GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Final Fantasy Remakes"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 12/07/02 at 21:52
Regular
Do you rememeber when square said they was going to remake ff7, ff8, and ff9, well the rumors have been brewing up again that they might just remake them on ps2 (or maybe on the other consoles??), i can't wait to see the imroved graphics on these game, like r.e improved, so will ff.

I am especially looking forwards to seeing a remake of ff8, it was such a good game and the ending was undeniably perfect, unlike ff9 which was so boringly easy and although the ending was good, it just really didn't hit the spot.

Don't get me wrong, i'm sure ff7 with better graphics, would be the best of the series, a truely unique game that one.

What do you think, could a revival of ff, with new graphics do these games justice, or will square just never get around to it, with being too busy with ffxi and so on?

What do you want from square in the future? I preferbably would love if they kept up the good work with the graphics and storyline, but most importantly, make sure they finish of a game properly, polish it.

A few suggestions are:

1: Summons, Aeons or GFS should have more than one overdrives.
2: All characters should have plenty of different weapons and armour to play with, that don't look the same as in some did in ffx.
3: Keep the tradition of having plenty of different overdrives!

more suggestions would be gratefully received here, who knows special reserve might even pass on the details to square and they might just use it hey give it a try.

Thankyou all Final Fantasy Lovers, and keep on working hard on ffx ya?
Fri 12/07/02 at 21:52
Do you rememeber when square said they was going to remake ff7, ff8, and ff9, well the rumors have been brewing up again that they might just remake them on ps2 (or maybe on the other consoles??), i can't wait to see the imroved graphics on these game, like r.e improved, so will ff.

I am especially looking forwards to seeing a remake of ff8, it was such a good game and the ending was undeniably perfect, unlike ff9 which was so boringly easy and although the ending was good, it just really didn't hit the spot.

Don't get me wrong, i'm sure ff7 with better graphics, would be the best of the series, a truely unique game that one.

What do you think, could a revival of ff, with new graphics do these games justice, or will square just never get around to it, with being too busy with ffxi and so on?

What do you want from square in the future? I preferbably would love if they kept up the good work with the graphics and storyline, but most importantly, make sure they finish of a game properly, polish it.

A few suggestions are:

1: Summons, Aeons or GFS should have more than one overdrives.
2: All characters should have plenty of different weapons and armour to play with, that don't look the same as in some did in ffx.
3: Keep the tradition of having plenty of different overdrives!

more suggestions would be gratefully received here, who knows special reserve might even pass on the details to square and they might just use it hey give it a try.

Thankyou all Final Fantasy Lovers, and keep on working hard on ffx ya?
Fri 12/07/02 at 22:44
Regular
"You Bum!!"
Hmmmm, I do not personally think Square should re-release FF7 and the other previous FF instalments. I just think that we should remember these games for what they are and not be greedy and ask for better graphics and few gameplay adjustments. I feel this will just spoil the atmosphere created originally by these games and be more of an equivalent of film companies cashing in on successful productions with pointless sequels and re-makes....Thats my view anyway
Sat 13/07/02 at 23:27
Regular
"360: swfcman"
To be honest, i would love to see FF7, 8 and 9 in a new 3D glory, i think it would make them so much better. I think everyone would agree that FF10 has been the one game (for me anyway) that has had the best atmosphere out of them all, and i think thats because of the stunning graphics and the new voices of the characters that helps to bring that through.

If these olds game were to have this put into them then im sure the games would be all the better for it. I would pay for them again anyway.
Sat 13/07/02 at 23:28
Ok, thanx triple H for that input, is anyone else going to join in or has this forum died the day it was born?
I really thought i had wrote a good forum for once...
Like all my recent forums, sadly it has flopped....
Mope, i need someone to cheer me up now.
Sat 13/07/02 at 23:30
Pro Evo wrote:
> To be honest, i would love to see FF7, 8 and 9 in a new 3D glory, i
> think it would make them so much better. I think everyone would agree
> that FF10 has been the one game (for me anyway) that has had the best
> atmosphere out of them all, and i think thats because of the stunning
> graphics and the new voices of the characters that helps to bring that
> through.
>
> If these olds game were to have this put into them then im sure the
> games would be all the better for it. I would pay for them again
> anyway.

thanx pro evo.

3D Glory on PS2 , not Xbox or GC would be preferred to me.
Sat 13/07/02 at 23:32
Regular
"360: swfcman"
I would want it to come out on PS2 also...but thats because i cant afford to have another console next to the PS2 right now. :D
Sat 13/07/02 at 23:36
Regular
"Steve-O RuleZ"
I'm with Pro Evo on this one, I think sprucing up 7 and 8 would be a great idea! Because when I get a Final Fantasy I usually always play it all the way through, find all the hidden bosses and get all the great hidden weapons and then I never play it again!!!!

So the idea I a graphically improved version would push me to give them a visit again!! Maybe even putting 7 and 8 on the same disc would be great!!!

But saying all that I did recently get FF6 which was FF3 on the SNES, which I hadn't played in years and it really brought back some great memories!!!

FF3 on the SNES rocked!!!!!
Sun 14/07/02 at 20:34
Rinoa, where did you here this from? Squaresoft? Gamespot? Whatever it is, its sounds convinsing that Square would make the games on the PS2, even though I've got them for the PS1 already.

Sqaure is busy on FFXI and hope to finish quickly. Even though, I hoped Square would make FFI to FFVI 3D, also because of that, FFI, II and III would be on the PS1 for here (I hope).
Sun 14/07/02 at 20:38
Rinoa Heartilly wrote:
> Ok, thanx triple H for that input, is anyone else going to join in or
> has this forum died the day it was born?
> I really thought i had wrote a good forum for once...
> Like all my recent forums, sadly it has flopped....
> Mope, i need someone to cheer me up now.

The XBOX STINKS! got a lot of replies. This one is decent. The XBOX STINKS? Umph, not really, every has got their own tastes of consoles, like me..... I own the XBox, PS1 and 2, but I haven't got the Gamecube.
Sun 14/07/02 at 20:42
"period drama"
I'd rather they remaked the classics pre-XII into full 3D games. Then a lot more, albeit shallow, people would play them and discover how good the original story lines were.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.