GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Eternal Darkness: A few impressions"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 08/07/02 at 15:27
Regular
Had this delivered over the weekend and consequently had a short burst at it for a couple of hours.

Initial impressions. Impressed. I can see a lot of people likening this to Resident Evil. The gaming dynamics are similar, but the story itself flows so well and enthralls you from the start, which makes it hard to put this one down.

Quite a lot has been said about the graphics and whilst they're not *that* great, there not bad either. Some of the textures are a little bland and the general tone is quite dark, making certain segues of the game hard to distinguish.

The sound is on par with the likes of Silent Hill IMO. It's got that atmospheric ambience that sends shivers down your spine. The kind of game that makes you want to play behind the sofa.

Quite impressed with it thus far.
Wed 10/07/02 at 08:51
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
Strafex wrote:
> ADH wrote:
> Um, unless i'm hugely mistaken, Eternal Darkness isn't out in
> Britain
> yet right?
>
> So, i'm asumming you're playing an imported copy on an imported GC?
>
> If not, HOW ARE YOU ACCOMPLISHING THIS!?
>
> Bleeder's Gamecube is a US import.
> He smuggly bought it back in November and has been rubbing it in ever
> since!

Moi? Would I do such a thing to the nice people on this forum ;)

Wait till I gets Mario Sunshine in the next two weeks, cor' your in for it then buddy ;)
Wed 10/07/02 at 08:50
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
ADH wrote:
> Um, unless i'm hugely mistaken, Eternal Darkness isn't out in Britain
> yet right?
>
>
>
> I bought WWE Wrestlemania X8 a couple of days ago and am now waiting
> for the release of an adaptor of some kind so I can play it on my PAL
> GC. There's no adaptors out yet right?

Your right.

But I've got a modded Japanese GameCube that lets me play American and Japanese games :)
Tue 09/07/02 at 21:28
Regular
ADH wrote:
> Um, unless i'm hugely mistaken, Eternal Darkness isn't out in Britain
> yet right?
>
>

Bleeder's Gamecube is a US import.
He smuggly bought it back in November and has been rubbing it in ever since!

Still, I've heard that there's some sort of freeloader disk for playing imports. If not, from what I've heard, you're not missing much from WWE 8X anyway...
Tue 09/07/02 at 19:20
Regular
Solskjær wrote:
> I also reckon Eternal Darkness will be a good game, but not a great
> one. It wasn't sposed to be all that great when it was planned for the
> N64, so why should it really be that much better now?

Because that was over a year ago which is plenty of time to work on the game. Judging by the reviews i've read it's gonna be damn good and i'll definetly be getting it.
Tue 09/07/02 at 19:10
Regular
"keep your receipt"
Check out meh Freeloader topic ADH.
Tue 09/07/02 at 18:39
Regular
"Is'not Dave... sorr"
Um, unless i'm hugely mistaken, Eternal Darkness isn't out in Britain yet right?

So, i'm asumming you're playing an imported copy on an imported GC?

If not, HOW ARE YOU ACCOMPLISHING THIS!?

I bought WWE Wrestlemania X8 a couple of days ago and am now waiting for the release of an adaptor of some kind so I can play it on my PAL GC. There's no adaptors out yet right?
Tue 09/07/02 at 15:43
Regular
"Long time no see!"
According to some magazine reviews i've read in GamesMaster and NGC, Die Hard: Vendetta could be the next GoldenEye!
So i'll get it! :)

I also reckon Eternal Darkness will be a good game, but not a great one. It wasn't sposed to be all that great when it was planned for the N64, so why should it really be that much better now?
Tue 09/07/02 at 10:30
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I want all three!
Mon 08/07/02 at 15:38
Regular
"Omnipresent"
Hmm, tricky, but DH:V is going to be a refreshing change.
Mon 08/07/02 at 15:37
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Yes but is DH going to be any good? Nakatomi plaza for the PC is in the same mould and wasnt amazing.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.