GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"TimeSplitters 2 Vs Red Faction 2"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 07/07/02 at 16:05
Regular
This year the two biggest FPS on the PS2 return and these look almost identical, i will get one of them but not both because of how identical they are.

Red Faction 2 is set on earth this time and it has better visuals etc so that looks good.

Timesplitters 2 looks even better though with amazing graphics and a more better one player mode.

which one you gonna buy?
Thu 11/07/02 at 16:44
Regular
KR wrote:
> THis will probably be the biggest FPS battle seeing as they both come
> out around september

Doom Vs Quake ring any bells?
Thu 11/07/02 at 16:42
Regular
"Woo Hoo!"
I would get Red Faction 2, because the first one was great and I was a little disapointed with timesplitters, but at the moment both games look great.
Mon 08/07/02 at 20:13
Regular
THis will probably be the biggest FPS battle seeing as they both come out around september
Mon 08/07/02 at 19:35
I will be getting Red Faction 2.
Mon 08/07/02 at 19:04
"period drama"
Timesplitters 2 would suit me more.

You couldn't get a better multi-player experience from the 1st, and it's sure to be improved this time round.
The 1 player mode looks, and sounds brilliant too. Lots more missions and ways to compleate them, too.

But if Red Fraction 2 could make the building-demolition a lot more of a feature, less of a novelty, then it stands one hell of a chance.
Mon 08/07/02 at 18:35
Regular
i bought Red Faction but didnt like the loading times and the one big story, i like little missions stuck together.

I played timesplitters for about a week (rented) and thought it was good except the main missions where you had to grab that parcel thingy and then run out, that was bollards.
But timeplitters 2 is meant to be different story etc and a more involving story line so will have to wait and see.
Mon 08/07/02 at 09:36
Regular
"Whatever!"
Yeah - I think I will probably get both aswell! Im looking more forward to Timesplitters 2 although Red Faction 2 is looking rather impressive
Mon 08/07/02 at 09:23
"`·.¸¸.·´´¯`··._.·`·"
Seems though i have Red Faction i will be Definitely getting red faction 2.

I will not be getting Timesplitters 2 as i have never played any of the games.
Mon 08/07/02 at 09:03
Regular
"Bobba you"
I'll be getting Red Faction 2 I have got the first one and is brill so I will want the second one. And also I have never played Timesplitters.
Mon 08/07/02 at 08:53
Regular
"Fangxforthemammarie"
I'm just going to get both

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.