GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Shenmue 2 ?"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 30/06/02 at 16:50
Regular
Now this is very strange to me, I have followed the previews and information on Shenmue 2 now since I first heard of it, but one thing I would like to know is, will Shenmue 1 be included on the disc?

I am not sure what you think but it seems strange to leave out Shenmue 1 and start the series on Shenmue 2, Shenmue 3 is also in the making but Shenmue 1 was the prequel to all of Ryu's adventures and I for one would love to see this game appear on the Xbox!

Maybe a double sided DVD with just a straight port of Shenmue 1 with enhanced graphics would work. I know you have talked about this before but with the launch of Shenmue 2 only a few months away and with hands on at E3 of this game I think it is about time we got to know the full story of what will be included on the disc.

Shenmue 2 is the start of Ryu's journey and Shenmue 1 was just a prequel to this. At the moment I am in 2 minds on wether or not to purchase a dreamcast just so I can play and complete Shenmue 1, but if it is included on the Xbox version then I won't bother.

Has anyone got any news on Shenmue 2 and what it will include as I am sure we all want to find out the story behind it?
Sun 30/06/02 at 16:50
Regular
Now this is very strange to me, I have followed the previews and information on Shenmue 2 now since I first heard of it, but one thing I would like to know is, will Shenmue 1 be included on the disc?

I am not sure what you think but it seems strange to leave out Shenmue 1 and start the series on Shenmue 2, Shenmue 3 is also in the making but Shenmue 1 was the prequel to all of Ryu's adventures and I for one would love to see this game appear on the Xbox!

Maybe a double sided DVD with just a straight port of Shenmue 1 with enhanced graphics would work. I know you have talked about this before but with the launch of Shenmue 2 only a few months away and with hands on at E3 of this game I think it is about time we got to know the full story of what will be included on the disc.

Shenmue 2 is the start of Ryu's journey and Shenmue 1 was just a prequel to this. At the moment I am in 2 minds on wether or not to purchase a dreamcast just so I can play and complete Shenmue 1, but if it is included on the Xbox version then I won't bother.

Has anyone got any news on Shenmue 2 and what it will include as I am sure we all want to find out the story behind it?
Sun 30/06/02 at 21:06
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Trust me, its worth buying a dreamcast just for Shenmue 1 its amazing, and in my opinion its better than Shenmue 2, It may not be as long but its still better.
Ive actually been wondering if they will port Shenmue 1 onto the Box, it does seem a bit pointless starting from the second game in the series, we shall see

;)
Sun 30/06/02 at 21:39
Regular
The word that was going around was that they might include it on the disc but deliver it on a double sided DVD, on one side a Shenmue 1 port with enhanced graphics and on the other Shenme 2 with extra functions and enhanced sounds, graphics and gameplay engine. Today I e-mailed 4 Shemue 1/2 and Sega websites asking about the game and what will be inlcuded so sometime this week all should be revealed. If not for £50 I can get a Dreamcast and for an extra £25 a copy of Shemue 1 and a memory card! I hope they will have it on the Xbox version though as there are a lot of games I want to buy on the Xbox and the money used to get a Dreamcast would stop me from reaching my goal.
Mon 01/07/02 at 09:43
Regular
I heard that Shenmue 2 will be released first, and then Shenmue 1 will be released later as part of a SEGA budget range.
Whether this is still the case I'm not sure.
If Shenmue 2 sells well I'm sure Shenmue 1 will be released.

Having played both installments, I would say that there's nothing wrong with playing Shenmue 2 first - doing so would in no way diminish your enjoyment of Shenmue 1.
Mon 01/07/02 at 11:53
I hope both are included :)
Mon 01/07/02 at 21:25
Regular
"accidental superher"
i'm not sure they will include both...cos on shenmue 2 they already have a mini movie showing you everything that's happened so far in shenmue 1
Mon 01/07/02 at 21:30
Regular
But it is still better to play through the game and it looks like to do so I will have to pick myself up a dreamcast, maybe 2nd hand as all I want to do is play Shenme 1!
Mon 01/07/02 at 21:39
Regular
"accidental superher"
well dreamcasts are quite cheap nowadays and if you did get one...there are loadsa god games to get for it too :D
Mon 01/07/02 at 21:43
yea very cheap even from new :)
Mon 01/07/02 at 21:45
Regular
I am devoted to my Xbox now so I would only be getting the console for this one game, I am interested in others but I just want to play this before the 2nd installment on the Xbox.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.