GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Nintendo sure does SUCK nowadays."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 02/07/02 at 18:34
Regular
First the GCN gets 3DO and their Army Men 'games'...then they get two Resident Evil games ported from some seven year old hardware...and now they get some games from the freaking MEGA-DRIVE after this new Sega announcement.

Not to mention the GBA's swelling library of SNES and M-D games.

And the cancellation of Spaceworld.

And the President saying they might pull a Sega.

Wow.
Sat 06/07/02 at 13:55
Regular
Ant wrote:
> Tiltawhirl wrote:
> >Oh my God Ant, I can't beleive you just said that. You have
> And if I'm a Sony 'zombie', wouldn't that make you a Ninty 'zombie'?
> I've never seen you admit anything good about the PS1 or PS2.

I don't hate any consoles, but i'll defend Nintendo consoles till I'm blue in the face cause they happen to be the company that make the games that I love.

> I will admit however, that Pokemon Stadium is damn addictive. {:)

Hehe, try giving the Pokemon games on GBA a chance trust me they aren't as bad as people make out. Infact they're preety damn good.

>RF1 was good, but nothing
> special.

One thing I liked about Red Faction was the way you could blow up the walls, if they managed to incorporate that well into a 4 player multi player mode then it could be damn good.
Sat 06/07/02 at 13:49
Regular
Ant wrote:

> Anyway, I have a question for you lot, especially Tiltawhirl. What do
> you prefer, the PS2 or the X-Box?

I'd have to admit that i prefer the X-Box, there's nothing on the PS2 that really intrests me that much, Stunt Man I think it's called looks preety good and The Getaway should be good but that's about it. The only reason I prefer the X-Box is cause of all the Sega games it's getting, games like Jet Set Radio, Crazy Taxi and Shenmue are the absoloute nuts.
Fri 05/07/02 at 22:59
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Genral Prat Sir! You have missed off V-Rally 3 Sir!
Fri 05/07/02 at 21:47
Regular
"I like cheese"
Turbonutter wrote:
> Oh, cool. Someone paraphrase the last 84 posts please.

Please help. :D
Fri 05/07/02 at 21:44
"~do i look funny?~"
Turbonutter wrote:
> Oh, cool. Someone paraphrase the last 84 posts please.

ok, they basically had a row over who was right and are still deciding a winner!
Fri 05/07/02 at 21:44
Regular
"I like cheese"
83 replies to this topic...amazing how sensitive you Nintys are. :D

But, if you want me to diss Sony products, then I will diss a few games that I have been unfortunate enough to buy, among other things.

In Cold Blood, on PS1. This is most probably the worst game ever. EURGH! I am waiting for the perfect moment to burn it, where I shall laugh maniacally. Oh, and include 4-4-2 Soccer in this, although thankfully I don't own it.

Shadow Of Memories on the PS2. Dull, dull and dull.

MGS2- Great, but disappointing. Just playing through MGS today made me realise how much better the original is.

The PS2 had a pretty crap launch, especially with all the pre-order malarky.

'Patches.' I've come to think of the PS2 as a 'patchy' console. It had a bad time in the first couple of months with only the odd good game. However, the launch of GT3 triggered a mass of excellent games over the next few months until Christmas. And now, we're going through a dry patch. More consistency would be nice, as I can't buy loads of games at once.

They're the first ones that come to mind, but I've stuck with it and over the past few months the PS2 has been great, with personal faves such as Max Payne, Devil May Cry, GT3, MOH: Frontline and GTA3.

Anyway, I have a question for you lot, especially Tiltawhirl. What do you prefer, the PS2 or the X-Box?
Fri 05/07/02 at 21:42
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Oh, cool. Someone paraphrase the last 84 posts please.
Fri 05/07/02 at 21:23
Regular
"I like cheese"
Tiltawhirl wrote:
>Oh my God Ant, I can't beleive you just said that. You have confirmed
> to us all that you really are just a Sony Zombie. How can the problem
> with the game be that it's original?

Because original isn't always good. Genres like FPS are tried and tested, and they worked. So called original games have never been used before, and for all we know could be absolutely diabolical.

I know quite a few Nintys who don't like Pikmin, including RBS.

And if I'm a Sony 'zombie', wouldn't that make you a Ninty 'zombie'? I've never seen you admit anything good about the PS1 or PS2. Also, I bought a GBA, trusting you lot and Nintendo that it would be worth the money. Unfortunately, it's been worth less than a Refresher bar, so no wonder I don't have any faith in Nintendo products.

I will admit however, that Pokemon Stadium is damn addictive. {:)

Cookie Monster, have you actually played Metroid Prime? I expect it will be a good game, but so will Red Faction 2...as long as they use that so-called new technology properly...RF1 was good, but nothing special.
Fri 05/07/02 at 21:12
Regular
El Swandre wrote:
> cookie monster wrote:
> Really? What PS2 game can even rival this game?
>
> Are we talking about Metroid Prime? If so, the game has not been
> played by ANYONE on these boards.
>
> Edge wrote:
> Again, you've only played them over a friend's house, as you said, so
>
> your opinions aren't going to be as great anyway.
>
> I don't think so. Playing GoldenEye and DK Racing round my mates'
> houses week after week made me want an N64 really badly. And I got
> one.
>
> If you don't think the quality of Rogue Leader and Burnout is very
> good, then you must have
> very VERY high standrds as to what games in your opinion are good.
>
> Not really. I borrowed my mate's Burnout for a week and was decidedly
> unimpressed with it. Just didn't seem as good as everyone's been
> saying...or that good at all.
>
> And Rogue Squadron has a few cool bits, like the final mission and the
> AT-ATs bit, but it's by no means the classic that every other owner
> says it is. I don't like the game as a whole, really.
>
> And I'd like to thank er-no for making that last statement. Unfounded
> statements that serve no real purpose are always appreciated,
> especially from Notables.

If you're going to quote messages, spell the names right. Surely it's not hard to spell a 4 letter name?
Fri 05/07/02 at 21:03
Regular
"Don't Stare"
Tell it like it is!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.