GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"gran turismo 3 (anything about the greatest racing game of all time should be written here)"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 24/06/02 at 19:31
Regular
i know that i am kinda obsessed bout gt3, but i just thot i would see what other think the best cars are. my best ten are:

1 - any of the formula one cars, theyr all pretty damn good

2 - Toyota GT-ONE Race Car

3 - Nissan R390 GT1 LM Race Car

4 - Nissan Skyline GT-R Vspec II(R34)

5 - Escudo (Pike's peak version) i dont know bout this one. great top speed, pretty good acceleration, but it handles like a big tree rolling down the hill.

6 - Gillet Vertigo Race Car (my favourite! bought 3 for no reason at all)

7 - Dodge Viper GTS-R Team Oreca

8 - Mazda 787B

9 - Castrol MUGEN NSX GT Car

10 - Toyota Castrol Tom's SUPRA GT Car
Mon 24/06/02 at 19:31
i know that i am kinda obsessed bout gt3, but i just thot i would see what other think the best cars are. my best ten are:

1 - any of the formula one cars, theyr all pretty damn good

2 - Toyota GT-ONE Race Car

3 - Nissan R390 GT1 LM Race Car

4 - Nissan Skyline GT-R Vspec II(R34)

5 - Escudo (Pike's peak version) i dont know bout this one. great top speed, pretty good acceleration, but it handles like a big tree rolling down the hill.

6 - Gillet Vertigo Race Car (my favourite! bought 3 for no reason at all)

7 - Dodge Viper GTS-R Team Oreca

8 - Mazda 787B

9 - Castrol MUGEN NSX GT Car

10 - Toyota Castrol Tom's SUPRA GT Car
Mon 24/06/02 at 19:36
Regular
"95% organic"
Aston Martin Vanquish

mmmmmmmmmmm
Mon 24/06/02 at 19:39
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Best car ever was the Renault Laguna 4 cylinder 1998cc 16V FWD Touring Car pushing 296bhp at 8250rpm. Oh, wait, sorry, that was TOCA 2...

Which means that clearly GT3 is only the second greatest racer of all time :P
Mon 24/06/02 at 19:44
Regular
"Being Ignorant"
FantasyMeister wrote:
> Best car ever was the Renault Laguna 4 cylinder 1998cc 16V FWD Touring
> Car pushing 296bhp at 8250rpm. Oh, wait, sorry, that was TOCA 2...
>
> Which means that clearly GT3 is only the second greatest racer of all
> time :P

What you been smoking?

GT3 kicks TOCA 2's butt from here to Bangkok!

{:-)
Mon 24/06/02 at 19:54
FantasyMeister wrote:
>

i hate to say this( actually i dont, otherwise i wouldnt bother saying it at all) but ur wrong

gt3 was the deciding factor for me to buy a ps2, even more than mgs2. toca comes about 8th on my most wanted ps 2 game list

dyu really think that tocas meagre selection of touring cars could compete with gt3s 150 + road cars, rally cars, and touring cars? the fact is, all of the cars on my list could trash ur puny renault laguna in any sort of race. thats the way they are, a 975hp car must beat a 296hp car, dont matter what track.

btw, is there a toca game out on the ps2? cos although it is worse than gt3, it is a pretty damn good game :)
Mon 24/06/02 at 19:56
thatr one i just did might have been a bit unkind of me, but im over protective about "the greatest racing game of all time!!!" (joke)

btw i mean gt3 is "the greatest racing game of all time", not toca 2
Tue 25/06/02 at 09:59
Regular
"  "
FantasyMeister wrote:
>

I think u will find the laguna Touring car was on GT2....i think...could be getting mixed up with a 406. Anyway Race Driver looks like it will thrash GT3. Just the delays that is pants about it. Why do codies do that. Prisoner of war has been put back to end of July. Geeeeez!
Tue 25/06/02 at 19:23
dyu know how to change the speedo from kilometres per hour to miles per hour anyone?
Tue 25/06/02 at 19:34
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
You cant change the speedo type.
If you really want to know what your speed is though, take your speed in kilometers per hour and, multiply it by 5, then divide your answer by 8. This will give you your speed in miles per hour.
Tue 25/06/02 at 20:08
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Scenario One: Metric

FM slams into 3rd gear as he tears his Nissan Skyline towards the hairpin bend. Watching the revs hover at around 8000 rpm he pumps the brakes to start turning the car into the corner at 98 kph. Reaching the apex and glancing at the speedo tells him that it's time to slam into second gear and hit the gas, accelerating the car from 89 kph and feeling the G-force try to tear him from the seat. The car straightens out and shoots off down the straightaway gaining speed as FM works through the gears again.

Scenario Two: Imperial

FM slams into 3rd gear as he tears his Nissan Skyline towards the hairpin bend. Watching the revs hover at around 8000 rpm he pumps the brakes to start turning the car into the corner at [digs out calculator...hmmm. 98 divided by 8 multiplied by 5 equals....] Flying past the apex sideways and glancing at the speedo tells him that he's going to spend about 20 seconds reversing out of the gravel pit once the car stops spinning. He trundles back onto the track in 6th place wishing that the UK would finally get rid of mph altogether.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.