GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Ronaldinho: My goal was no fluke"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 21/06/02 at 22:11
Regular
Ronaldinho insists his goal which beat England in the World Cup quarter-final was no fluke.

His free-kick from 30 yards out went over the head of David Seaman, and under the bar, to put Brazil 2-1 ahead.

Cynics dismissed it as an over-hit lob into the penalty area, but Ronaldinho was adamant he intended to surprise Seaman.

"Cafu had told me that Seaman usually moves forward preparing to take the square balls," he said.

"I was a bit far (out from goal), but I tried it and I was able to score. He (Seaman) moved back, but he couldn't stop it."

Minutes after the goal, Ronaldinho was sent off for a studs-up tackle on Danny Mills.

Ronaldinho was convinced he did not deserve to be sent off and claimed Mills agreed with him.

"I don't believe that it was a foul for a red card," he said.

"I met Mills in doping control later and he also believes I did not deserve to be sent off."

The sending-off means he is automatically ruled out of Brazil's semi-final, but he expects to be available for the final, if they get there.

"I don't want to say anything more about all this because it depends on Fifa, but I have hope," he added.
Sun 23/06/02 at 16:39
"`·.¸¸.·´´¯`··._.·`·"
Ronaldinho_da_2nd are you from Brazil?
Sun 23/06/02 at 16:01
Regular
i hate toi spoil things but to quote juniniho who probrably knows a little more than us:

"ronaldinho came in to the changing rooms and told us that the goal was a fluke and that he had meant to just chip it into the area"
Sun 23/06/02 at 15:19
"she wants to move"
> PS: Ronaldinho IS a Brazilian football genius.

Rivaldo is far better!
Sun 23/06/02 at 13:18
"~do i look funny?~"
I love Brazil and always will. It's the class, flair and their knack for scoring unbelievable goals (and meaning to).

Ronaldinho clearly meant to lob Seaman. Incase no one remembers when france played some French team........

It was the exact same position and seaman came off his line to shout something to his defenders. What happend? Same thing as Friday.... I rest my case.

PS: Ronaldinho IS a Brazilian football genius.
Sun 23/06/02 at 12:11
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I'm still not sure as to wether or not it was a fluke or if it was intentional. But I am sure that he should not have been Red Carded as there was no real intention there.

What I think he may have been trying to do with that free kick is to try and make Seaman fumble infront of goal to give Ronaldo or someone a simple task of putting the ball into the empty net.

You can't call it a back-post cross as it was too high and to near the centre of the goal. And he didn't c***-up the kick at all!
So he meant whatever he was trying to do then...

I can see this debate going on into the next World Cup....
Sat 22/06/02 at 22:51
Regular
he claims ST. Danny Mills cleanest player in the world agreed with him. News just in patrick Viera, Graeme le saux and roy keane all agreed too. I'm glad he seeks danny Mills' approval on disciplinary issues.

I wonder what gary Lineker thought?
Sat 22/06/02 at 21:49
Regular
I think that he didnt deserve that red card, i think that ref had some personal vendetta against him. Brazil should try to convince fifa to let him play in their next match.
Sat 22/06/02 at 13:22
Regular
Tetchy wrote:
> Thats pretty special if he can score like that without even looking at
> where he's aiming for.

Well, he is a brazillian footballing genius :)
Sat 22/06/02 at 13:14
If you watch the replay, never once does 'The fourth Bee-Gee'look at where Seaman is.

He keeps his head down and only ever looks down the line of players in the box as he takes his run up.

Thats pretty special if he can score like that without even looking at where he's aiming for.
Sat 22/06/02 at 10:36
Regular
It looked an awful lot like a fluke...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.