GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Forget the truth, are there any X-Files fans still out there?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 24/06/02 at 19:58
Regular
Am I the only one who still watches it? Everyone I speak to has stopped, just when I believe it is getting better and better. I haven't really got a point to make here, I would just like to know if there are any other avid fans out there, what you think of Series 8 (I know Series 9 has started on Sky, but I haven't got it so please no spoilers) and just your thoughts on the X-Files in general.

So I can make a note of your names on a piece of paper entitled 'These People Rule'.

:D
Mon 24/06/02 at 19:58
Regular
Am I the only one who still watches it? Everyone I speak to has stopped, just when I believe it is getting better and better. I haven't really got a point to make here, I would just like to know if there are any other avid fans out there, what you think of Series 8 (I know Series 9 has started on Sky, but I haven't got it so please no spoilers) and just your thoughts on the X-Files in general.

So I can make a note of your names on a piece of paper entitled 'These People Rule'.

:D
Mon 24/06/02 at 20:05
Regular
"You've upset me"
Yup, still watch it. Not exactly an avid fan but I make an effort to remember when it's on.
Mon 24/06/02 at 20:13
Regular
"That's right!"
I stopped watching it when I was about 14

I saw a couple of episodes of the newer ones, they were awful. Mulder was stuck on this ship in WW2, and Scully et al were there, but as different people. Then they had an old Scooby Doo style chase... Urgh

Though the X-Files film was pretty good, though the plot wasn't explained very well... why would the government want to wipe out the world? I haven't seen it for years, but I'm pretty sure that was what it was about, the government in cahoots with aliens, making a virus... Strange
Mon 24/06/02 at 20:40
Regular
"Fear my wrath..."
I think the episode I stopped watching at, was when they did a black and white Frankenstein episode - was so boring.

Although I saw Doggett in that metal man episode, couldn't help but laugh, so similar to T2, and since liquid metal man in T2 was Doggett...
Mon 24/06/02 at 21:24
Regular
Bah, looks like I'm one of a dying breed then...

Admittadly, some of the episodes you described were a break from the norm, at least they were innovative. And the last series has been a real return to form.

(I bet you all watched it when it was popular).

(And when the theme tune was No.1).
Mon 24/06/02 at 21:34
Regular
"That's right!"
I used to watch it on BBC2, but I didn't like it at first, I preferred the Outer Limits

Then I saw classics like Tombs, and I was hooked for a good few years. Remember the Paper Clip episode and the other ones with that? They were REALLY complicated, and after that I started to tune out, though I still saw it occasionally, like the one where the alien/human hybrid was on the speeding train, that was a good one
Mon 24/06/02 at 22:53
Regular
"Alt+F4. Ha!"
Yeah I still watch it. Occasionally. I watched the one where Mulder nicked that little kid and took him to the desert and he fell off the end. He got possesed by aliens or something :o)
Tue 25/06/02 at 21:08
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
I still watch it, although that witch doctor episode nearly made me lose my supper.
Tue 25/06/02 at 21:14
Regular
"You've upset me"
The one episode out of the shed-load I've watched is the one with the talking doll that killed people. I have a very vivid memory of the shadow cast on the ship of the bloke with a massive hook through his head.
Tue 25/06/02 at 21:15
Regular
"You've upset me"
RastaBillySkank wrote:
> The one episode out of the shed-load I've watched that sticks in my mind is...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.