GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GAMECUBE IS NINTENDOS LAST MACHINE!!!!!"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 27/06/02 at 21:06
Regular
Its sad news! But my friend just told me about it now! HE read in on teletext news under a gaming section, stating that Nintendo will not make any more console because they are happy with what they have done and feel that they will not carry on.

I must confess I have heard rumorus about this aswell...

I dont post on this forum much so this post may be old news, but Im just quoting what my friend said and what I haev heard, it may not be true.... but please can anyone comfirm this??????????

IF it is true, then it will be very sad!

SEGA and Nintendo who where the ORIGINAL and I feel best console developers and game developers will no longer make consoles.. its a sad thing and the old rivalry between those two console was just gaming history and something none of us will forget....

Please say its not true! Has anyone else heard about this? Or am I just very slow? lol

Thanx.
Thu 27/06/02 at 21:06
Regular
"I dressed myself !!"
Its sad news! But my friend just told me about it now! HE read in on teletext news under a gaming section, stating that Nintendo will not make any more console because they are happy with what they have done and feel that they will not carry on.

I must confess I have heard rumorus about this aswell...

I dont post on this forum much so this post may be old news, but Im just quoting what my friend said and what I haev heard, it may not be true.... but please can anyone comfirm this??????????

IF it is true, then it will be very sad!

SEGA and Nintendo who where the ORIGINAL and I feel best console developers and game developers will no longer make consoles.. its a sad thing and the old rivalry between those two console was just gaming history and something none of us will forget....

Please say its not true! Has anyone else heard about this? Or am I just very slow? lol

Thanx.
Thu 27/06/02 at 21:11
Regular
"hiyaaaaahhhh!!!!"
if nintendo truly are shutting down, i will regress into a prehistoric state (whatever that means)
Thu 27/06/02 at 21:14
Regular
"Tell me what i want"
I heard that they saw no futre in the futre games consles and would rather make games. Or do they just like playing follow the leader with sega.
Thu 27/06/02 at 21:14
Regular
"I dressed myself !!"
I dont think they will shut down but will probably follow the route of SEGA, continue to make games for multiplatform..... Imagine seeing Mario and Sonic on the same console.... WEIRD!!!

Can anyone though confirm this? MY friend said he read it on Teletext! I have heard of this news aswell!
Thu 27/06/02 at 21:16
Regular
"Tell me what i want"
Console_kid wrote:
> I dont think they will shut down but will probably follow the route of
> SEGA, continue to make games for multiplatform..... Imagine seeing
> Mario and Sonic on the same console.... WEIRD!!!

They probably would and,wait is that what i think i see. Yes Sonic on the gc
Thu 27/06/02 at 21:19
Regular
"Tell me what i want"
Check out my forum. That needs some posts
Thu 27/06/02 at 21:21
Regular
"hiyaaaaahhhh!!!!"
is your friend a sony junky?

he may be winding you up!
Thu 27/06/02 at 21:21
Regular
"I dressed myself !!"
lol, u caught me out there ads! I completely forgot about Sonic on GC!!!

But what I meant was, seeing Sonic and Mario both on a separate console Like XBox 2!

I know im going on, but can anyone back up what I have said? Am i the only one to have heard this news?
Thu 27/06/02 at 21:24
they said they wont make another console instead they willl concentrait on making games. The point they made is that they think the GC will least around 7 years so they see no point in making another one, just make quailty games instead.
Thu 27/06/02 at 21:27
Regular
GameCube isn't Nintendo's last machine!

I'm sure it was just an interpretation of what the current Nintendo president said.

Anyway, Nintendo aren't making any more consoles til after the GameCube. What's the point in making a new console now when in four or five years there will be new technology out?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.