GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Morality Bites"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 09/07/02 at 22:22
Regular
Morality Bites

Whilst re-playing Syphon Filter I hesitated before killing one of the targets that I always shot straight away – the scientists. To my horror they went down on their knees, put there hands behind there back and said ”I’m unarmed please don’t kill me!” But you have to! It’s horrible!

Now, if there’s a huge tiger and the only question is which one of us is going to get out of the quarry alive, then there’s on contest. And although it’s not altogether a fair fight – my pistols against his teeth and claws – if he gets close enough, he’ll do enough damage to kill me quicker than I can kill him. So sorry tiger, endangered or not, off you go to the great Safari Park in the sky!

I do have a problem with killing unarmed people, though, even if they’re not real, and especially if they are begging to be saved. But the mission can’t be completed without it. Medal Of Honour was the first game that this ever happened to me when you go round a corner and see a trio of soldiers sat smoking fags and you have crept up behind them, is it right to shoot them in the back??

Everything else that I have had to kill posed an immediate threat to me!

Does anyone else have a problem like mine?
Wed 10/07/02 at 11:33
Regular
"Selected"
But thats what developers want! Why make a mindless shoot-em up where you go round blating everything that moves when you can make a game that creates emotion for the player. Frankly, a game that makes me feel happy/sad will stay in my memory for longer then one that had me shoot a Springbok with an uzi. Whatever game that was...
Wed 10/07/02 at 11:27
Regular
"Idiot at Heart"
i didnt read it but yes i agree
Wed 10/07/02 at 07:40
Regular
"I Feel Depressed!"
Its a horrible condition!
Tue 09/07/02 at 22:54
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Yes! Big_Slow has exactly the same problem- he even wrote a GAD winning topic on it in the prime room!
Tue 09/07/02 at 22:22
Regular
"I Feel Depressed!"
Morality Bites

Whilst re-playing Syphon Filter I hesitated before killing one of the targets that I always shot straight away – the scientists. To my horror they went down on their knees, put there hands behind there back and said ”I’m unarmed please don’t kill me!” But you have to! It’s horrible!

Now, if there’s a huge tiger and the only question is which one of us is going to get out of the quarry alive, then there’s on contest. And although it’s not altogether a fair fight – my pistols against his teeth and claws – if he gets close enough, he’ll do enough damage to kill me quicker than I can kill him. So sorry tiger, endangered or not, off you go to the great Safari Park in the sky!

I do have a problem with killing unarmed people, though, even if they’re not real, and especially if they are begging to be saved. But the mission can’t be completed without it. Medal Of Honour was the first game that this ever happened to me when you go round a corner and see a trio of soldiers sat smoking fags and you have crept up behind them, is it right to shoot them in the back??

Everything else that I have had to kill posed an immediate threat to me!

Does anyone else have a problem like mine?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.