courtside 2002 but compared to the large selection of games Sony have out right now, this is not going to help Nintendo overpower Sony in the sales area. This is what leads me to talk about the future for the Cube...

The Cube has the most promising looking selection of games that'll be out in the near future that has probably ever been seen. By Christmas, there will be at least 150 games in the shops, but the main ones that stand out are Mario Sunshine, Metroid Prime, Turok Evolution, Starfox Adventures, Tony Hawk's 4, Super Monkey Ball 2 and possibly even Phantasy Star Online, and if this isn't as good a set of games that a console could produce in a period of 3 months (end of September to Xmas), then I don't know what is. Later on I'll explain what the Big N has in store for us in 2003 and beyond.

Mario Sunshine is now about 95% complete, and will be out in Japan at the end of this month, and then there will be a delay between Japan and us, but hardly a big delay. Only about 2 or 3 months, which isn't as bad as it all used to be (grimaces at old N64 delays) before the game reaches British shores. Nice.

Turok Evolution, despite going multi-format, should be a nice remeinder of the first Turok game on the N64, and a fair few Cube owners will indeed snap it up to get back to the old dinorsaur hunting! It's due out around the same time as Mario Sunshine, which unfortunetly for it, could affect it's sales.

Starfox Adventures will be the first game released that Rare have taken part in making for the GC. I know Starfox Adventures isn't a game made completely by Rare, but hopefully it'll still contain a touch of their magic. Due out around Christmas.

After jumping out of sight for a while, Metroid Prime is back, and Samus's adventure could hardly look better! The graphics have been given a nice boost, and Samus's first FPS looks to be a right cracker! Also set for a release date around Christmas.

Tony Hawk's 4 should be just as much of an update as TH3 was to TH2, but with Bob Burnquist back in the game, loads of new levels and nicer visuals than before, TH4 should be a lot better than it's proceeder.

We know what to expect of Super Monkey Ball 2. More monkey's in balls rolling around lots of levels (that should be bigger and better than before) in what'll be the biggest and hopefully best puzzle game for the GC yet! It'll make you go bananas! (Sorry. :D)

Now, what is the schedule looking like for the GameCube beyond Santa Claus's arrival? Well, next year, we'll see the Legend of Zelda, Mario Kart GC, 1080 Snowboarding 2, F-Zero GC, Resident Evil Zero, Kameo, Perfect Dark Zero and Mario Golf GC. Possibly even Donkey Kong Racing, although nothing has been seen of this for nearly a year. And even, though it's highly unlikely, a Final Fantasy game! Now is that a great line-up or what???

Not much can be said on any of those games yet though, as Mario Kart GC, F-Zero GC, Mario Golf and Kameo only exist through videos, and Perfect Dark Zero only consists of a few screenshots, but they are still all set to be ready by the end of 2003. Legend of Zelda, Resident Evil Zero and 1080 2 are expected to be out quite early in the year 2003, and certainly they'll do the Cube well! Especially Celda!

From what I've said, you can tell The Future's Bright - The Future's GameCube!

AJ.
Mon 15/07/02 at 19:33
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Since the GameCube has entered the console market, it'd have to be said that there aren't THAT many good games out yet Ok, so there's probably about 10 worth having, and that's not bad considering the console has only been out 2 months. Yes, there's Luigi's Mansion and Pikmin, 2 of the Nintendo creations, but both are a bit short. There's Smash Bros: Melee, which is probably the best game out for the GC so far, but it can't do all the work for the Cube. There's ISS2, Super Monkey Ball, Star Wars: Rogue Leader, Burnout, and NBA Courtside 2002 but compared to the large selection of games Sony have out right now, this is not going to help Nintendo overpower Sony in the sales area. This is what leads me to talk about the future for the Cube...

The Cube has the most promising looking selection of games that'll be out in the near future that has probably ever been seen. By Christmas, there will be at least 150 games in the shops, but the main ones that stand out are Mario Sunshine, Metroid Prime, Turok Evolution, Starfox Adventures, Tony Hawk's 4, Super Monkey Ball 2 and possibly even Phantasy Star Online, and if this isn't as good a set of games that a console could produce in a period of 3 months (end of September to Xmas), then I don't know what is. Later on I'll explain what the Big N has in store for us in 2003 and beyond.

Mario Sunshine is now about 95% complete, and will be out in Japan at the end of this month, and then there will be a delay between Japan and us, but hardly a big delay. Only about 2 or 3 months, which isn't as bad as it all used to be (grimaces at old N64 delays) before the game reaches British shores. Nice.

Turok Evolution, despite going multi-format, should be a nice remeinder of the first Turok game on the N64, and a fair few Cube owners will indeed snap it up to get back to the old dinorsaur hunting! It's due out around the same time as Mario Sunshine, which unfortunetly for it, could affect it's sales.

