GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Final Fantasy Remakes"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 12/07/02 at 21:52
Regular
Do you rememeber when square said they was going to remake ff7, ff8, and ff9, well the rumors have been brewing up again that they might just remake them on ps2 (or maybe on the other consoles??), i can't wait to see the imroved graphics on these game, like r.e improved, so will ff.

I am especially looking forwards to seeing a remake of ff8, it was such a good game and the ending was undeniably perfect, unlike ff9 which was so boringly easy and although the ending was good, it just really didn't hit the spot.

Don't get me wrong, i'm sure ff7 with better graphics, would be the best of the series, a truely unique game that one.

What do you think, could a revival of ff, with new graphics do these games justice, or will square just never get around to it, with being too busy with ffxi and so on?

What do you want from square in the future? I preferbably would love if they kept up the good work with the graphics and storyline, but most importantly, make sure they finish of a game properly, polish it.

A few suggestions are:

1: Summons, Aeons or GFS should have more than one overdrives.
2: All characters should have plenty of different weapons and armour to play with, that don't look the same as in some did in ffx.
3: Keep the tradition of having plenty of different overdrives!

more suggestions would be gratefully received here, who knows special reserve might even pass on the details to square and they might just use it hey give it a try.

Thankyou all Final Fantasy Lovers, and keep on working hard on ffx ya?
Fri 19/07/02 at 22:33
Thats a good suggestion FantasyMeister. I think it would be interesting if they did revamp ff7, you certainly had some great ideas!
Its a shame ff8 didn't have many 'side' games.
0h well at least there is blitzball on ffx, but its just too easy, i can score within only 3 passes against most teams, best score was 6 - 0 to me of course against the kilika beasts, i got sick of scoring, so i gave up...
I heard ffxi was a flop in japan, because of the 'online' play, not enough people are using itm and apparently has cost square more than i cost to produce the game in the first place. I hope this will not effect future releases, im sure something like this won't kill squaresoft, i hope...
Mon 15/07/02 at 18:06
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
I'd be a little troubled by an FFVII 'remake' for the PS2 because essentially FFVII had all the good things in it that made it so great in the first place. The graphics were 'cute', everything just went together to make the whole thing one of the best of the series. The best improvement I could think of is shortening the GF summons.

From a business point of view it may be good for Square to totally redo FFVII; new engine, new graphics, new sounds when coding it for the later console, perhaps even adding voice casting, but then there'd probably be uproar if the voices didn't fit the characters in the way FF fans expected them to.

The other business idea would be to release it on ALL next gen consoles at once, because it would double or triple sales. Most people who owned the original would probably buy it again, and the hype would allow the remake to sell itself on the NGC and XBox without too much trouble.

Then there's Aeris, do you think they'd let her live on in the remake or keep that part in? Would they add stunts to the snowboarding section? Would they change the Mog game in the arcade for a new one? Would they revamp the beat 'em up in the arcade to a better one? Would they change the puzzles (like when you have to get 3 items by crawling along airducts in the Shinra Building?). Would Biggs and Wedge still get killed off on the supporting pylon? Would the marching section with the soldiers be tweaked to give a 'Bemani Dance Beat' feel? Would they extend the section with Cloud on the motorbike with a samurai sword into something a little longer with maybe extra tracks? Would the battle system be upgraded? Would we have a sphere grid? Would they add more subquests?

There's lots to think about when remaking a classic game, so would they stick to the original or totally revamp it? I'd hope for a total revamp having already played the original.
Mon 15/07/02 at 00:13
Regular
"WWJD"
I think that a remake would be brilliant all the new graphics and they could put in other little extras it would be great
Sun 14/07/02 at 23:44
Regular
"You Bum!!"
Do you actually think many people who owned original games would go and buy the PS2 versions. I certainly wouldnt. If they released them at a cut-down price then there would be a point in it, but since we all know this is as likely to happen as Sheffield Wednensday winning a cup, I personally dont see much point. Why pay £40 for a PS2 enhanced game when you can get the same game (where graphics were superb anyway) for half of that
Sun 14/07/02 at 20:42
"period drama"
I'd rather they remaked the classics pre-XII into full 3D games. Then a lot more, albeit shallow, people would play them and discover how good the original story lines were.
Sun 14/07/02 at 20:38
Rinoa Heartilly wrote:
> Ok, thanx triple H for that input, is anyone else going to join in or
> has this forum died the day it was born?
> I really thought i had wrote a good forum for once...
> Like all my recent forums, sadly it has flopped....
> Mope, i need someone to cheer me up now.

The XBOX STINKS! got a lot of replies. This one is decent. The XBOX STINKS? Umph, not really, every has got their own tastes of consoles, like me..... I own the XBox, PS1 and 2, but I haven't got the Gamecube.
Sun 14/07/02 at 20:34
Rinoa, where did you here this from? Squaresoft? Gamespot? Whatever it is, its sounds convinsing that Square would make the games on the PS2, even though I've got them for the PS1 already.

Sqaure is busy on FFXI and hope to finish quickly. Even though, I hoped Square would make FFI to FFVI 3D, also because of that, FFI, II and III would be on the PS1 for here (I hope).
Sat 13/07/02 at 23:36
Regular
"Steve-O RuleZ"
I'm with Pro Evo on this one, I think sprucing up 7 and 8 would be a great idea! Because when I get a Final Fantasy I usually always play it all the way through, find all the hidden bosses and get all the great hidden weapons and then I never play it again!!!!

So the idea I a graphically improved version would push me to give them a visit again!! Maybe even putting 7 and 8 on the same disc would be great!!!

But saying all that I did recently get FF6 which was FF3 on the SNES, which I hadn't played in years and it really brought back some great memories!!!

FF3 on the SNES rocked!!!!!
Sat 13/07/02 at 23:32
Regular
"360: swfcman"
I would want it to come out on PS2 also...but thats because i cant afford to have another console next to the PS2 right now. :D
Sat 13/07/02 at 23:30
Pro Evo wrote:
> To be honest, i would love to see FF7, 8 and 9 in a new 3D glory, i
> think it would make them so much better. I think everyone would agree
> that FF10 has been the one game (for me anyway) that has had the best
> atmosphere out of them all, and i think thats because of the stunning
> graphics and the new voices of the characters that helps to bring that
> through.
>
> If these olds game were to have this put into them then im sure the
> games would be all the better for it. I would pay for them again
> anyway.

thanx pro evo.

3D Glory on PS2 , not Xbox or GC would be preferred to me.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.