GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PRISONER OF WAR SCRAPPED!!!!!!!"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 15/07/02 at 14:34
Regular
Sorry for the scary headline people but check this out:

http://ps2.ign.com/articles/364/364644p1.html

Hope it's not true
Mon 15/07/02 at 14:34
Regular
"as tha nowt moist?"
Sorry for the scary headline people but check this out:

http://ps2.ign.com/articles/364/364644p1.html

Hope it's not true
Mon 15/07/02 at 14:50
"High polygon count"
Have to say I'm not overly fussed.

I was really looking forward to it, but after seeing it running on recent PS2 mag coverdiscs, and reading the previews/reviews, I don't think it would have been that entertaining.

It sounds like a modern Dragon's Lair, with you needing to perform the right actions at the right times, or failing and starting again.

As for the reasoning... sounds like MS have stepped in with the cash again. Still, if they want exclusive rights to the 'average' games, that's up to them.
Mon 15/07/02 at 14:52
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
Don't forget that you are looking at an American site with American news. It's still due out Friday over here..
Mon 15/07/02 at 14:56
"High polygon count"
Indeed.

Check out:

http://www.codemasters.com/games/displaygames.php ?status1=&format=PS2&name=Prisoner+of+War&genre=1

(Remove space)
Mon 15/07/02 at 15:00
"High polygon count"
Okay, well that link doesn't work properly for some reason!

But go to http://www.codemasters.co.uk and use the menus to search for it... it's still there, and still due 19th July (this Friday).
Mon 15/07/02 at 15:04
Regular
"  "
I'm really pi55ed off now. Not only was it delayed away from my birthday (Jul 1st) but now I here this. It's got to be an april fools. They wouldn't just scrap it. Unless they have had a fall out with Sony which means no Colin McRae and no TOCA aswell. Nonces.
Mon 15/07/02 at 15:09
Regular
"as tha nowt moist?"
After abit more research:

It's dissapered off the U.S. codemasters website, completly, but is still on the U.K. codemasters website, and still says a 19th July release date. (this friday)

Asked in town (sheffield) this dinner, and they say this friday.

Hopefully it's the us version that's been scrapped, but why???

It sounds strange to scrap a game afew days before release.
Mon 15/07/02 at 15:10
Regular
"as tha nowt moist?"
>
> Hopefully it's the us version that's been scrapped, but why???
>

Soz i didn't mean to say that i hope the americans don't get to play it, but you know what i mean ;)
Mon 15/07/02 at 15:12
"High polygon count"
It will be interesting to see what comes of this.

At first I thought maybe they didn't think it would sell well in the US; but then if that's the case, why keep the Xbox version?

Hopefully some kind of official statement will be forthcoming.
Mon 15/07/02 at 15:25
Regular
"Fangxforthemammarie"
Do any of you guys out there work for SR or know someone who does?

If so have SR got copies in yet or are they still waiting for delivery

Seems a bit weird although it was getting hyped up big style then the magazines have started to slate it. It seems like any game that gets hyped at all gets crucified by the mags. I wonder if they are trying to show how impartial they are and the old "dont blame me its rubbish you should have listened to us!" after all the rubbish in the early days

HOWEVER I still remember a few mags saying GTA3 was fundamentally flawed and slagged it off big time. I suppose GTA3 was a bit of a letdown *Tongue so firmly in cheek it hurts*

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.