GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I don't care that england lost yesterday"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 23/06/02 at 08:17
Regular
All this stupidness about the world cup. people in scool get time off to watch it and we don't (even though i wouldn't watch it anyway)! And the adverts for the fifa world cup game is pretty pathetic. I see people putting up england flags up now. What do the think is going to happen? they're going to disqualify brazil or the england team are going to drive down the road and see it.
Ps its not he end of the world that we lost. Grown don't need to cry. I mean, we personally didn't lose anything, did we?
Sun 23/06/02 at 08:17
All this stupidness about the world cup. people in scool get time off to watch it and we don't (even though i wouldn't watch it anyway)! And the adverts for the fifa world cup game is pretty pathetic. I see people putting up england flags up now. What do the think is going to happen? they're going to disqualify brazil or the england team are going to drive down the road and see it.
Ps its not he end of the world that we lost. Grown don't need to cry. I mean, we personally didn't lose anything, did we?
Sun 23/06/02 at 08:24
your pathetic
Sun 23/06/02 at 10:46
Regular
"Bobba you"
Well thats your oppion. The WC only comes every 4 years so people like to enjoy it while it lasts.
Sun 23/06/02 at 11:00
®eDdY²°°2 wrote:
> Well thats your oppion. The WC only comes every 4 years so people like
> to enjoy it while it lasts.

I said that to Titlwhirl and you said "well said"! I totally agrre. If you dont like the world cup go and bury your head for a couple of weeks and you can come out when it's finished. Either that or you can sit back, have a beer and watch the footie like everyone else!
Sun 23/06/02 at 11:34
Regular
"$hit happens"
If you don't like football, we don't care, football fans enjoy it, you may be a fan of something else we all hate but there ain't no point in us just saying it is bad because we don't like it. Or are you just trying to get some attention?
Sun 23/06/02 at 12:58
Regular
So it's pathetic that a whole country joined in union to cheer on a team of twenty-odd men competiting in a competition?

It's pathetic that the whole world (or most of it) joined together in peace to have a friendly competition to see which nation, for 2002, is the best in the world?

It's pathetic that people, who may have once been enemies, found out what they have in common with each other, their support for the English football team?

It's pathetic that people are mourning the loss of something they believed England could do?

Prawno, the World Cup does more good than damage. Sure, it's only a competition, but it promotes world peace with friendly competition, and allows people from all around the world to get along with each other, if only for the month or so it takes place! It's not pathetic.

Note: I myself am not a football fan, but I can see the good it does.
Sun 23/06/02 at 13:00
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Thought they lost on Friday... crazy chap
Sun 23/06/02 at 13:03
Regular
"how long have i got"
SHEEPY wrote:
> Thought they lost on Friday... crazy chap

they did he is just a stoopid little kiddy-fiddler
Sun 23/06/02 at 13:05
I enjoyed this World Cup. It's about damn time the less-likely teams got through and started giving the contenders a bit of pressure and flak.

Only thing I got against the cup, is the dodgy referee's with their crucial decisions.

It's a conspiracy I tell you!
Sun 23/06/02 at 13:38
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
Edgy, did you intentionally try to make that the corniest post ever? :-D

"It's pathetic that people, who may have once been enemies, found out what they have in common with each other, their support for the English football team?"

That's a Jerry Bruckheimer president speech, that is. :-D

-----

"We all make mistakes. It's just a shame David Seaman's had to be in the quarter final of the World Cup." - Teddy

That brought a smile to my face. :-D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.