GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Sell me Xbox..."

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 29/06/02 at 13:12
Regular
Seriously, sell me an Xbox.

Okay, I was joking (but if you have one spare...). I have £500, and am planning on getting a GC - however I can get that and still get an Xbox, but is it worth it? That's why I'm asking you guys. I don't want Microsft speil, I want actual Xbox owners, impartial opinion.

Thank you.
Mon 01/07/02 at 21:15
It was early on my dad woke me up so I didn't miss the securicor van for my free games I was tired I got them though so I am chuffed
Mon 01/07/02 at 13:18
"High polygon count"
Silent85 wrote:
> I think you should get 2 as lets be honest if you had 2 quarters of
> the consoles on the market you wont miss out will you :)

Two quarters? Don't you mean two thirds? :-) Or 'half', at least...
Mon 01/07/02 at 12:00
I think you should get 2 as lets be honest if you had 2 quarters of the consoles on the market you wont miss out will you :)
Sun 30/06/02 at 19:29
Regular
Thanks everyone who replied, especially Wookie, who gave an honest, frank opinion (as well as a selling pitch :D). The reason I asked you guys was because I didn't want the same-old, same-old Microsoft spiel, nor did I want you guys trying to sell it to me, I just wanted honest, forthright opinions on it so I can make the judgement for myself.

Thanks people.

:D
Sun 30/06/02 at 19:24
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
er-no wrote:
>RM18, Talk to me dude, I have both and at the moment I give honest opinions.

MSN :)

Why not say what you have to say here?
Sun 30/06/02 at 19:20
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
I respone to what wookie said down the page a bit

All the comments I made about what you said were aimed at RM18. I pointed out that Savatt got rid of his GC not because its ok with me, that was an example I gave about how greatly opinions differ depending who you ask.

I know xbox sales are relevent, but they are not so in the context of this thread. RM18 wanted peoples opinions on xbox, not how well the system is selling.

Sorry for the confusion.
Sun 30/06/02 at 19:09
Regular
Hows he sposed to talk to u on MSN if you have'nt given him ure address.
Sun 30/06/02 at 19:07
Regular
"everyone says it"
RM18, Talk to me dude, I have both and at the moment I give honest opinions.

MSN :)
Sun 30/06/02 at 18:59
Regular
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> Answer me this: how many people, thinking that PS2's launch line-up
> was poor, delayed buying one until more, better software was
> available?
>
> I know from what I've read on here that it was quite a few. Did you
> have a problem with that at the time? If not, then why do you have a
> problem with me advising someone to do the same with Xbox?

Yes i thought the PS2's Launch games were poor.

Anybody in this forum has a right to an opinion, Fair Enough, Thats yours.

I stand my Ground here, i think the PS2 and Gamecube are'nt the greatest consoles in the world and i beleive XBOX has brilliant games at the moment and has more breathtaking games to come. It just depends on what games you are intrested in. Mario and Luigi, Donkey Kong and Princess don't tickle my fancy.

Wookie, Your opinions DO count, but i genrally ignore them due to the fact that i like the xbox and thats what you think about it.
Sun 30/06/02 at 16:42
Regular
At the moment the Xbox has over taken the GameCube and PS2 sales in Japan. It is the number 1 selling console in Australlia where Microsoft have had to ship 44% more than any other console to there as they are selling so fast. Still selling superbly in America and there has been a 22% increase of sales in the UK over the last 6 weeks! What were you saying about sales Wookie? These facts are as up to date as they come and I only heard them 2 days a go.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.