GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Oh Happy Day!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 10/07/02 at 10:57
Regular
Today has been such a good day so far that I must tell someone because theres no-one at home!

First, I wake up, do my paper round, have some Cheerios (mm) and come hme to discover that I've won National Express ticket to anywhere in Britain and return

Then I discover that i've won my first chat forum GAD!

Then I discover ECTS is open to the public! So I can go by bus for free because of my ticket.

I think I'll buy myself one of those Hot Pick tickets, see if my luck holds out.

Sorry if I sound like I'm bragging, I'm not. I'm just so, so happy!

I love life!!!!!!!!
Wed 10/07/02 at 18:57
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Totoro, without a big publisher presence, there won't be a good developer presence. Even when all the manufacturers turned up 2 years ago, most of the displays were already released games, and there was not a single notable announcement.

This year only Sony are turning up, and even then they, as well as MS and Ninty, have their own far more impressive European shows where they'll actually show off some decent games.

Sonic
Wed 10/07/02 at 15:00
Regular
"Selected"
Totoro wrote:
> Konami, Capcom, Activision, Midway & THQ are going to be there
> too, plus the list of exhibitors has yet to be finalised.

I'd only go to hear about Konami's situation with Suikoden 3 and likewise with Capcom and Resident Evil. The others pretty much blow.
Wed 10/07/02 at 13:30
Regular
Hi buddie, and tickets going spare?
Wed 10/07/02 at 13:26
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
===SONICRAV---> wrote:
> Why do you want to go to ECTS? Not only is it filled with 16 year old
> "company directors" who've signed up online, but only Sony
> are making an attendence this year. Indeed, all the major
> manufacturers are having their own, far more elaborate conferences in
> London anyway!

Konami, Capcom, Activision, Midway & THQ are going to be there too, plus the list of exhibitors has yet to be finalised.
Wed 10/07/02 at 13:15
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Works out nicely for me:) I'm working for IBM until May, as well as getting back into professional games journalism :)

Oh, does anyone know when the TGS is? They've axed it down to only one show a year- if I remember it's in August at about the same time as Space world?
Wed 10/07/02 at 13:11
"Stupid Newbie :D"
===SONICRAV---> wrote:

> Personally, I'm looking forwards to next year's E3 far more (anyone
> remember the month it's in???)

Usually June if memory serves. ;)
Wed 10/07/02 at 13:11
Regular
"previously phuzzy."
Maybe I won't go then. I'll just go to London for the weekend instead. Boredom I guess.

But if Ninty were there....
Wed 10/07/02 at 13:09
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Why do you want to go to ECTS? Not only is it filled with 16 year old "company directors" who've signed up online, but only Sony are making an attendence this year. Indeed, all the major manufacturers are having their own, far more elaborate conferences in London anyway!

Personally, I'm looking forwards to next year's E3 far more (anyone remember the month it's in???)- I may even *possibly* get to the Tokyo Games Show:)

Sonic
Wed 10/07/02 at 13:02
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
They are tasty but not as good as wheetos.
Wed 10/07/02 at 13:01
Regular
"previously phuzzy."
Mmmm ... rice crispies ... :D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.