GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"That new "contraversial" George Michael song"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 14/07/02 at 16:03
Regular
Apart from it being crap, Am i the only one who things its not a very contraversial song, due to only 3 or 4 words in the whole ong. Its a lame attempt to keep sales high.
Sun 14/07/02 at 16:03
Regular
Apart from it being crap, Am i the only one who things its not a very contraversial song, due to only 3 or 4 words in the whole ong. Its a lame attempt to keep sales high.
Sun 14/07/02 at 16:45
Regular
The song is crap but the video is funny, only because it's made by the 2DTV people though.
Sun 14/07/02 at 20:23
Regular
"Far Beyond Metal"
yeah, i agree, the song is crap but the video is well good. I like the Simpsons bit!
Sun 14/07/02 at 20:25
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
I havent seen it, but my brother told me about the video, sounds quite funny.
Sun 14/07/02 at 20:33
Regular
"Far Beyond Metal"
you've really gotta see the video...

...its ssoooo funny!!!
Sun 14/07/02 at 22:06
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
It is;

1) Rubbish
2) Shameless cash in on 9/11 by tuning into anti American feeling in Europe
3) the worst video seen yet so far this year
4) Pointless and not controversial really. George is anti American/English and whilst he is entitled to his views, is clearly a thoughtless idiot by attempting to use this subject to prop up a bad song and a failing career. If he hates America and Britain then I suggest the song's minimal proceeds be used to fly him to the Afghanistan/India border where he will find many many people who will willingly listen to him.......thankfully this wil probably mean no one will hear from such an embarassement again.

~~Belldandy~~
Mon 15/07/02 at 11:10
Regular
"Amphib-ophile"
Belldandy wrote:
> It is;
>
> 1) Rubbish

True.

> 2) Shameless cash in on 9/11 by tuning into anti American feeling in
> Europe

Yeah, but he isn't the only one. Maybe not all the people in Europe like America and the way they think they rule the world? I know I don't appreciate that.

> 3) the worst video seen yet so far this year

Also true.
> 4) Pointless and not controversial really.

I can't think of any song that actually *is* controversial. I mean, 'God save the Queen' wasn't particularly controversial - it was just advertised as such. Maybe George doesn't like America. Neither do lots of people. It doesn't mean we want to go to the Middle East and get shot. I dislike America without having to go out blowing things up. I know we don't see eye to eye on this but that last point was kinda irrelevant.

~~Small Frog~~
Mon 15/07/02 at 13:15
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Its not a contreversial song...
Its not even an Anti-American song...
Its just crap.
I think your all just getting caught up in the hype
Mon 15/07/02 at 17:59
Regular
"Stay Frosty"
I think it is a crappy video. Sure it's funny, and not so young Mr. Michael is free to say what he wants, but it isn't right. Just because El Presidenta Bust and Heir Blair get on, doesn't mean he can take a pop at them. Especially as they only get on due to 9/11. Shame on him is all i can say. Remember we lost people that day to. At least now he fears going over to the US, now at least their public loo's will be a safer place.
Mon 15/07/02 at 21:40
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
Small Frog wrote:
>Maybe George doesn't like America. Neither do lots
> of people. It doesn't mean we want to go to the Middle East and get
> shot. I dislike America without having to go out blowing things up. I
> know we don't see eye to eye on this but that last point was kinda
> irrelevant.

Thats the point though isn't it, loads of people hate America for no real - exist on paper actual fact - reasons. Without America wave goodbye to the UN, heck wave goodbye to about 1/3 of the globe. People hate America, but they don't want to do the jobs America does either...you can't have both. There are Americans in the Middle East, the Balkans, Afghanistan, Africa, Asia..everywhere, and I'm proud to say that UK forces are backing them up in many of those places too - about flipping time we got on board with them. America commits to dangerous situations...sure it takes fire, and it fires back...because it's in the line of fire whilst everyone else sits on their collective behind and criticises.

This century is already seeing warfare change. Conflicts over land and traditional engagements are a thing of the past....we're going to see increasingly small scale low intensity wars being fought, the only way to preserve standards of living and what the Western societies enjoy will be by military force. The biggest force in the West is America, and that's why they should be out new best friends.....

BTW Nice to see you're still here Small Frog :)

~~Belldandy~~

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.