GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Morality Bites"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 09/07/02 at 22:22
Regular
Morality Bites

Whilst re-playing Syphon Filter I hesitated before killing one of the targets that I always shot straight away – the scientists. To my horror they went down on their knees, put there hands behind there back and said ”I’m unarmed please don’t kill me!” But you have to! It’s horrible!

Now, if there’s a huge tiger and the only question is which one of us is going to get out of the quarry alive, then there’s on contest. And although it’s not altogether a fair fight – my pistols against his teeth and claws – if he gets close enough, he’ll do enough damage to kill me quicker than I can kill him. So sorry tiger, endangered or not, off you go to the great Safari Park in the sky!

I do have a problem with killing unarmed people, though, even if they’re not real, and especially if they are begging to be saved. But the mission can’t be completed without it. Medal Of Honour was the first game that this ever happened to me when you go round a corner and see a trio of soldiers sat smoking fags and you have crept up behind them, is it right to shoot them in the back??

Everything else that I have had to kill posed an immediate threat to me!

Does anyone else have a problem like mine?
Wed 10/07/02 at 16:17
Regular
"I Feel Depressed!"
I have to decided to not act like a wimp and take example of Pointless Babble!
Shoot first ask questions later!
Wed 10/07/02 at 13:07
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Goatboy wrote:
> I was playing GTA3 on the PC last night, just motoring about in my
> nice shiny buggy and then someone rammed me from behind at a light.
> So I got out, yanked the lady out of her car and beat her with a
> baseball bat.
>
> And I laughed and laughed and laughed.

LOL
Wed 10/07/02 at 13:07
"Stupid Newbie :D"
BF Injection? Thats an offense where the punishment goes way beyond death... mass homicide comes to mind.
Wed 10/07/02 at 13:04
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
I was playing GTA3 on the PC last night, just motoring about in my nice shiny buggy and then someone rammed me from behind at a light.
So I got out, yanked the lady out of her car and beat her with a baseball bat.

And I laughed and laughed and laughed.
Wed 10/07/02 at 12:39
"High polygon count"
If they're working for the other side, they're a threat - armed or not.

Okay, so they may be being forced to do things by the enemy. But unless your mission is to rescue them, kill them. If you don't, they'll be forced to continue working and come up with something that may kill you and those you hold dear.

Like numerous rocket scientists during the war, who have since been repatriated to both the US and Russia, where they worked not only on those nations space programs, but also on missile systems, leading to nuclear ICBMs and the Cold War. :-)
Wed 10/07/02 at 12:35
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Damn straight! I love being evil.
Wed 10/07/02 at 12:34
*Pats cookie monster on the back*

See? Perfect example of how it ought to be done.
Wed 10/07/02 at 12:30
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
There was a scientist in return to castle wolfenstein, i put my MP40 in his face until he told me the information i need, and then he went down and was pleading for his life, i done the right thing....i pumped him full of lead!!
Wed 10/07/02 at 11:50
Don't be fooled mate... if that scientist was armed he'd have pumped you full of lead in 10 seconds flat. Remember Goldeneye? All those "innocent" little labcoats, and then one of them pulls out a pistol and starts firing, or throws a grenade at you, they're all threats to survival - they just don't know it yet. :P

I've adopted a very simple creed on this kind of game that poses moral dilemmas; shoot first, ask questions later. So far I haven't been killed once by any of the so called "innocents" in games like Virtua Cop 2 etc. Sure... they yell "don't shoot!", but thats just to give them the chance to pull an Uzi out and end your life, don't give them that oppurtunity - remember, he who dares, wins. ;)
Wed 10/07/02 at 11:34
Regular
"Selected"
*Blasting.

sorry.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.