GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Final Fantasy 8 help"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 04/07/02 at 20:43
Regular
I'm stuck on the Mobile Type B boss in Lunatic Pandora on Disc 3. I've fought it about 30 times and just can't beat him. Anyone got any tips?

Thanks in advance!
Thu 25/07/02 at 20:01
Regular
"Sure.Fine.Whatever."
I haven't got FF10 yet. I've a bit of a cash flow crisis at the moment (read unemployed!) so I think it'll be a while before I get to play it. It sounds excellent from all accounts.
Tue 23/07/02 at 01:59
Regular
"accidental superher"
i have the pc version of FF8 and when i first had it...i was using my rather budget laptop so that when i was on the world map it slowed to a crawl...but i perservered...got all the secret stuff (with the help of a guide), whipped omega weapon on my first go and racked up around 80 hours worth of gameplay :D
mind you the main story is actually a heck of a lot harder than FFX...
FFX was really easy (if you just went through the story -i found evrae really easy too and i didn't even use Al bhed potions or use the airship guns.)
Mon 22/07/02 at 23:03
Regular
"Sure.Fine.Whatever."
Yeah i really like FF8 beanz. It has an amazing storyline and I love the characters in it.
Sun 21/07/02 at 22:36
Regular
"accidental superher"
oooo FF9..i think i might restart playing it...got to the middle of disk 3...and have now unfortunately forgotten everything that has happened...
might even restart FF8 cos i remember it rocked :D
Sun 21/07/02 at 21:09
Regular
"Sure.Fine.Whatever."
I'm still trying RH! Like I said, I don't give up easily. I've just started playing FF9 so in between i keep going back to 8 to have another crack.
Fri 19/07/02 at 22:06
Just coz u can't do it doesn' mean your rubbish, hey i know u can do it, eventually, fuzzy has a good suggestion there me thinks it will work.
i found him hard too. So you're not alone, but keep on going coz the next stage of the story is breath taking, it it my favourite part, apart from the ending which is the best ff ending ever!!
Wed 17/07/02 at 23:22
Regular
"Sure.Fine.Whatever."
Thanks Fuzzy. I don't have an Ultimas to junction though, so I'll have to find some.
Mon 15/07/02 at 09:04
Regular
"previously phuzzy."
Heh, use Squalls limit break (i.e use Meltdown on the enemy, cast Aura on Squall who can now use his l/b Renzokuken and if your strength is 200 or higher (junction lots of Ultimas to pump it up) then it will do give or take 8500 a shot, taking it out in one go. But thats only with rocket high strength. I did it with both 215% and 244% strength, both times he went down in one go.

Use this on every next boss, and they'll go down in one or two shots.

Thats how I completed the game.
Mon 15/07/02 at 01:21
Regular
"Sure.Fine.Whatever."
Thanks again for all the help RH! I went back to the boss after levelling up a bit and collecting plenty of Cura's but the b*stard still gets me! I guess I'm just rubbish at FF8! I'll keep trying, I don't give up that easy!!
Fri 12/07/02 at 21:37
ok i dont know whether u have ff8 guide, but heres soomething ive ripped out of it, hope it helps!!
mobile type 8 is supported by a left probe and a right probe. steal a vit up and a str up from them and attack the main body when probes are disconnected. gf quezacotl and thunder magic are particularly helpful. mobile type 8 uses swift and damaging counterattacks, so be prepared to draw and cast curaga (from the left probe) whenever a character is severly injured. junctioning the recovery command might also be a good idea. use your best limit breaks but watch out when the robot prepares for its strongest attack, that leaves your characters with only 1 hp. heal all your characters at this time to survive the onslaught. as this opponent is rather quick, you might want to haste all your characters, that is if they dont already have the auto-haste ability.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.