GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Mario's enemy in Mario Sunshine REVEALED!!"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 27/06/02 at 19:57
Regular
*Taken from gamesradar.co.uk*

A mysterious Mario evil twin emerges as the lead villain in Mario Sunshine. Huge artwork here

We've known for ages that Super Mario Sunshine sees poor old Mario framed for making a right old mess and, as a result, has to rush round like a water cannon-wielding mentalist to clear it all up. But what we haven't known is who is responsible for causing so much trouble for the friendly little plumber fella.

Until now. Brand new Mario Sunshine artwork finally reveals the culprit to be a Mario doppelganger who appears to be made of ice. The as-yet-unnamed fiend is carrying a large brush (that appears to have small face on it) and is getting, er, fire-coloured paint everywhere like a right mucky pup.

As to where Mario's new nemesis emerged from, we can only speculate, although no doubt Bowser is involved somewhere along the way. Perhaps this means, though, that the new character will take over from Bowser as Mario's leading nemesis, freeing Bowser to appear in his own series of games, in the same way that Wario did. It's all filthy speculation at the moment of course, so let us know what you think.

Here's the link - there's a pic there as well...

http://www.gamesradar.com/downloads/default.asp? (remove space)subsectionid=196&articleid=63703&pagetype=2

There you go!

Russ
Sun 30/06/02 at 14:29
Regular
"Long time no see!"
That's kinda dissapointing to see that it's gunna be some kinda water-based Mario form. I was dead sure it was Wario - that would've been much better!

Anyone would've loved to have Mario vs. Wario in the next-generation!
Oh well, at least Wario has his own game too, and there's always hope for the future...
Sun 30/06/02 at 13:34
Regular
Edgy wrote:
> Yay! I got something right :D

*pat pat*
Sun 30/06/02 at 12:32
Regular
Yay! I got something right :D
Sat 29/06/02 at 19:38
Regular
Edgy wrote:
> Doesn't look like a face to me.
>
> Looks like two circles with dots in and a flame.

Hey...your right, it ins't a face. If you look at it upside down (thats upside down of the picture, seeing as he is holding the paintbrush upside down already) it's a sort of cave drawing style bowl with a flame coming out of the top. Well, thats one mystery solved.
Sat 29/06/02 at 16:15
Regular
"keep your receipt"
This Ice Mario reminds me of Majora's Mask, where there was a greater evil at work that we never even saw before. It could be like Link's Awakening, where this island is a twisted version of reality.

Personally I'm hoping for an Ice Bowser as well. That would be cool!
Sat 29/06/02 at 13:03
"Uzi Lover"
Bowser will pop up somewhere along the line and that dreaded Toad :-( He really does suck, in Luigi's Mansion most definetly. Making him a save point isn't going to make me like him Nintendo...

Anyway, that new Mario boss thing...he looks ok, I didn't want to know the boss yet but now I know, oh well. The paintbrush looks threatening...
Sat 29/06/02 at 11:53
Regular
Doesn't look like a face to me.

Looks like two circles with dots in and a flame.
Sat 29/06/02 at 11:14
I have no idea about the face in the brush

The new bad guy mario looks cool i reckon
Fri 28/06/02 at 07:31
Regular
Hmm...what does tht face in the paint brush look like to you? And surely this guy is some sort of Bowser creation, like Mecha Sonic from Dr. Robotnik...
Fri 28/06/02 at 00:15
Regular
There's plenty that can be done with Bowser, just look at the boss at the end of Luigi's Mansion.

Judging by the screenshots Nintendo have gone for a more modern look to the game. I've seen shots of Submarines and Airplanes so maybe they could go the Bajo Tooie way and have Bowser in a big tank or something. Mecha Bowser now that would rule.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.