GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Do you want the shenmue series to appear on the cube??"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 15/07/02 at 18:26
Regular
I need everyone's help, Sega are releasing the series on the Xbox but not the Gamecube!!! I have just brought a preowned dreamcast just to play the 2nd game as the first one changed my life {o.k a little o.t.t} but it was just brilliant!!! Any ideas on a campaign to get it on the Gamecube, i thought we all should email sega and keep annoying them!!! :) feedback please.
Tue 16/07/02 at 19:00
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
Shenmue was brilliant. Shenmue 2 wasn't as good but still brilliant. I'd love them to continue on the GC.

And I guess it might have been the story that made me like it so much. Films are much better than games. I can't really be bothered with most racing games, fighting games and other games that have nothing in the way of a story. I'm certainly not as into games as I used to be and that's probably why I thought Shenmue was so good. Maybe, I dunno. I'm rambling. It was excellent anyway.
Tue 16/07/02 at 16:35
Regular
Yep, Shenmue is both boring and tedious. I played Gauntlet Legends more than I played Shenmue for heavens sake...

And when you get a job at the docks....AARRRRGGGGHHHHHH, its the worst things in gaming history (possibly), and that stupid race you have to do every morning, and then spend two hours of real life time moving boxes around. It was CRAP!
Tue 16/07/02 at 08:40
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
What did you guys like about shenmue so much? All you do is run around finding the next person to talk to in one big prescripted list of events. You HAVE to speak to each person in exacatly the right order- it is 100% linear.

The whole point of the game was to have an RPG based on Virtua Fighter style fighting... all that's happened is that we have a massive linear adventure. You can only get info from some people after speaking to others, and some people only 'remember' things after you've spoken to more people on the way.

If this game weren't so graphically brilliant, it would be heckled. Like I've said, I've made text adventures with more paths through them!

Sonic
Mon 15/07/02 at 22:23
Regular
"Nasty Fat Hobbit!"
I didn't find it boring, I think Shenmue 1 +2 where superb.
Having a release on Cube, worldwide would have a better audience than X-Box.
Although, I wouldn't mind seeing it on PS2 as well!
Mon 15/07/02 at 21:31
Regular
I thought Shenmue was superb, never did play the sequel, I guess I just like boring games.
Mon 15/07/02 at 21:30
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
lol- the game really is so poor after you past the graphics and hours in the arcade;)
Mon 15/07/02 at 21:29
Regular
"Remember me?"
Edgy wrote:
> Dark Mark wrote:
> Better idea. Let's campaign NOT to have to Shenmue series on
> Gamecube,
> because Shenmue II really is the most boring game I've ever had the
> misfortune to own.
>
> I know this is totally my own fault for believing in hype (I've learnt
> my lesson now mind) but why, in the name of sanity, did I choose that
> game as a Gameaday prize all those months ago?

I also have asked myself that.
Mon 15/07/02 at 21:27
Regular
Dark Mark wrote:
> Better idea. Let's campaign NOT to have to Shenmue series on Gamecube,
> because Shenmue II really is the most boring game I've ever had the
> misfortune to own.

I know this is totally my own fault for believing in hype (I've learnt my lesson now mind) but why, in the name of sanity, did I choose that game as a Gameaday prize all those months ago?
Mon 15/07/02 at 21:24
Regular
"Remember me?"
Better idea. Let's campaign NOT to have to Shenmue series on Gamecube, because Shenmue II really is the most boring game I've ever had the misfortune to own.
Mon 15/07/02 at 21:22
Regular
I really, really, really, really, REALLY, want the Shenmue series to be released on the GameCube. I hate the game, but think what it could do for GameCube sales!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.