GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Is 'Nigger' (Peace) still considered offensive>"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 04/07/02 at 16:11
Regular
Everytime I hear the word, it seems to be said by black people referring to themselves, it's phrases lke 'Me and my n*****s' (Peace) that make me wonder if the word still has any offensive content
Mon 08/07/02 at 23:38
Regular
"Back in black"
Ant wrote:

> But then again, I'm young and naive, so my opinion doesn't really
> matter.

Don't ever say that, your opinion does matter and don't let anyone tell you others! Why are you different from anyone else. Being young doesn't make you less human than some 27. Speak your mind and don't let anyone stop you!
Mon 08/07/02 at 17:02
"Darkness, always"
personally, sometimes I wish I;d been born as a black woman.

I could live off racist intimidation and feminist arrogance. Life would be cushy.
Mon 08/07/02 at 16:54
Regular
"Ghetto Fabulous"
Nigro would be offensive . No offense to any black people which are in this topic .
Mon 08/07/02 at 16:52
"Darkness, always"
I thought the whole Halle Berry thing was pathetic. Not only was it made to be a huge thing that a black woman won the best actress oscar, she didn't actually deserve it in the first place.

She's damn good looking, but as an actress she's about average.
Mon 08/07/02 at 16:45
Dr Duck wrote:

> MOBOs and the like, 'positive' discrimination to a lesser extent too,
> in a way... well, i don't like it, the unfounded exclusivity of it,
> but it seems to mirror national pride, as i said before. I don't like
> any of it.

Theres no such thing as positive discrimination. I thought apartheid was abolished but i guess if the majority are those that profit from it then it will probably be accepted.

Halle Berry won the best actress oscar: This is such a great day. It has opened the floodgates for black actors/actresses.

dont get me wrong, didn't she win it for being the best actress? Her colour should be completely irrelevant. It's only a big deal because there were reports of ethnic minority groups putting pressure on the committee to pick a black person for a major oscar, and Berry herself made an issue of it.

The MOBO awards i find are pathetic. It always seems that every type of music becomes exclusive to the MOBO bandwagon. If there was a Music of White Origin Awards, it would be stopped for racism.

Schools in certain parts of London are now seperating black children from the rest of pupils at schools as there may be evidense suggesting they learn more if they are tought by a black teacher. If the roles were reversed, then it would also be called racist.

It now seems that racism is only a one-way thing.
Sat 06/07/02 at 14:09
cookie monster wrote:

>
> BAM! you get shot in the face. Its true ive seen it in the ganster
> films.

I quite liked what you said there. Iz it still with the topic? I probably don't think zo.
Sat 06/07/02 at 02:39
Regular
I guess you have to look at the meaning of the word in its context, and the context in which it is likely to be perceived:

White person uses the word, and they're expressing a difference between themselves and the person they refer to, and it's seen as negative because of the associated history of oppression.

Black person uses the word and it expresses something they and the person they refer to have in common, the only negative association could be the exclusion of any non-blacks.

However, i don't think that in itself is any worse than, for example, national pride (not that i'm a big fan of that, but it's a whole different can of worms).

So what you have is a situation where a white person acknowledges the different colour of someone else's skin, using a word with racist associations to such a use.

To me, this is racist.

MOBOs and the like, 'positive' discrimination to a lesser extent too, in a way... well, i don't like it, the unfounded exclusivity of it, but it seems to mirror national pride, as i said before. I don't like any of it.
Fri 05/07/02 at 21:15
Regular
"Bobba you"
Well at school there are black people that call each over it, when they walk into the room they will say "Yes me 'n****r', howes you" so I dont really think it's offensive to them. And Dr.Dre seems to say it to.
Fri 05/07/02 at 20:47
Regular
"previously phuzzy."
To be honest, I don't really have many black (excuse me if offensive) friends but why should white people always be scrutinised for calling black people names they call each othe anyway? Of course, a perfect example of what I call *reverse* racism is in Zimbabwe, but if that was the other way round their would be HUGE uproar, but no, it's really not that big an issue, in comparison, in volume of coverage and the like. Bit if it was white people.....
Fri 05/07/02 at 20:39
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Blacks can be just as racist as whites........

Did you read about the Pakistani tennis player who faces 'not being able to play for his country' because he played with a Jew at Wimbledon in the mens doubles? They just want to play tennis together, and at home, the Pakistani gets slated!

Absoloutely pathetic.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.