GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Oh Happy Day!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 10/07/02 at 10:57
Regular
Today has been such a good day so far that I must tell someone because theres no-one at home!

First, I wake up, do my paper round, have some Cheerios (mm) and come hme to discover that I've won National Express ticket to anywhere in Britain and return

Then I discover that i've won my first chat forum GAD!

Then I discover ECTS is open to the public! So I can go by bus for free because of my ticket.

I think I'll buy myself one of those Hot Pick tickets, see if my luck holds out.

Sorry if I sound like I'm bragging, I'm not. I'm just so, so happy!

I love life!!!!!!!!
Wed 10/07/02 at 12:33
Regular
"previously phuzzy."
Heh, *age* could be a problem, but thanks for the offer. Do you have a website or anything so I can keep up to date with your goings on?
Wed 10/07/02 at 12:32
"Stupid Newbie :D"
We're taking applications for positions at present, if you excel in any specific field already, there are details posted on the News forum about applying for a placement. ;)
Wed 10/07/02 at 12:26
Regular
"previously phuzzy."
Thats really great! I wanna be a games developer .. it's never going to happen, but I'll take all the courses and opportunities I can to get there.
Wed 10/07/02 at 12:16
We just sort of walked in... lol.
Me and a group of mates all played a certain RPG, which while visually nothing special, had gameplay oozing from it's seams. It posed a real threat to Ultima Online, which was causing a drop in EA's profits, so they bought the company that created and hosted the game and immediately axed it - giving everyone who played the thing free UO cds. It narked a load of the players, so we actually saw a fair number of the more financially comfortable people, making serious cash offers to EA to buy the rights/lease the game all of which were denied because obviously it would further draw profits from their money grabbing mits.

I've always been a bit of a dabbler in digital art, had another mate who can't pull his head out of the sand and live in the real world, always wrapping himself in some fantasy or another (fantastic concept guy as a result of this, but frequently scares members of the public... will dig out a link to a specific example where he believes one of his delivery men is Gandalf later), another friend was a bit of a whizz at coding... so we all got together and decided it mightn't be a bad idea to make our own replacement, we'd end up getting the playerbase from the original RPG, whilst becoming a thorn in EA's side (always a plus ;) ), and as we'd all played the thing ourselves we had a pretty good idea what we needed. It all took off from there. Game has been in development of roughly a year now, we have test sessions every now and again to let our testers go over the latest update with a fine tooth comb, and we decided on our company name about 2 months ago: Artificial Entertainment.
Wed 10/07/02 at 12:06
Regular
"previously phuzzy."
How did you get into the industry?
Wed 10/07/02 at 12:02
<----- Game developer.

I actually only realised about 4 months ago that as I'm now counted as someone in the entertainment industry, I'm granted access to the gaming conventions like those listed below, planning on hitting E3 next year as I missed this one. :/

Working on a small scale MMORPG currently, tis called WRATH, and can be found at http://board.wrathgame.co.uk, we already have a second project planned which is a bit more ambitious and should appeal to fans of the Elite series of games hugely. If all goes well I have my own ideas for a fancy RPG after all of that. ;)

WinterCloak is my username on the forums over there, you can see some of my work on the Showroom message board. ;)
Wed 10/07/02 at 11:54
Regular
"previously phuzzy."
How come? Who do you work for? Hmm?

:D
Wed 10/07/02 at 11:53
Congrats on the GAD... did say you'd win, didn't I? :P

Have to have an air of smugness about me on the ECTS topic though...
I'm allowed entry to things like E3 and ECTS you see. *grins*
Wed 10/07/02 at 11:39
Regular
"previously phuzzy."
Same. But I must pick a game, not a peripheral..
Aha - Final Fantasy Anthology!

Or maybe not...
Wed 10/07/02 at 11:37
Regular
"Selected"
lol, well done Fuzzy - I hope your luck does last. :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.