GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PRISONER OF WAR SCRAPPED!!!!!!!"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 15/07/02 at 14:34
Regular
Sorry for the scary headline people but check this out:

http://ps2.ign.com/articles/364/364644p1.html

Hope it's not true
Fri 19/07/02 at 12:18
Regular
"  "
Well it just seemed to be a problem with the database and it's in stock now but no confirmation it's been sent yet.
Fri 19/07/02 at 11:16
Regular
"Fangxforthemammarie"
Na†ßu© wrote:
> Oh no. My order didn't come, so I checked the stock and I got this
> message.
>
> "It is likely that this product is no longer available and you
> have clicked on a link which should have been removed. An automated
> message has been sent to our site administrator advising them of this
> out of date link. We apologise for any inconvenience."
>
> Oh balls.

Strange, it is showing as being in stock when you go into the buy the game page

Let us know what happens mate

I just got a nice suprise when I just found out that I have one my first GAD. I must admit I am well chuffed and would like to thank my family, manager, dog, agent .............

Back to the present. If you do get it and think it is OK I may just get this for my GAD

On a side note I got the GAD for a review of Fireblade. I thought this looked a bit pants when I saw it advertised but if you liked Desert strike or any of the other strike games then give it a go. I was looking for a copy of one of the strike games on ps1 but couldnt get any
Fri 19/07/02 at 10:22
Regular
"  "
Oh no. My order didn't come, so I checked the stock and I got this message.

"It is likely that this product is no longer available and you have clicked on a link which should have been removed. An automated message has been sent to our site administrator advising them of this out of date link. We apologise for any inconvenience."

Oh balls.
Thu 18/07/02 at 09:17
Regular
"as tha nowt moist?"
Fangface wrote:
> Hmmmmm, I wonder why Sony America want changes to what everyone else
> is getting. Maybe they want it to seem like no one except America and
> Germany were in WWII like in most of their films.
>
> Or maybe it could be that the game portrays Americans as egotistical,
> shallow, brash and arrogant. Hey I didn't realise the game was going
> to be this realistic!

They did say that the AI in this game was the most realistic yet ;D

They probably want sly stallone to play the hero, and take on the germans on his own, by finding a secret hidden room that has guns and rocket launches in it.
Thu 18/07/02 at 08:42
Regular
"Fangxforthemammarie"
Hmmmmm, I wonder why Sony America want changes to what everyone else is getting. Maybe they want it to seem like no one except America and Germany were in WWII like in most of their films.

Or maybe it could be that the game portrays Americans as egotistical, shallow, brash and arrogant. Hey I didn't realise the game was going to be this realistic!
Wed 17/07/02 at 19:32
Regular
"  "
Straight from Codies mouth...

"The release of the PS2 version in the US is on hold, whilst we try and reach agreement with Sony in the US, over some game features.
We face no such issues with Microsoft, so this does not affect the X-box release date (nor the PS2 game in the rest of the world)."

So there we have it. Not scrapped, just delayed until agreements. Obviously Codies aren't aloud to put it on their US site aswell. :D
Tue 16/07/02 at 18:07
"High polygon count"
Well, it's official!

I just had an e-mail from Codemasters, stating that "Codemasters' Prisoner of War launches this Friday" for PS2 and Xbox.

So I don't know what the US situation is, and I don't really care!

That said, I don't think I'll be getting it after having read the reviews.
Tue 16/07/02 at 17:58
I'm not too bothered - after reading loads of reviews on it, it doesan't sound as good as it promised to be.
Tue 16/07/02 at 14:46
"High polygon count"
Well, it seems to be true for the US.
Tue 16/07/02 at 12:58
Regular
"  "
I got an email from codies today advertising the game. It said coming Fri 19th July on PS2 and XBox. Rumours my son, rumours.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.