GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Why do GBA games look more like SNES games than Ps1 games?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 11/07/02 at 16:22
Regular
I was lead to believe that the GBA was a 32bit dream hand-held which would give the user Ps1 quality games on a hand-held oh how I was mislead. The games look rubbish Mario advanced looks like a SNES rip-off and that is probably why they are making all the old SNES classics. Have you seen doom? My old 386 pc could make a better job of that. At the end of the day who with any sense would buy a GBA game at £34.99 when you can buy a GC and PS2 game for the same price. The screens not exact TFT quality is it, my Samsung A300 has a better screen resolution than the GBA.
Thu 11/07/02 at 16:22
Regular
I was lead to believe that the GBA was a 32bit dream hand-held which would give the user Ps1 quality games on a hand-held oh how I was mislead. The games look rubbish Mario advanced looks like a SNES rip-off and that is probably why they are making all the old SNES classics. Have you seen doom? My old 386 pc could make a better job of that. At the end of the day who with any sense would buy a GBA game at £34.99 when you can buy a GC and PS2 game for the same price. The screens not exact TFT quality is it, my Samsung A300 has a better screen resolution than the GBA.
Thu 11/07/02 at 16:30
Regular
"Why do GBA games look more like SNES games than Ps1 games?"

Because the PSX had a 3D chip in it. GBA does not.

Anyway, the games on GBA are more fun than on PSX. So kiss my a##e.
Thu 11/07/02 at 16:30
Regular
Golden Sun is actually better looking in-game than Final Fantasy 7, and the characters look better than those in 7 and 8.
Thu 11/07/02 at 16:31
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Do you never stop wingeing? Anyway whilst it is 32 bit, it is never likely to reach PS1 quality graphics, but since it is totally portable can you complain?
Thu 11/07/02 at 16:51
Regular
Your Honour wrote:
> "Why do GBA games look more like SNES games than Ps1
> games?"
>
> Because the PSX had a 3D chip in it. GBA does not.
>
> Anyway, the games on GBA are more fun than on PSX. So kiss my a##e.

If you like playing kids games it probably is more fun, carry on little boy.
Thu 11/07/02 at 16:53
Regular
Techno freak wrote:

>
> If you like playing kids games it probably is more fun, carry on
> little boy.

Ho ho! This should turn out good.
Thu 11/07/02 at 16:53
Regular
"A man with a stick"
TF, how the hell can you call anyone a little boy, when that's exactly what you’re acting like in this thread. 'Silly little GBA games, me wants PSone games not snes wunes' you moaning Hypocrite.
Thu 11/07/02 at 16:54
Regular
Techno freak wrote:
> If you like playing kids games it probably is more fun, carry on
> little boy.

"You don't stop playing games because you grow up. You grow up because you stop playing games."

Stick that in your pipe and smoke it. If you can understand what it means, of course...
Thu 11/07/02 at 16:55
Regular
God kill my little soul, I'm a Sonyphile, but at the moment PSone has more kiddy crap than GBA.
Thu 11/07/02 at 16:58
Regular
Techno tw@t, stop posting all this annoying BS.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.