Starfox Adventures will be the first game released that Rare have taken part in making for the GC. I know Starfox Adventures isn't a game made completely by Rare, but hopefully it'll still contain a touch of their magic. Due out around Christmas.

After jumping out of sight for a while, Metroid Prime is back, and Samus's adventure could hardly look better! The graphics have been given a nice boost, and Samus's first FPS looks to be a right cracker! Also set for a release date around Christmas.

Tony Hawk's 4 should be just as much of an update as TH3 was to TH2, but with Bob Burnquist back in the game, loads of new levels and nicer visuals than before, TH4 should be a lot better than it's proceeder.

We know what to expect of Super Monkey Ball 2. More monkey's in balls rolling around lots of levels (that should be bigger and better than before) in what'll be the biggest and hopefully best puzzle game for the GC yet! It'll make you go bananas! (Sorry. :D)

Now, what is the schedule looking like for the GameCube beyond Santa Claus's arrival? Well, next year, we'll see the Legend of Zelda, Mario Kart GC, 1080 Snowboarding 2, F-Zero GC, Resident Evil Zero, Kameo, Perfect Dark Zero and Mario Golf GC. Possibly even Donkey Kong Racing, although nothing has been seen of this for nearly a year. And even, though it's highly unlikely, a Final Fantasy game! Now is that a great line-up or what???

Not much can be said on any of those games yet though, as Mario Kart GC, F-Zero GC, Mario Golf and Kameo only exist through videos, and Perfect Dark Zero only consists of a few screenshots, but they are still all set to be ready by the end of 2003. Legend of Zelda, Resident Evil Zero and 1080 2 are expected to be out quite early in the year 2003, and certainly they'll do the Cube well! Especially Celda!

From what I've said, you can tell The Future's Bright - The Future's GameCube!

AJ.
Mon 15/07/02 at 19:45
nice post AJ the point is you made yourself the Cube is really to new to be starting to eat into sonys sales, also the point is that a lot of people i know have bought the Cube as a second games consoleas it is so cheap. I think it will score when the PS2 games dry up and the Cubes big guns start to come out. I think in a years time we will be looking at a different picture.
Also games makers will have faith in the cube because as already been well broadcasted its expected to last around seven years, and as games seem to have come at an impass the specs wont matter so much, ie games wont need much more power then they do now.
Mon 15/07/02 at 19:48
Regular
"Unretired"
Yep, at the moment all XboxPS2 gamers are ranting on at the "crap"
(I think the launch lineup was pretty good, well its kept me entertained) GC lineup, just they wait.

And turok going all multi-platform its a bit disapointing, but its still gonna be one kick a** game.

And then, the sequels. The futures gonna be awesome. I think Xmas is going to be the time when we will the the Gamecubes full power and potential, and autumn will bring us some fine games too.
Mon 15/07/02 at 20:00
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Out of those games, the one I'd have to say I'm looking forward to most is probably Mario Kart or Perfect Dark Zero.

F-Zero GC too may be quite good.

I will be getting Mario Sunshine, but I can't help thinking that Mario Kart is going to be a whole lot better. I was always a big fan of Mario Kart on the N64!
Mon 15/07/02 at 20:03
It is a big hit on the GBA and i dont doubt it will be even better on the Cube another im looking forward to is Golden Sun Its an ace RPG. Though neverwinter nights is ganna be a must buy for me on my pc.
Mon 15/07/02 at 20:14
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
I'm waiting to see more on Kameo.

Knowing it's Rare, it could possibly be a brilliant game!
Mon 15/07/02 at 20:18
Certainly is a great line up. I need a job to get all of these, and fast! (:)
Mon 15/07/02 at 20:19
Time_Warp wrote:
> Certainly is a great line up. I need a job to get all of these, and
> fast! (:)

Laughs!! come to Essex theres plenty of jobs here
Mon 15/07/02 at 20:23
Regular
Here's a thought, maybe the reason everything's gone quiet on the Rare front other than Starfox Adventures is because they are taking their games online, think about it Donkey Kong racing would work online, Kameo would definetly work online and as for Perfect Dark Zero that's one big hell yeah. Nintendo seem to be very quiet about the games that may be going online, there's rumours circulating that Mario Kart may go online and we havent really heard anything about that.

Oh Mr Nintendo holding back all your information is really annoying us.

*Please note most the views above I actually nicked from some dude on Cybe-Europe so don't go saying "I read that on another site you filthy swine" or something along those lines.
Mon 15/07/02 at 20:25
Regular
AfroJoe wrote:
> I'm waiting to see more on Kameo.
>
> Knowing it's Rare, it could possibly be a brilliant game!

Possibly? it WILL be a great game. Just looking at the video from E3 a year ago show that it's gonna be great.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.