GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"And the 'Best Game Ever Award' goes to..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 08/07/02 at 20:38
Regular
What's your most favourite game ever? Is it a new game that you love to bits or a classic that you just can't bare to part with.

Personally, I've always loved Secret of Mana on the SNES. I don't have the SNES any more, but I do have it on emulator.

So, what game deserves this prestigious award...?

-SHaDoW-DRaGoN-
Tue 09/07/02 at 10:31
Regular
"Well hit on me..."
The games I have played the most hours on in my life are:

SuperMario64

Goldeneye

Zelda :OOT.

These are classics, howeverI would also like to put a controversial opionion forward....

Postman Pat on the C64. I spent more hours rounding up sheep, delivering letters, prescriptions and parcels on that than ever on a games system.

Mind you I did complete it when I was six.
Tue 09/07/02 at 10:22
Regular
Gravity Power on the Amiga.
Tue 09/07/02 at 09:47
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Zelda: OOT, FF7 and Super Mario World.

I agree Ortega. Champ Man may not be the best game ever, but it is certainly my most played one!
Tue 09/07/02 at 09:39
Regular
"Omnipresent"
Legally, you have to own the actual game before you can own an emulated copy. And if you get rid of the game, you have to get rid of the emulation.
Tue 09/07/02 at 00:21
locky1133 wrote:
> That's illegal... but anyway. Erm... old Skool RPGs are my faves.
> Breath Of Fire 2, Illusion Of Time and many others. However, the
> greatest game of all time HAS to be Legend of Zelda: A link to the
> past.
> It's 'the daddy'.

It's not illegal, so long as you read it into it carefully. Good choice of game, though. I loved all the old skool RPG's too...

-SHaDoW-DRaGoN-
Tue 09/07/02 at 00:18
I had Perfect Dark and loved it. I'm gonna buy it on the GameCube when it comes out. As for Banjo-Tooie, I wanted to play it but never got the chance. I had Banjo-Kazooie though, which was fun, if not falic in places (you know what I mean if you've completed it and heard what Kazooie says when she sees the ice key), and a good laugh.

Two good games. Well done, Sir!

-SHaDoW-DRaGoN-
Tue 09/07/02 at 00:12
Regular
Ant wrote:
> CDouch wrote:
> The Tony Hawk games
>
> You have got to be kidding. These games are utterly awful. Eurgh.
>
>
> METAL GEAR SOLID 1 ON THE PLAYSTATION.

You have got to be kidding this game is utterly awful. Meh!

For me it would have to be Banjo Tooie or Perfect Dark.
Mon 08/07/02 at 23:50
For me, its between Ocarina of TIme, Metal Gear Solid and Final Fantasy X. You can criticise, but these are revolutionary.
Mon 08/07/02 at 23:06
Regular
"I like cheese"
CDouch wrote:
> The Tony Hawk games

You have got to be kidding. These games are utterly awful. Eurgh.

METAL GEAR SOLID 1 ON THE PLAYSTATION.
Mon 08/07/02 at 23:04
So far, we've got:

Secret Of Mana
Tony Hawk's Skateboarding
Championship Manager
Tetris
Super Mario 3
Zelda: Link To The Past

I like all of these, apart from Championship Manager. Mind you, I'm sure it's a good game if you like football...

-SHaDoW-DRaGoN-

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.