GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Another reason why Zelda makes no sense....."

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 27/06/02 at 13:23
Regular
If the new Zelda is set before OOT then surely the whole game would have to be set in the Kokiri Forest? according to OOT that was the first time Link had ever left the Forest.

Looks like Miyamoto wasn't kidding and i'm gonna have to beleive the stupid story that every Zelda game has a different Link and a different Zelda.

Ahhhh nuts to Miyamoto that sucks....
Sun 30/06/02 at 14:59
Regular
"Long time no see!"
If every Zelda game followed on from the last then I just don't think the series would be as good as it is today.
It would be never-ending, and we'd just find that incredibley dull, boring, and maybe even predictable, untill we got fed-up.

But with a little mystery and confusion, the game has remained as good as it is today, and we do not know what exaclty to expect from each new game - which in many ways, seems like a completely different and original game to all the others - except for the basic storyline of course.

I like it the way it is, and trying to piece all the games together is just part of the fun!

I'm just dissapointed as to the fact that i've only played 3 games of the long-running series. :(
Sat 29/06/02 at 22:35
Regular
"hiyaaaaahhhh!!!!"
what?
Sat 29/06/02 at 22:31
Regular
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> That must have ben a short game, all you'd have to do is fart on her
> head.

Surely that would more likely knock her out for good?
Sat 29/06/02 at 21:27
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
I played the NES Zelda games and it was pretty much the story I mentioned.
Sat 29/06/02 at 20:09
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Almost every Zelda game is set in a different dimension, with Gannondorf being bannished from that particular dimension at the end of most of the games, only to appear in another dimension in which he terrorises another pair of Zelda and Links.

This exaplains several things:

1) The graphics in the new Zelda are cell shaded. Obviously because the dimension we are seeing now has different laws of physics.

2) Zelda never gets tired of having Gannondorf attack her kindom, only for her to bannish him again. Clearly this is because there is only one Gannondorf who terrorises each dimension once before being bannished.

The idea is supported by Gannondorf saying "I will get my revenge on your ancestors!" in one of the games. Perhaps he's talking about the other dimensional versions of Zelda and Link?

Sonic
Sat 29/06/02 at 19:53
Regular
That must have ben a short game, all you'd have to do is fart on her head.
Sat 29/06/02 at 18:32
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
The first Zelda (NES) I'm not really sure about the plot line, but the second involved princess Zelda being put under a sleeping spell (by Ganondorf I think...) and you having to wake her up...
Sat 29/06/02 at 18:22
Regular
savatt1668 wrote:
> At the end of the day I still see it as Nintendo telling the same
> story in different ways. It would be a lot better if all the
> different games were linked (no pun intended) into an ongoing story
> because its still always the tired old Zelda gets kidnapped, Gannon
> wants the Tri-Force to do nasty evil things and its upto Link to find
> out he's some wonderful chosen one who has to go and fight the evil
> powers of darkness.

I must disagree entirely here. You must bear in mind I haven't played the two NES Zeldas...

Link to the past: Zelda was held hostage at the very start of the game as Gannondorf had put a spell on her castle and her own men had turned against her. You rescue her as the first 15 minutes of the game and thats it for her.

Link's Awakening: Zelda and Gannondorf weren't in it, It wasn't even set in Hyrule!

Zelda OoT: Zelda wasn't kidnapped until right at the very end, and rescuing her certainly wasn't the main plot of the storyline at all. Gannondorf wanted the triforce to do nasty things.

Majora's Mask: No Zelda or Gannondorf.

GameCube Zelda: No Zelda or Gannondorf.

So thats....two she was 'kidnapped' in, and even then it was only for a little while at the start/end of the game. Gannondorf is only in two of them as well...

Only two have a similar storyline, the others are completely different, including Ages and Seasons (I think thats what they're called, I can't remember and cant be bothered to check).
Sat 29/06/02 at 17:46
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
At the end of the day I still see it as Nintendo telling the same story in different ways. It would be a lot better if all the different games were linked (no pun intended) into an ongoing story because its still always the tired old Zelda gets kidnapped, Gannon wants the Tri-Force to do nasty evil things and its upto Link to find out he's some wonderful chosen one who has to go and fight the evil powers of darkness.
Sat 29/06/02 at 17:13
Regular
Of course theres three pieces of the Triforce, power, wisdom and courage. Why do you think it's called TRIforce and not DUOforce or something..

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.