GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Is 'Nigger' (Peace) still considered offensive>"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 04/07/02 at 16:11
Regular
Everytime I hear the word, it seems to be said by black people referring to themselves, it's phrases lke 'Me and my n*****s' (Peace) that make me wonder if the word still has any offensive content
Fri 05/07/02 at 20:36
Regular
"Omnipresent"
Don't get me started on the whole race issue. I'm not a racist at all, far from it, but when things are cut from films (the dog in the classic film, Dambusters, had his name taken out... it was ni**er by the way), I find it stupid. It simply represented the zeitgeist (spirit of the times).
Thu 04/07/02 at 23:18
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Joinercus wrote:
> One step outta line and..

BAM! you get shot in the face. Its true ive seen it in the ganster films.
Thu 04/07/02 at 22:29
Aye! It is offensive! They used to call black people tinkers. I cause no racism and it is true.

One step outta line and..
Thu 04/07/02 at 21:34
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Yeah you can get into trouble for calling black people that, if you are white.
Thu 04/07/02 at 21:07
If I was black, I think that I would feel quite patronised that it seems to be WHITE liberals who are deeming what is, or isn't racialy offensive.

I have known people who are from ethnic minorities who found a certain amount of light humour in regards to their race quite acceptable.
Thu 04/07/02 at 20:14
Regular
"bit of a brain"
The MOBO awards are Music Of Black Origin awards, so although it does imply that only black people can win it (and this is usually the case), I think that it doesn't mean people of different races can't win, as long as their music is of black origin.
It would be a bit like the MONO awards, or music of norweigan origin
or something
Thu 04/07/02 at 20:00
Regular
"I like cheese"
Insane Bartender wrote:
> The racists are the black people.

Controversial, but thinking it about it, that statement does have some elements of truth. A lot actually.

I don't mean any offence to black people (obviously), I mean, I know a few of them...but looking at the last reply (can't remember who wrote it), I see what you mean. Britain has become too politically correct, and maybe if we didn't take so much notice of people being different colours then we wouldn't have stuff like the M.O.B.O Awards.

But then again, I'm young and naive, so my opinion doesn't really matter.
Thu 04/07/02 at 18:56
Regular
Insane Bartender wrote:

> The racists are the black people.

Whilst that comment is a bit to generalised for my liking, I agree with you to a certain extent.

Consider this - every year M.O.B.O. Awards take place, dedicated to black people. Now if there was one dedictated to white people, can you imagine the fuss that would be caused.

Britain has become TOO politically correct.
Thu 04/07/02 at 18:21
Well the server wont let you use the N word anyway as it is deemed offesive.
Thu 04/07/02 at 18:19
Regular
"bit of a brain"
er, saying that might not be a good idea.
I think that black people use the word because it is a word that white people can't say, so it is more personalised, and like a special word which only they can use.
Wurd

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.