GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Why do GBA games look more like SNES games than Ps1 games?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 11/07/02 at 16:22
Regular
I was lead to believe that the GBA was a 32bit dream hand-held which would give the user Ps1 quality games on a hand-held oh how I was mislead. The games look rubbish Mario advanced looks like a SNES rip-off and that is probably why they are making all the old SNES classics. Have you seen doom? My old 386 pc could make a better job of that. At the end of the day who with any sense would buy a GBA game at £34.99 when you can buy a GC and PS2 game for the same price. The screens not exact TFT quality is it, my Samsung A300 has a better screen resolution than the GBA.
Fri 12/07/02 at 16:24
Regular
Techno freak wrote:

>
> I think I have talked in depth about every console and given reasons for my comments. If you need to know anything from the fountain of knowledge you only have to ask me.

Heh heh heh!! Great stuff. Best laugh I've had in years.
Thu 11/07/02 at 21:27
Regular
"previously phuzzy."
Sorry cipro I didn't reply before - why all this fanboyism. It's childish. It's like being racist to the poor little consoles.

There there.
Thu 11/07/02 at 21:24
Regular
This GBA vs PS1 thing. Trouble is the GBA is the only real portable out there. Yes i was a bit disappointed when i saw it, after all its 32bit. The game prices are a bit steep too. But it's still not bad, and its the only portable worth having since there is no competition. Hope the software people really pull out all the stops and push it to the max, that way it might start showing us the best it can do.
Thu 11/07/02 at 17:21
Regular
"A man with a stick"
I totaly agree with you there Fuzzy, I have a GC and PS2, but that doesn't mean I hate the x-box. I think it's a good console, and if I had the extra time and money I would get one, but just because I will probably never play on one them, doesn't mean the console is crap. This is something fan-boys like techno freak can't or won't see.
Thu 11/07/02 at 17:13
Regular
"previously phuzzy."
I bet if he actually HAD the consoles he moans on about being crap by fluke chance then they would be the best thing since sliced bread.

He wouldn't say no if he was given one, would he? My point being, must some hate every console they DON'T have? Every nex-gen console is great! They all have weaknesses, like the PS2, with the lowest specs, the Xbox has an enormous mass and the Gamecube has a job to shake off its kiddy reputation. Why moan about it online?
Thu 11/07/02 at 17:12
Regular
Techno freak wrote:
>
> Thats funny I think I have talked in depth about every console and
> given reasons for my comments. If you need to know anything from the
> fountain of knowledge you only have to ask me.

You're a foutain that spews 100% pure unadulterated biased crap. You have no idea what you're talking about so I suggest you go play with your PS2 you stupid little fanboy.
Thu 11/07/02 at 17:07
Regular
"A man with a stick"
You aint no fountain of knowladge, and the posts you've done are that of a fan-boy, not a gamer.
Thu 11/07/02 at 17:06
Regular
cipro wrote:
> Does anyone else here think Techno Freak hasn't any idea what he’s
> talking about? Hes biatched about everything from the GBA to the PC,
> and has yet to produce a decent or unbiased argument to support why he
> thinks what he thinks about the machines he talks about.

Thats funny I think I have talked in depth about every console and given reasons for my comments. If you need to know anything from the fountain of knowledge you only have to ask me.
Thu 11/07/02 at 17:02
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Does anyone else here think Techno Freak hasn't any idea what he’s talking about? Hes biatched about everything from the GBA to the PC, and has yet to produce a decent or unbiased argument to support why he thinks what he thinks about the machines he talks about.
Thu 11/07/02 at 16:58
Regular
Techno tw@t, stop posting all this annoying BS.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.