GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Spiderman the movie or Medal of Honour?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 12/07/02 at 22:43
Regular
Spiderman the movie or Medal of Honour?

Which should I choose?

I am talking about the PS2 versions by the way
Mon 15/07/02 at 13:44
"Darkness, always"
CDouch wrote:
> I have claimed......
>
> Spiderman

...unlucky...
Mon 15/07/02 at 13:42
"Darkness, always"
CDouch wrote:
> Spiderman the movie or Medal of Honour?

If the game is anything like the film, Spiderman would put me to sleep (Spiderman is the only film I have fallen asleep watching without having either consumed massive amounts of alcohol or been awake for in excess of 48 hours).

Go for Medal of Honour.
Mon 15/07/02 at 11:28
Regular
I must admit the game can't be as bad as the film, don't get me wrong it was watchable and there were two good points inparticular as most blokes in this forum would agree, a clue (wet top).

I just felt a bit let down after all the hype I expected a lot more action and bad guys.
Mon 15/07/02 at 10:36
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
I have claimed......

Spiderman
Sun 14/07/02 at 12:01
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
**Kerrang!** wrote:
> The novelty of web swinging wears off very quickly!

two games in, and its still fantastic fun!
Sat 13/07/02 at 21:22
Regular
"**I'm Disposable**"
The novelty of web swinging wears off very quickly! Anyway spiderman bowling is pritty cool :)
Sat 13/07/02 at 21:11
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
Belldandy wrote:

Spiderman, the lack of variety in movescan make it tedious so this
> game depends on how big a fan you are really...if you liked the movie
> (as in you'd watch it again) then go for it, if not then avoid !

I loved the movie, have watched it like three times so far (DVD, I'm not paying a cinema more than once for a movie). I also used to and still kind of do like the animated series (even thinking of buying DVD). Never read the comics, but I am not really in to comic books. So yeah I would think of myself as a fan, not a massssive fan but still a fan.

So I think Spiderman is the choice for me...
Sat 13/07/02 at 21:03
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
I've played them both on the PC (so It probably not going to be too much help on the PS2 versions of the game) ... completed Medal of Honour, currently half way through Spidey...

Spidey does play pretty much an updated version of the PS1 titles (though, since I enjoyed them on the PC, for me thats no bad thing)...

Though the camera angles are terrible, and the game is remarkably hard the graphics are fantastic, theres lots of hidden extras, and there no doubt that swinging through New York as Spidey is top stuff...

Medal of Honour is a top FPS, Ive not played the multiplayer (curse of the narrowband connection), however the single player missions are enourmously varied and emmensley absorbing...

It is a short game, and can from time to time get a little monotonous, but overall its hugely enjoyable while it lasts... I did make the mistake of starting this straight after completing another FPS, so got stuck with having a little too much of a good thing???
Sat 13/07/02 at 20:21
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
Medal Of Honour is great BUT over way too fast. I consider myself rather bad at FPS games but managedto complete Medal Of Honour in a week just by playing it for a bit every night. Sure, while it lasts it's a great game, but only a few levels are interesting enough to replay once completed.

Spiderman, the lack of variety in movescan make it tedious so this game depends on how big a fan you are really...if you liked the movie (as in you'd watch it again) then go for it, if not then avoid !

If it has to be out of these two then go for Medal Of Hoonur, but it might be an idea to have a look at some of the new releases coming later this year - if GAD lets you claim them that is.

~~Belldandy~~
Sat 13/07/02 at 20:15
Regular
Get Spider-Man
Why?
You get to *BE* Spider-Man!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.