GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"gran turismo 3 (anything about the greatest racing game of all time should be written here)"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 24/06/02 at 19:31
Regular
i know that i am kinda obsessed bout gt3, but i just thot i would see what other think the best cars are. my best ten are:

1 - any of the formula one cars, theyr all pretty damn good

2 - Toyota GT-ONE Race Car

3 - Nissan R390 GT1 LM Race Car

4 - Nissan Skyline GT-R Vspec II(R34)

5 - Escudo (Pike's peak version) i dont know bout this one. great top speed, pretty good acceleration, but it handles like a big tree rolling down the hill.

6 - Gillet Vertigo Race Car (my favourite! bought 3 for no reason at all)

7 - Dodge Viper GTS-R Team Oreca

8 - Mazda 787B

9 - Castrol MUGEN NSX GT Car

10 - Toyota Castrol Tom's SUPRA GT Car
Thu 04/07/02 at 22:50
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
DeltaJava wrote:
> Huh? I never knew there were F1 cars in GT3!
> Let me guess, you have to complete the game 90 to 100% to unlock
> them...

I think he meant the polyphony cars. He goes on to say that he has 2 polyphony 1 cars and 1 polyphony 2 car which makes three cars, hence the 3 formula 1 cars statement. mmmmm... Im getting confused myself here.
Thu 04/07/02 at 22:45
Huh? I never knew there were F1 cars in GT3!
Let me guess, you have to complete the game 90 to 100% to unlock them...
Thu 04/07/02 at 22:40
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
You cant do any modifications whatsoever, and you cant use race spec cars.
The Corvette ZO6 and the Chrysler Viper are good for this race series the Corvette has around 350bhp but the Viper has eithr 450 or 550 cant remember but the handling isnt just as good. Also the Aston Martin Vantage is fairly decent but is slightly heavier than the others.
Thu 04/07/02 at 22:32
i got 3 formula 1 cars, 2 polyphony 1s (red , black and yellow)and 1 polyphony 2( dont use it dont know its colour). i only use them in the formula gt races cos they totally trash all the other cars - in the gt world championship, in professional league i lapped a gt1 TWICE. Twice. so i hardly use em. too easy

i was just wondering where do u get the viper concept, cos that has got to be the best looking car in th game( maybe the rx7 actually) i also need some car to use in the polyphony digital cup, and you know it says for untuned cars only? does that include tires, oil changes, gears etc? or just hp levelS? i was thinkin about the skyline but i get massively outpaced every time.
Thu 27/06/02 at 09:14
Regular
"  "
Hey ssx are you on about colour or shape? I know there is only 2 shapes but if you mean colour then i think there is about 6 for each. I only have 1 of each type but when you race against others you might be able to see the other styles? Unless of course there are bonus colours that only the player can drive.
Wed 26/06/02 at 18:56
Regular
quack wrote:
> i know that i am kinda obsessed bout gt3, but i just thot i would see
> what other think the best cars are. my best ten are:
>
> 1 - any of the formula one cars, theyr all pretty damn good

Aha! Somebody else who might know some more about Polyphony race cars. I`ve been wondering for absolutely ages, how many there are.

There are two type, poly1 and poly2. I have about four differenct versions of poly1 and about three of poly2. I have also seen (but didn`t save) another poly2, as well as another of each in a race against me.

I believe there could be as many as 10, but really have no proof without actually owning them. One thing`s for sure though, there are at least 7.

If you have a wide selection, let me know, and I`ll go write down the colours, and try to figure out how many we have total.
Tue 25/06/02 at 23:13
Regular
that deserved post of the day

FM's left handed metric to imperial conversion antics not the actual topic obv.
Tue 25/06/02 at 20:08
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Scenario One: Metric

FM slams into 3rd gear as he tears his Nissan Skyline towards the hairpin bend. Watching the revs hover at around 8000 rpm he pumps the brakes to start turning the car into the corner at 98 kph. Reaching the apex and glancing at the speedo tells him that it's time to slam into second gear and hit the gas, accelerating the car from 89 kph and feeling the G-force try to tear him from the seat. The car straightens out and shoots off down the straightaway gaining speed as FM works through the gears again.

Scenario Two: Imperial

FM slams into 3rd gear as he tears his Nissan Skyline towards the hairpin bend. Watching the revs hover at around 8000 rpm he pumps the brakes to start turning the car into the corner at [digs out calculator...hmmm. 98 divided by 8 multiplied by 5 equals....] Flying past the apex sideways and glancing at the speedo tells him that he's going to spend about 20 seconds reversing out of the gravel pit once the car stops spinning. He trundles back onto the track in 6th place wishing that the UK would finally get rid of mph altogether.
Tue 25/06/02 at 19:34
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
You cant change the speedo type.
If you really want to know what your speed is though, take your speed in kilometers per hour and, multiply it by 5, then divide your answer by 8. This will give you your speed in miles per hour.
Tue 25/06/02 at 19:23
dyu know how to change the speedo from kilometres per hour to miles per hour anyone?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.