GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Final Fantasy X - Im stuck"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 23/06/02 at 19:55
Regular
Help me Im stuck on the secound encounter with seymour, hes pretty tough are there any certain things i can use on him to mak my life easier??
My stats are pretty low, so i guess that could be the problem, what was your hp stats when u did him. (after you get bahamut, just incase anyone gets confused).
Sun 23/06/02 at 19:55
Help me Im stuck on the secound encounter with seymour, hes pretty tough are there any certain things i can use on him to mak my life easier??
My stats are pretty low, so i guess that could be the problem, what was your hp stats when u did him. (after you get bahamut, just incase anyone gets confused).
Sun 23/06/02 at 21:12
Rinoa Heartilly wrote:
> Help me Im stuck on the secound encounter with seymour, hes pretty
> tough are there any certain things i can use on him to mak my life
> easier??
> My stats are pretty low, so i guess that could be the problem, what
> was your hp stats when u did him. (after you get bahamut, just incase
> anyone gets confused).

Best buy the strategy guide for final fanatasy X.
just bought the ps2 the same day ffx came out.
Use Aeons on overdrive to beat seymour, he will banish them after one turn, but that one turn should be enough. you'll need about 3 aeons.
Sun 23/06/02 at 23:14
You are talking about the encounter in Highbridge right with Seymour NAtus...

Because i can see how with low levels this battle can be quite tricky with low levels... There are a few techniques u can use here...

Try and use Lulu attacking Seymour with her strongest spells... Flare if poss... and doublecast is useful! and hope characters like tidus and auron can attack mortibody and take out its HP which will decrease from 4000 to 1000.

The reason i se this technique is because if u take out the mortibody it stops its attacks and then it drains the HP lost from Seymour... If you have Wakkas Attack Reels save them for about half way through the battle... and Aeons on overdrive would be helpful if not try and get yuna on a overdrive and use your strongest aeon b4 seymour kills them...

The battle gets easier as you get further into it. Just keep attacking the Mortibody and saving big attacks for nearer the end and you should strape throught this.

You could also try using reflect if u have it when he tries 2 cast flare... also casting this on him will reflect any healing spells...

BUT REMEMBER IT WILL ALSO REFLECT URS!!!

good luck i hope this helps

-Omega-
Sun 23/06/02 at 23:40
Regular
"You Bum!!"
Hello Rinoa! Your best would be to cast Bio on Seymour and that will take quite a lot of his health away every turn. Get all your Aeons and characters on overdrives and just beat him to death with a stick. That should do the trick
Sun 23/06/02 at 23:57
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Alternatively just hunt a few smaller monsters after your last save and progress a bit with each character on the Sphere Grid, then go back and try again. Always works for me...
Mon 24/06/02 at 11:04
Regular
"Conversation Killer"
Omega-X wrote:
> You are talking about the encounter in Highbridge right with Seymour
> NAtus...
>
> Because i can see how with low levels this battle can be quite tricky
> with low levels... There are a few techniques u can use here...
>
> Try and use Lulu attacking Seymour with her strongest spells... Flare
> if poss... and doublecast is useful! and hope characters like tidus
> and auron can attack mortibody and take out its HP which will decrease
> from 4000 to 1000.
>
> The reason i se this technique is because if u take out the mortibody
> it stops its attacks and then it drains the HP lost from Seymour... If
> you have Wakkas Attack Reels save them for about half way through the
> battle... and Aeons on overdrive would be helpful if not try and get
> yuna on a overdrive and use your strongest aeon b4 seymour kills
> them...
>
> The battle gets easier as you get further into it. Just keep attacking
> the Mortibody and saving big attacks for nearer the end and you should
> strape throught this.
>
> You could also try using reflect if u have it when he tries 2 cast
> flare... also casting this on him will reflect any healing spells...
>
> BUT REMEMBER IT WILL ALSO REFLECT URS!!!
>
> good luck i hope this helps
>
> -Omega-

Somehow i doubt it will help because you have given a method for using high spells which won't even be available for another 10 hours. Yes, he may JUST have flare now but how can he have doublecast when you need a LV3 sphere and a LV4 sphere? I only just got doublecast yesterday and i've done 75 hours. Even though i completed it on 72 hours, my task now is to kill all the dark aeons.
Mon 24/06/02 at 12:16
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
Ok I'm miles behind you lot as I only got the game on Thursday evening and have only played it for about 10 hours in total so bear with me on this please.

Lulu's overdrive, how the heck do you get this to work? I can do Auron's follow the button sequence. Tidus, hit the mark. Wakka, hit the reels etc but Lulu doesn't do anything, I've tried all sorts of button pressing etc but to no avail and it's annoying me.

I don't want to have to go and look at any guides so just a quick pointer would be most appreciated.

Oh and I expect loads of stick but hey, that's life ;D
Mon 24/06/02 at 12:45
Regular
"bearded n dangerous"
Jive wrote:
> Oh and I expect loads of stick but hey, that's life ;D

Ironically enough, that's exactly what you have to do, give it loads of stick - rotate the right analog stick through as many 360 degree full circles as you can.

STICK! STICK! STICK! STICK! STICK! STICK! STICK! STICK! STICK! STICK! STICK!
Mon 24/06/02 at 12:47
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
Jonman wrote:
> Ironically enough, that's exactly what you have to do, give it loads
> of stick - rotate the right analog stick through as many 360 degree
> full circles as you can.
>
>
> STICK! STICK! STICK! STICK! STICK! STICK! STICK! STICK! STICK! STICK!
> STICK!

LOL....now why the flippin heck did I not try that out.....doh.

Thanks for you help, now feel a complete fool but looking forward to getting home and giving it some STICK! ;D
Mon 24/06/02 at 12:49
Regular
"  "
Yer Jons right...i had loads of trouble working it out....just do like he says...spin the right stick around 360 but make sure it touches the case all the time and doesn't go back to the middle.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.