GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Got Broadband, Halo online soon."

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 22/06/02 at 07:56
Regular
Just got broadband sorted out, with Activation on the 19th and recieving my modem today.

Just really wanted to know who will be able to play Halo online, once I get my NIC for my PC.
Wed 10/07/02 at 17:20
Regular
Im looking forward for XBOX live, you dont need to get an NIC card then. The possibilty of new updates for games and an IM messenger service will be really cool. Still playing Halo online now is good.
Wed 10/07/02 at 13:11
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Just got the NIC card and now waiting for Halo players to join in for some online fun. Email me at [email protected] if you have a broadband connection and want to play Halo online.
Sun 23/06/02 at 11:59
Regular
adrian wrote:
> Yep thats ok

Great, I'd better sort my set-up out now!
Sun 23/06/02 at 11:58
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
gamezfreak wrote:
> awww 121kb/s down
> 64kb/s up

Dont think you will be able to play Halo online. You could give it ago, but you have half of the required bandwidth, so it may run slow and you might be kicked off quite alot.
Sun 23/06/02 at 11:56
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
®²ºº¹uK wrote:
> adrian wrote:
> Actually go to www.adslguide.org.uk and then select the speed test
> from the column on the left. Do the speed test and if you get the
> required upload rate of 128Kbps then you'll be ok.
>
> I just tested mine. I got 467 down, and 237 up. I'm guessing this is
> OK?

Yep thats ok

I get 453kbps down and 233 up.
Sun 23/06/02 at 09:20
Regular
awww 121kb/s down
64kb/s up
Sun 23/06/02 at 01:01
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
Sorry but i'm not too good on all this technical stuff. If I do get broadband, which I probably will get eventually, mabye in a years time, I will definitaly be up for a bit of online Halo with you guys.

We will really see who is the master chief then!
Sun 23/06/02 at 00:03
Regular
adrian wrote:
> Actually go to www.adslguide.org.uk and then select the speed test
> from the column on the left. Do the speed test and if you get the
> required upload rate of 128Kbps then you'll be ok.

I just tested mine. I got 467 down, and 237 up. I'm guessing this is OK?
Sat 22/06/02 at 19:35
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
savatt1668 wrote:
> Well my Dad's gone to pick up this comp now so I'll be downloading the
> stuff tonight. :-) Is there anything else I'll need ? Just to make
> sure I'm not left with any surprises. ;-)

You need

1x Xbox
1x Halo
1x Controller
1x Tv
1x Crossover cable
1x PC
1x NIC
1x broadband modem
1x Xbox connect software

May be different if you dont have a USB modem and you use another way to access the internet.
Sat 22/06/02 at 19:31
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
gamezfreak wrote:
> i have the NTL:Home broadband internet connection for £14.99 a
> month, thats 128kbps, i guess thats fine?
>
> Blood Gulch rocks, especially on CTF :)

Nope dont think it is. The 128Kbps is the download rate for your connection when the 128Kbps needed is upload rate. If you can upload files at 16k/s then your ok, but I suspect that you have a 128kbps download and then a 64kbps, or even a 32kbps upload.

On the Xbox connect site it says you must have broadband like Cable or DSL with a 128kbps upload and these type of upload rates usually only come with DSL or cable which have a 256kbps upload.

You could try Halo online but you may experience some lag and may even get kicked off the servers.

Actually go to www.adslguide.org.uk and then select the speed test from the column on the left. Do the speed test and if you get the required upload rate of 128Kbps then you'll be ok.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.