GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Forget the truth, are there any X-Files fans still out there?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 24/06/02 at 19:58
Regular
Am I the only one who still watches it? Everyone I speak to has stopped, just when I believe it is getting better and better. I haven't really got a point to make here, I would just like to know if there are any other avid fans out there, what you think of Series 8 (I know Series 9 has started on Sky, but I haven't got it so please no spoilers) and just your thoughts on the X-Files in general.

So I can make a note of your names on a piece of paper entitled 'These People Rule'.

:D
Tue 25/06/02 at 22:26
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
Yeah I still watch it. Have done since as long as I can remember. Since when I was a small boy who considered not watching every episode because it looked too scary. :-D However, I watched them all and continue to watch them.

However, it is drying up now. They have killed off all the main characters and pretty much killed off all the links that could explain the 'truth'. Now all there is left is crappy monster episodes. Raven monsters, legless muchkins, talking dolls - everything that didn't make the X-Files what it was.

Still, Skinner is the man. Robert Patrick is good but he is nothing on Mulder and he has a stupid name. I mean what the hell is Dogget? Scully HAS to say Agent Dogget. You can't have a woman running around shouting Dogget now can you? It'll sound like "Dog it!" and that sounds rather strange.

Anyway, there is the odd good one but they are few and far between. I watch every one just to make sure I see that odd good one though. And it's no hassle to remember since I always watch 24 and since it takes me a good 5 minutes to pick myself up off the couch every Sunday night, The X-Files has already started before I finally get to my feet. :-D
Wed 26/06/02 at 00:47
I still watch it and plan to watch the last series
Wed 26/06/02 at 01:05
Regular
"One Of A Kind"
Im not a x-files fan and i never watched it before but i watched the first episode of the last series last thursday and i have to say that it was pretty good. I plan to watch again this week.
Wed 26/06/02 at 07:45
Regular
I actually like Dogget, his arrival has freshened up the program.

P.S. Kraijek (sp?) is THE man.
Wed 26/06/02 at 11:31
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
I still watch the X-files... used to watch it more, and We've got a few of the video box sets in the house... watching the latest series... saw the one where they found Mulder who'd been kidnapped by aliens... And the one where that woman was having the alien child and stuff... but I missed most of the last few series... like I have picked up that Mulder has been kidnapped by aliens, but I never saw the episode where that happened... I think I wathced pretty much up to the point where they solved all the 'big' conspiracy involving the CSM (cigarrette smaoking man) and that lot... Then phased out. But getting back into it now.
Wed 26/06/02 at 22:32
Regular
"Is'not Dave... sorr"
I still watch it, grudgingly. The more recent stuff is awful compared to the early series'. I've just recently been able to get hold of complete DVD collections, and am thoroughly enjoying the early series'.

It just ain't the same without Duchovony.
Wed 26/06/02 at 22:52
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
RM18 wrote:
> I actually like Dogget, his arrival has freshened up the program.

I like him too but it's annoying how he has taken up Scully's position as the non-believer and Scully has moved over to fill Mudler's position as the believer. I suppose that's good since Scully would blatently believe after all the stuff she's seen but what was ridiculous was when Mulder and Scully switched - Mulder said it was all fake and didn't believe anymore and Scully was telling him how right he was.

> P.S. Kraijek (sp?) is THE man.

Indeed he is! Although Skinner could kick his arsee. Skinner is the true man! It's always good right at the beginning of the episodes as you're watching the names at the bottom of the screen. You're just begging to see Mitch Pileggi, Nicholas Lea and Bill Nevis (think that's his name) and Brian Thompson. Every fan learns the names so they know what type of episode they're in store for. However, now that everyone is dead it jsut doesn't work.

I remember in that episode a few months back (the one about the murder and the going back in time to stop it - with the black guy from Terminator 2) I was shocked to see Danny Trejo's name at the beginning. I mean, he is a legend. He may not be the biggest actor but I bet people say "I've been in a film with Danny Trejo!! Yeah sure, you can touch me." That man really is a legend!

I bought one of the series on DVD Boxset from Currys a while ago. However, once I got home I opened it up and found that there were 2 disc 6's and no disc 4. I took it back expecting them to just replace one disc 6 witha disc 4 but they said they didn't have any! I was getting extremely annoyed with the way they were talking to me too. In the end, I just had to get a refund.

By the way, I want one of those "I want to believe" posters but I can't find them anywhere!
Wed 26/06/02 at 23:20
Regular
It's got what's his face from T2 in it now hasn't it?
Wed 26/06/02 at 23:47
Regular
"That's right!"
Vottanator wrote:
That man really is a legend!

------

Not as much as Bruce Campbell, I totally freaked out when I realised it was his voice in Spiderman The Movie (the game) doing the commentary. He rules
Wed 26/06/02 at 23:51
Regular
Too right, Bruce Campbell is the man. He even manages to make me laugh when he's explaining the controls.

"Right can you see that, are you watching me? well quit it or i'm gonna get a restraining order put out on you"

God he the man.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.