GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Stop this change!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 09/11/00 at 18:37
Regular
I'm getting sick of this discussion board changing every other day! As soon as I get used to the new format it changes!

The worst change is displaying the newest message first! You have to go to the bottom of the page to see what it's about, scroll up to the beginning of the next message, read it and scroll down then scroll up again! It's getting on my nerves!

Ok, show the newest topic or the topic with the latest replay but showing the newest message inside a topic is really annoying!

Change is usually good but the latest change is a bad mistake!
Page:
Sat 11/11/00 at 18:51
Regular
"I like cheese"
Well you have a point, but if I win I'll make sure we never invade your garden and kitchen again!!!

THIS GAME COMP HAD BETTER NOT BE A JOKE!!!
Sat 11/11/00 at 18:49
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
So is digging up half my garden and marching into my kitchen to eat the crumbs off the floor.

Ant wrote:
> NO WAY!!! THAT'S UNFAIR!!!
Sat 11/11/00 at 18:49
you can't win, you're running the competition. there must be a disclaimer or something...?
Sat 11/11/00 at 18:48
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
The message board is slow at time. That's because it's doing two lookups, one to put the first message at the top and the other to list the full set of messages below.

We'll try to speed it up on Monday.
Sat 11/11/00 at 18:47
Regular
"I like cheese"
NO WAY!!! THAT'S UNFAIR!!!
Sat 11/11/00 at 18:46
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
Then I win!
Sat 11/11/00 at 18:45
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
Yes - spot on.

But can you see these words directly above the newest message or not?

"Replies to Original Message shown below (newest messages shown first). Click here to flip message order"

SimonSayz wrote:
> no, where is it soposed to be? did i get what the topics about
> right then??
Regular
"I like cheese"
TONY!!! WHAT HAPPENS IF SOMEONE GETS 250, BUT WRITES A MEANINGLESS MESSAGE, AND THEN THE PERSON WHO WROTE 251 OR 252 WROTE A GOOD ENOUGH MESSAGE TO WIN THE GAME, WHO WOULD WIN???
Please tell me, as I might lose 'cos someone wrote "250" and I wrote a message with meaning in it.
my computer is going very strange all of a sudden..
Sat 11/11/00 at 18:43
AAH! most of the stuff has disappeared!

wait there.
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.