GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Family Crests"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 14/07/02 at 21:58
Regular
My family name is one of the few families that has a royal family crest which our family can wear with pride. Ours is interesting cause it is three birds top, left and right between 5 stripes criss crossed and three stars. Tha symbolises our family's links with America in some way. I just wondered if any one else here as shield crest with a family name too.
Sat 03/08/02 at 13:29
American is basicly lazy english they simply spelt the words the way they sounded like color instead of colour.
Sat 03/08/02 at 13:22
Take a look at the english language its made from latin(roman), french(france), German(germany), and Spice girls(Oh Well) and old english where A and Ns were mixed around, a adder snake was pronounce Nadder in ole english.
Wed 31/07/02 at 21:13
Regular
"bit of a brain"
America DOES have stupid spellings.
Did you know that they spell the word "grey", "gray". How stupid is that? What's the point.

You know that "l'academie francaise" is a french institution which makes up new French words for new products. They wanted everyone in france to say "le fini de la semaine", rather than "weekend", but they failed.

There is also a law in France which disalows the use of English words in advertising, although ti is being abolished.
Wed 31/07/02 at 21:10
Regular
"That's right!"
That's a good thing (yeah, to heck with culture) except if OUR lanugage goes (which it probably will, thanks to America and their stupid spellings)
Wed 31/07/02 at 21:06
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Well, you know that 50 languages die every single year... and it'll continue until only 50 languages remain.

Good thing or bad?
Wed 31/07/02 at 09:03
Regular
"Acid Casual"
davyboy wrote:
> Acording to the Cornish Corwall is not a county but a country all on
> its own. Cornish is a strange mix but there is galic there. Its like
> Welsh thats a strange mix to with celt and whatever thrown in.

Its similar to Breton too - Cornwalls closest Foreign neighbours. People from Brittany widely regard themselves as separate from the rest of France and they also have their own dialect which is very similar to Welsh. In fact many houses there are called 'Ty' (the Welsh for house) and the water there is called 'Dwr' (also Welsh for water). I think if you looked up Cornish they would be very similar too.

Also - Brittany - look at the word... derivitive for Britain which goes back to what we've been saying about the ancient Welsh, Scottish and Cornish being the true brits.
Tue 30/07/02 at 17:57
Acording to the Cornish Corwall is not a county but a country all on its own. Cornish is a strange mix but there is galic there. Its like Welsh thats a strange mix to with celt and whatever thrown in. With so many wars ect languages got rather mixed and likeyu said Is and Englishman a true Englishman is a Scotsman a true celt is Britney Spears the real Britney Spears (ops got carried away there). Infact there were true nobleman when the Romans invaded its just that they took the Romans way of life. Angles and the Saxons invaded there after hence AngloSaxon. Before then the language was Latin. Which is one reason why many family mottos are or were Latin.
Sat 27/07/02 at 22:59
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
davyboy wrote:
> Its derived From Devon and Cornwall and remember the cornish have
> there own language too :0)

Indeed they do... I'm not sure how polluted it's become over the ages though- not a language I've looked into.
Fri 26/07/02 at 18:59
Its derived From Devon and Cornwall and remember the cornish have there own language too :0)
Fri 26/07/02 at 18:55
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Craw is 100% correct. To prove the point...

Can anyone here name ONE historic events to take place in britain before the Saxons arrived? Can you name Any historical events to take place in britain before the normans arrived (excluding saxon domination?). The fact is that it is taught to us that Britain only existed when the norman landed. Not so- the true people of britain are those who speak the native welsh and scots languages!

Oh, and davey, when you say that your name is english, what do you mean by that? Is it ACTUALLY derived from a british language (like Welsh or Scotish), or, more likely, is it derrived from Normanesque languages? It is very, very rare (if indeed any such occurances have happened) for a decendent of the true british people to actually get knighted, seeing as they were all driven to the mountains of wales and scotland (see previous post by me).

Sonic

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.