GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Shenmue 2 ?"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 30/06/02 at 16:50
Regular
Now this is very strange to me, I have followed the previews and information on Shenmue 2 now since I first heard of it, but one thing I would like to know is, will Shenmue 1 be included on the disc?

I am not sure what you think but it seems strange to leave out Shenmue 1 and start the series on Shenmue 2, Shenmue 3 is also in the making but Shenmue 1 was the prequel to all of Ryu's adventures and I for one would love to see this game appear on the Xbox!

Maybe a double sided DVD with just a straight port of Shenmue 1 with enhanced graphics would work. I know you have talked about this before but with the launch of Shenmue 2 only a few months away and with hands on at E3 of this game I think it is about time we got to know the full story of what will be included on the disc.

Shenmue 2 is the start of Ryu's journey and Shenmue 1 was just a prequel to this. At the moment I am in 2 minds on wether or not to purchase a dreamcast just so I can play and complete Shenmue 1, but if it is included on the Xbox version then I won't bother.

Has anyone got any news on Shenmue 2 and what it will include as I am sure we all want to find out the story behind it?
Sun 07/07/02 at 09:26
Regular
The thing is, I don't want to turn it into a 'new console' if you get my drift. I just want Shenmue and Virtua Tennis, but I will definatley pick up Soul Calibur 2 on Xbox. If I see the game for under £5 then I will get it, thanks for the recommendation Mantis!
Sat 06/07/02 at 23:54
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
garbe123 wrote:
> I am hoping to pick up both second hand for under £50.

Try and pick up soul caliber aswell as it's still argubly the best beat em up around and it still impresses.
Sat 06/07/02 at 19:11
Regular
I am going to get a second hand Dreamcast with this game and Virtua Tennis. I am going to wait and get Shenmue 2 on Xbox but I really want to play Shenmue 1 now! I have only ever played this game briefly but I was astounded at how good this game was! I am hoping to pick up both second hand for under £50.
Sat 06/07/02 at 18:32
Shenmue 1 is the start of the journey. It sets the whole story up. I would recommend getting Shenmue 1. It's not as good as Shenmue 2, but it's worth it simply to see what happens before Ryo goes to Japan. There's a lot of good choreography too, in the fights. The ending is better than the one in Shenmue 2. I wouldn't just rely on the movie on the DC Shenmue 2 disc. It's just not the same watching the movie.

I think Shenmue is the best games series ever. It's really well thought out and the graphics even in the original are astounding (you'll be amazed at the view across the sea during your first evening at the harbour). It just makes you want to be there.

Liam
Fri 05/07/02 at 21:46
Regular
I like action-packed games best, but I wouldn't say that the gameplay of Shenmue sucks.
Yes it is slow moving in places, but sometimes I like games which give you room to breathe.
As for the "A to B" structure: all adventures are linear, it's just that some games succeed in hiding it better than others.

For me, the Shenmue series stands out as being special, and I'll definately be buying episodes 3, 4, 5 and however more there is beyond that.

Respect to Mr.Suzuki.
Fri 05/07/02 at 20:52
Regular
"accidental superher"
let's go through the so called "gameplay":
-run from A to B looking for people and waiting as the conversation takes place
-qtes...which DON'T really matter whether you pass or fail them cos if you do fail them they you just do it over and over until you do get it right
-woo the jobs...yes thanks for the realism but frankly i don't find driving a forklift very exciting
-racing in a forklift!!!....err well it was rather p*nts and ran so slowly!
-the fighting was okay but it was a bit slow (if they had sped it up to dead or alive speed it would be better) and the fights were too easy too

and that's the so called gameplay which well..sux
Fri 05/07/02 at 20:48
Regular
"accidental superher"
the story was good...yes...
but i've spent the money on a GAME....not a FILM
the gameplay sucked...which is why i didn't like it
Fri 05/07/02 at 20:33
Regular
"ur kungfu is no goo"
I really cant see why people didnt like shenmue 1, ok the story was dragged on but c'mon what a story!!!!, I dident enjoy shenmue 2 anymore or any less they are both good game and by far the best ive ever played even msg2, halo which are both very good so that should tell how much I love shenmue, why if it wasent against gods law I would marry them both!!, I hope we see shenmue 2 before christmas!! bonuses and all!!
Thu 04/07/02 at 20:23
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
I completed Shenmue around 4 times for the DC, I loved it. It is just like a movie, only better and you have to run to the next scene. :P

I never got round to gettin Shenmue 2 on the DC, so I want this game badly now. If shenmue 1 was included in the disk, and everyone had english voices, this would posibly be the greatest adventure ever as well as exelent value.
Thu 04/07/02 at 11:44
Regular
lo, probly been mentioned, but I thought that included with Shenmue2 on xbox was anotha dvd disc that was a film, outlinin all the main points in shenmue 1 this sets the scene for the new game

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.