GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"TimeSplitters 2 Vs Red Faction 2"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 07/07/02 at 16:05
Regular
This year the two biggest FPS on the PS2 return and these look almost identical, i will get one of them but not both because of how identical they are.

Red Faction 2 is set on earth this time and it has better visuals etc so that looks good.

Timesplitters 2 looks even better though with amazing graphics and a more better one player mode.

which one you gonna buy?
Mon 15/07/02 at 18:18
Regular
You dont have to write in here, i couldnt be arsed to write 1,000 words about both because it would just be dull and boring, instead i got straight to the point :p
Mon 15/07/02 at 00:05
Regular
"WWJD"
Whats the point of writing a topic if you can't be arsed? it shows i could feel you couldn't be arsed, you should take sometime to write something good
Sat 13/07/02 at 10:15
Regular
yeh i thought about writing more but then i couldnt be arsed
Fri 12/07/02 at 23:13
Regular
"WWJD"
Thats it!?! come on KR you could of written more i thought there was gonna be a good view on both games and which one is better thought it was gonna tell me about the games, now im disapointed
Fri 12/07/02 at 18:43
Regular
Taken from Gamespot.co.uk

"From there, armed with a silenced handgun, we took to scouring the base in search of people and objects to shoot. The objectives were pretty standard. We had to find and disable security cameras, activate power to the elevators, exterminate a handful of mutants roaming the compound, and destroy a certain destructive gadget. The map was pretty expansive, composed of the small buildings that make up the compound, the subterranean levels beneath the dam, and the surface of the dam itself. Overall, the action was well paced, and the level felt quite complete, given the game's early state"

wow, that sounds really cool, it starts off on a dam level where you have to work your way up to the top of the dam, hopefully more levels and stuff should be added and loads of missions (about 15)
Fri 12/07/02 at 16:45
Regular
I will definitely be getting this games as i loved the first one as i have said before.
Fri 12/07/02 at 16:19
Regular
I think this is a much more random match-up than say, Pro Evo Vs Fifa. Timesplitters and Red faction are sort of their own genres within the FPS genre. The only likeness is seeing a gun at the bottom of the screen and shooting people. Timesplitters is more like Goldeneye and is, dare i say it, arcadey. Red Faction is more hardcore, and realistic, in with the likes of Quake and Unreal. I think this is a very un-fair match up between the games.
Thu 11/07/02 at 19:10
Regular
i have played timesplitters but thought the one player mode was bollards, all you did was run inside a building pick up one item and then run out again, i didnt like that at all.

seeign as this is made the the Ex goldeneye makers i am expecting it to be very special, hopefully the single player mode will be more involving with actual tasks to do instead of just picking up stuff and taking it back.

*Taken from PSW magazine* (but written out by me)

"The single player mode looks like finally retiring Goldeneye from being the best FPS ever, whilst the multiplayer mode takes the original Splitters magic and blends it into something more perfect.
Thu 11/07/02 at 18:49
I haven't played Timesplitters yet (shock!), but I'll still be getting both come release time.
Thu 11/07/02 at 18:45
Regular
i like the structure of timesplitters better then Red Factions, i like missions being set out and having different levels and thigns like that instead of one big level.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.